Leriba Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$121
US$53
Travelocity
US$159
TripAdvisor
All reviewshemmingways restaurantbusiness suitefine dininglots of parkingstandard roomother guestscountry feelconference venuecape townconference facilitiesfree wifibeautiful hotelgautrain stationchapterhemingwaygardenherbs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Leriba Lodge and while I was very impressed by the website, I found our stay very average. The hotel is very beautiful and scenic and the staff are lovely and friendly, however, we wanted to order wine and we waited a very long time for the wine, we wanted to use the jacuzzi and the spa but they were closed but these weren't deal breakers. All in all, it is a lovely hotel with great staff but I found the service and food very average.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I stayed at Leriba for a couple of nights and thought it was ok, but expensive when compared to other hotels in the area. Breakfast was also really disappointing.

We had a problem with the TV and with the safe deposit box, and in both cases the response from the hotel was fast and very helpful.

The spa treatments in particular the massages were also wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2013

2 night business trip stay - disappointed in the room specs as the hotel appears a little outdated as opposed to the photos on Tripadvisor.

Unfortunate surprises:
- 51cm 'bulb screen' television
- no face towels in the bath room
- all plugs in my room tripped each time I attempted to iron (not good for business trip/stays)
- not that much of a variety when it comes to the buffet breakfast - pretty much stock standard/your usual suspects

positives:
- staff were extremely friendly and attentive
- convenient location if doing business in or around the Momentum head office in Centurion

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed in the Leriba after recommendation from a colleague. It is a bit remote in Centurion and quite a way to Johannesburg.
The garden is wonderful, the pool as well (although I didn't use it), the restaurant offers a great steak and the room is nice equipped. However, it is quite noisy as some others wrote already in their review. The doors are very thin, so are the windows and you can hear almost everything happening outside your room.
Price is ok for what you get.

If you are sick of being in the big hotels which are always the same, this is a good difference!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I was in room 57 and it backs on a busy highway. The traffic is very noisy. The room smelled musty. I wouldn't stay here again.

Breakfast is a standard hotel buffet.

There is construction going on right now so the grounds are not quiet.

There is no map of the grounds - it is confusing to get around.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY in rooms backing on the highway. I was with a group and we all found it very disruptive.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business