“Luxury with a view”

Ranked #48 of 57 Wilderness B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Luxury with a view”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed staying here! The rooms are beautifully furnished with everything that one can possibly need, even a shower with an amazing view over the ocean (in the room we stayed in). The hosts are friendly, warm, yet professional and are willing to assist with any need you might have.
The famous Wilderness beach is a short walk down from the house, fantastic breakfast, swimming pool and views that cannot be described.....

WE WILL DEFINATELY RETURN
Louis and Anita Julyan
Cape Town, RSA

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite (corner suite). View over ocean and swimming pool, one side protected against the wi...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 2 February 2013

the perfect relaxing place - stunning ocean view, great location, nice rooms and a luxury property with a very nice garden. Lovely Leena and Henk make you feel like home and care about just everything.

Fall River, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

Nice quiet location with lovely hosts. Our room had a great view of the ocean but was somewhat musty smelling and the decor a bit dated. The bed was comfortable and the room seemed clean although there was a used bar of soap in the shower stall upon our arrival. Also we were unable to access the internet from our room which was a little disappointing but manageable as we were only there for 2 nights. A bit of a difficult walk from the property down to the beach as it is very steep and the path somewhat overgrown. There are two very friendly dogs on site but this might be a little intimidating for those unsure of large dogs.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Lakenheath Suffolk
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This our 2nd visit to Tuscany.......We love it here.
Always so welcoming and lovely people Henk and Leena.
Relax and enjoy the indian ocean from the lovely garden or your own balcony...
Perfect
Anne and Rob from the UK

Room Tip: We always have the suite on the first floor, but believe me they are all excellent
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Tuscany. It was lovely. The room looks out over the sea - all you hear are the waves crashing. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The hosts were friendly and helpful.
I would not hesitate to recommend it!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Upon arrival from Cape Town via George (air travel), just a short drive up the N1, I knew I had arrived as my country flag was waving in the warm onshore breeze inside the gated grounds. I was greeted with a welcome from Leena and Henk as though I was their long lost son. They gave me a complete tour of the property, which have the most awesome views off the cliffs of “The Tuscany “into the deep blue Indian Ocean. I had a killer corner room on the second floor with a balcony overlooking the well manicured gardens and sparkling pool. After settling in I was invited to dinner in Wilderness after a few beers and glasses of SA wine on the veranda watching the sun set. Do not miss happy hour at Monks and dinner at the Blue Oliver (which Henk and Leena highly recommend) and the locals chill barefooted over wild game entrees and gorgeous SA wines. The vibe in Wilderness is very relaxed, note the barefooted locals, not to be mixed up with “natives” as you will be overwhelmed with diversity. The next morning I awoke to the smell of fresh coffee brewing, waves crashing on the beach, and Leena in the kitchen with her house staff preparing breakfast. The Tuscany is centrally located on the Garden Route as great place for day trips of the coastline. After breakfast Henk and Leena gave me the inside scoop on the Must Do places to see. Please understand I’m NOT a Disneyland kind of traveler, so if you want “Touristy” sorry, but there are some places you just have to see along the journey. My first day trip off to Jeffery’s Bay, if you surf at all you have heard of this place, well worth the drive. Along the way you must stop just after the toll bridge where there is the World’s highest bungee jump sights in Tsitsikamma at 216m. After a long drive and outstanding day I returned to “The Tuscany” to find that Leena had set out wine for me before I was off for dinner. With another great meal in Wilderness and a stop at the Blue Olive for a listen to a local band I was ready to turn in. The next morning after a good night’s rest on the pillow soft bed I made my way down the cliff out the back gate for a run on the beach as I returned my breakfast was awaiting. So off on another day trip, this went on for a week to a different remarkable destination and new experience each and every day. I would recommend “The Tuscany” and you will have a blast and Henk and Leena will take excellent care of you and you party. I hope to return soon and will bring my children for sure. Thanks again Henk and Leena, Cheers!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank merrell5183
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 January 2009

My husband had been to Wilderness twice before during Christmas 2003 and 2004 to paraglide and was always raving on about it. Not being a paraglider myself we agreed on a 2 week stay in Wilderness for beach/scenery/paragliding as part of our 4 week trip where we travelled from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth.

Honestly, I didn't have any expectations of the place but boy was I blown away. It was the highlight of our trip to SA.
Wilderness has it all. Amazing scenery, beautiful long sandy beaches, great restaurants and one felt very safe. It's a lovely small village.

What can I say about "The Tuscany" guesthouse. It really made our stay so special. Set on the cliff edge, you awoke to the sound of the ocean & the most amazing views. The guesthouse has private access to the beach where I used to go for walks before breakfast. Breakfasts were really good, fresh fruit salads, homemade bread and fry ups if you so desired.

Henk and Lena were great hosts and they were genuinely interested in all of their guests and they got to know all of their guests on a first name basis over breakfast.

We were in the 1st floor double room for the first few days & this was really nice with 2 bathrooms & separate room for changing etc! The top floor suite is just amazing. The views from your bed will blow you away.

There is a large table & chairs on the cliff edge where you can sit & watch the surf, dolphins from sunset to sunrise & you can use the barbie for those sunsets that you will never forget.

Tuscany is about 30mins drive from Knysna where you can go for a day trip & have oysters etc. (Kynsna is actually a very big town & we were happy we did not stay there but a must for day trip)

The most amazing beach (Kleinkrantz) is just a 20min walk along the beach from Tuscany or a 5 minuite drive to where the dunes start. The dunes are huge & the beach was empty every time we were there. (from Tuscany take N2 in the direction of Knysna & after 150 yards you will see a sign for Kleinkrantz. Take this turn & then drive along the road & take the 4th turn right. Drive to end of cul de-sac & walk straight ahead to the beach. Amazing)

Oudtshoorn is an hours drive away which has the Cango Caves (amazing) & the Swartzberg Pass which is the most scenic & beautiful place I have ever seen. (this will take entire day as you will stop a lot & have to drag your jaw back into car!)

Buffels Baii. - An amazing beach.

George is a big town that is nothing to write home about. The best thing about George is the N2 out of it!

Wilderness restaurants:
Girls - excellent food 5*
Pomodoro - excellent food & outside sitting 4*
Bongos (behind garage) great pizza from €2!

If thinking of going to Garden route go no further than Tuscany & you won’t go wrong!

• Liked — Location & quality of rooms
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank AdamDrew