“Jean du Plessis”

Ranked #1 of 78 Centurion B&B and Inns
Lichtenburg
“Jean du Plessis”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Excellenny accommodation at a very reasonable price. Facilities are very good and I did not have any problem with the services provided. I will stay there the next time I need to travell to Centurion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Luanda, Angola
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was in Pretoria, South Africa on holidays for 2 weeks with my younger sisters, brother and cousin, everything was going well, until there was a complication with my previous accommodation and had to leave immediately, you can image my panic and stress as I had no place to stay and had only one night to find alternative accommodation... Went online and Van's kept showing up and I must be honest from the website it does not do this self catering accommodation justice. So I decided to give them a call and phone was answered the lady I spoke to was friendly and I think she felt that I was stress because she was so calmed and understanding told me to call in the morning for direction, we booked for 7 nights.

We stayed at the French Quarter 2 and it was just lovely :) it was perfect in every way, all the convenience of home I found it and Catherine was as friendly and helpful, kept the place clean and just the way you would want your home to feel like when get back from a long day of shopping and visiting, I must be honest I was sad to leave.

I have stayed in various places in my life and I would like to recommend the Van's for your stay in Pretoria, South Africa it is worth the stay :)

To all the staff of Van's Thank you for making my stay just lovely!

Room Tip: The French Quarter 2 was really nice if you traveling with a group of 4 or 5 people, it is quite on...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Joondalup, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We can highly recommend @ Van's. We stayed for 2 months at Van's and it felt like staying at home. The people at Van's were very friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Catherine - you are a Star! This is a perfect place if you want self catering, privacy and professional service. Full DSTV, Wi-Fi, place gets cleaned every day (ex Sundays), close to shops and good restaurants. Stay at Van's and you won't be disappointed!! One of the best!

Willie & Ester

Room Tip: Any unit dependable on people staying
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ester and Willie,

Thank you for your review. You were the perfect guests and we really enjoyed having you around. Catherine sends her regards and we hope to see you again in the near future.

We are glad that you had a save trip and are back at home.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed here three different times and always feel at home. The place is always Very clean. The Meyers and staff are always friendly and accommodating. The firs time we went there we checked in at 11pm. Mrs Meyer came with a smile and handed over the keys.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Pravesh,

Thank you for always remembering to stay with us! We always appreciate your business and hope to see you again in future. Thank you for the opportunity to make your stay memorable. I hope that the wedding went well and that the happy couple will be blessed.

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My Husband and I stayed for a week, they made us feel at home and the people working there where very friendly and helpful.
I will most definite recommend @ Vans for your stay in Centurion.
Thanks for o lovely and enjoyable stay.
Kevin & Liezl

Room Tip: We stayed on one of the rooms farther away from the swimming pool and there was no way our baby woul...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Liezl L
Dear Liezl,

Thank you for your review! I hope that you are happy in your new environment and that baby has acclimatized well. We look forward to seeing you next time when you are in Pretoria.

Shropshire England
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have just spent 4 nights at Van's on a very hectic visit and found the accommodation ideal, good location, great accommodation with lots of privacy and a great peaceful retreat. All the staff were very helpful but didnt need to bother them as everything was catered for. Ideally need a car as nothing within walking distance but have a great back up in Simon who provides transport as and when required.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed at Vans for 2 nights, Initially the booking transaction was smooth. I felt accommodated and looked after on arrival, the accommodation is situated over 2 sites on what looks like a normal residential estate. The main reception area was very homely and I was shown to my room by pleasant staff. I booked the Junior Suite which was very nicely finished, had a Kitchenette area which was fully equipped with all appliances (except washing machine) I had my own personal patio area with Braai Facilities. The communal Pool looked clean and well maintained although I didn't go for a dip as it was a bit late when I finished at work. The Bedroom was a good size with a Bath centrally located with a skylight above for looking at the stars or lightning strikes! Small shower room & toilet, pretty standard but good pressure from shower. I was pretty much left alone which was fine with me, it was very quiet at night and the bed was at least King size and very comfortable. Only issue was no Iron available in cupboards! I should of rang reception and I'm sure they would have organised me one. Overall for the value for money factor of 30gbp a night you cant go wrong at all. You would be lucky to get a formula 1 in the UK for this price, plastic sheets included ; ) Would stay again no hesitation.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite was very nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business