“AWESOME!”
Review of Black Horse Trails

Black Horse Trails
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At the base of the majestic Outeniqua mountains in the Wilderness, lies our little charming horse ranch, Black Horse Trails. Our rides venture into the forests and mountains from a 1.5 hour trail, 3 hour trails, sun downer trails, full moon trails, full day trails to a 2 day overnight trail. We have suitable steeds for any level of experience you may or may not have on a horses back, everyone is welcome! Although for our day trips and 2 day trip riders need to be experienced. Please visit our website to see all our options and prices (which are very reasonable).
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I booked a 3 hour Waterfall ride with Blackhorse Trails in March - and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I ride and he doesn't but there was an appropriate horse for both of us to ensure that we both got the most out of the ride. I rode Buffy who was loads of fun and my husband rode Sophie who looked after him well. The two girls who took us out were absolutely amazing - so friendly and natural. We all got in a couple of canters, a good gallop and left more than slightly stiff. Would recommend it to everyone - beginners are given the opportunity to have some fun on safe sounds horses and the more experienced riders are given horses that they can have fun with! Perfect, keep up the good work guys!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lauren B

Charlotte Amalie, null, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful volunteer experience!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I am currently volunteering at Black Horse Trails giving trail rides and so far the experience is fabulous! Lyndsay and Stef (the owners) are lovely people who welcome you to their ranch like old friends. The horses are stunning, especially the Friesians which I have come to call the gentle giants. The 3-hour waterfall trail is especially beautiful. If you want an opportunity to ride beautiful well-trained horses and experience the mountainous part of Wilderness from a different perspective, Black Horse Trails is a perfect addition to your holiday or just a lovely way to spend a day if your a local! d

Visited March 2014
Stephan H, Owner at Black Horse Trails, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
We miss you Jenna! Thank you for being such a lovely easy going volunteer and for helping us look after our horses so well. Please come visit us again.

Lyndsay
Sao Paulo, SP
“Gentle Giants without bit”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Never imagined that such gentle giant horses, nice and calm, could be so easy to ride without the bit...therefore it was amazing, I am delighted because I as an advanced rider, and my wife with no experience could manage with comfort those black Fresians.

The German guide was calm and warmth and able to handle to whole trial fore more than an hour and half.

The trip was perfect on broad unpaved roads, wet and full of wet green foliage and trees in the forest.

Hope everyone can enjoy as we did.

Hugs

Bernardo Wagon and Sabrina Nudeliman Wagon

Visited February 2014
Stephan H, Owner at Black Horse Trails, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed our gentle giants and our bittless approach.I remember how curios you were when you arrived as to how well it would work and I'm so glad it was a good experience for the 2 of you. Thanks again,

Lyndsay
St Andrews, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great way to get 'off the beaten track'”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Beautifully looked after horses & friendly staff made my 1/5 hour ride out through the forest memorable. Thank you.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank beitanne
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Horse Riding”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My husband and I never had the privilege to ride on a horse on our own before this trip. It was the most amazing experience. I was sore for 3 days afterwards, but will do it again. Loved the horses and the guide!

Visited January 2014