A few minor problems are hampering total customer satisfaction at this establishment:
1. Why lock the side door of this establishment at 22H00 in the evening? It’s only situated 10 meters from the security gate of hotel. We had to walk around the complete hotel in the absolute pouring rain to get to the hotel. (There are doors leading from the undercover parking directly into the Hotel but these are all locked…)
2. The night Management refuses to silence drunken guests on their balconies at 02H00 in the mornings.
3. The Mall opposite the Hotel closes their gates at 21H00 at night making it almost impossible to get to the Hotel unless you walk about a kilometre in the dark in a almost deserted road, which is not very safe. Even when travelling by car you can only enter the Hotel form one side if this gate is closed. Really unacceptable.
4. Also the Bar and Room service is a nightmare in the evenings. Calls go unanswered, and the food is not very palatable. (This is maybe why we went to other restaurants. The Hotel does not market their restaurant sufficiently to hotel patrons.)
5. I also have no idea at how many “Managers” one should book your accommodation as, we were told on Saturday that we are supposed to leave the hotel even though we confirmed and pre-paid the accommodation for both nights. Luckily this was resolved but it should not have happened in the first place.
6. The overall Check-in and consequent enquiries was handled extremely efficient by a lady called Anel. It could only benefit this hotel and its Management either train their Duty Managers to rival Anel’s abilities or to actually make her part of the Management team.
7. Overall this Hotel has more positives than negatives but unfortunately the negatives are all influencing negatively on what should have been a relaxing weekend.
I do suggest that duty managers are better trained to deal with situations in the absence of the General Manager as none of these problems ever happens whilst the GM are at the Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Centurion - Affordable elegance on the Water's Edge Our Pretoria, South Africa hotel is located in the suburb of Centurion, midway between Johannesburg and Pretoria. We're situated adjacent to the Centurion Mall shopping complex with its variety of restaurants, bars, boutiques, cinemas and banks. This elegant 4-Star Hotel is surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens, complimented by an outdoor pool and lake deck overlooking the Centurion Lake, ideal for sundowners. If it is luxury you are after, the hotel offers 131 standard African themed bedrooms, 44 modern contemporary self-catering suite apartments, 1 additional studio room and 1 VIP presidential suite with a balcony, overlooking the lake. Located on the water's edge is Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Centurion's a la carte restaurant, Emanzini, with its contemporary African atmosphere. The trendy bar and lounge area is the ideal place to come and enjoy a drink after a hard day's work. Our hotel's mantra is to offer exceptional service, style and comfort with the best rates guaranteed. The tranquil location, as well as attention to personal detail, guarantees an experience unmatched by others for both leisure and corporate travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Protea Hotels Pretoria Centurion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Waterfront
- Protea Hotel Centurion