“Excellent”

Ranked #21 of 33 Restaurants in Wilderness
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Traditonal Thai dining experience like no other...The Royal Siam Thai Restaurant is nestled amongst large Milkwood trees in the quaint Milkwood Village in Wilderness, Garden Route. Our traditional Thai cuisine will touch all your senses with freshly prepared Sushi and exotic Thai dishes from spicy red/green curries to decadent chocolate desserts and more. Come join us for lunch, dinner or simply enjoy a cocktail on our sunny deck while the kiddies play in our garden park.
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Visited there on a rainy evening. Not good lighting up stairs. But food was excellent. Tempura sushi amazing. Curry also very good. Waiter was not a bug but helpful. A great experience.

1  Thank Evanseligs

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I love going to visit Ice, the owner, at Royal Siam and love even more the Deep Fried Ice Cream.
Every time I go to George for work I have to get a take away deep fried ice cream. I have taken all my friends and work colleagues to Royal Siam. My Dad, who now lives in George, is Ice's newest fan. We were there on Friday 13th. The food is out of this world. But the Deep Fried Ice cream is the BEST. Just remember one spoon and not two!

1  Thank Ilana C
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had a long table of 10 people and everyone raved about their dinners. I had the Massamang curry and for a freezing cold night, this was awesome. Everyone tasted my dish and were sorry they didn't order it! That says it all, although the individual dishes were enjoyed by everyone.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We were very excited when this restaurant initially opened, having fond memories of Wang Thai restaurant in Pretoria. We've now been to Royal Siam Thai three times, and every time unfortunately we've left feeling underwhelmed. Nothing was particularly wrong, but nothing was particularly great either. Always a bit disappointing if you leave thinking 'I could have made that meal better myself' (and I'm by no means a chef, nor even just an avid cook... )

Lelanie S, Owner at Royal Siam Thai @Wilderness, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Sorry you were disappointed on numerous occasions. Please let us know which dishes you have ordered so we can look into the matter.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a lovely meal & starter here. The crowd were different people from all over, mixed atmosphere. The service was not fast, but the food came pretty quickly. There is a bit of everything to try. Starter platter & sushi platters come highly recommended :-) You can sit outside or inside, even have a sushi bar. Lovely entrance walk up between the trees with some African arts and crafts along the way. All in all, don't be in a rush & enjoy a drink & some lovely food.