Stayed at thornhill for 3-4 days and really can't say enough nice things about it. All the staff are extremely (and genuinely) friendly and helpful, they have a full list of activities to let you see all aspects of safaris and the bush, the food is excellent and went out of their way to cater for my friend who was vegetarian with no bother, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the thatched roof keeps it the perfect temperature all day (was there in winter so can be hot during the day and cold at night but room always pleasant). There was no aspect of the stay that I would change, highly recommend it for anyone looking for a little oasis to stay in in the middle of the bush
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thornhill Safari Lodge offers an affordable getaway with comfortable rooms and excellent facilities in 13 authentic thatch-roof chalets. Located within the Greater Kruger Park ecosystem - South Africa, a mere 40km from Kruger Park's Orpen gate.We cater for group bookings, individual guests on self drives, fly in safari's and honeymoon couples. Come and enjoy a "Kruger to Canyon" experience which is "More than just a Safari". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, South African Hotels, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Thornhill Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornhill Safari Hotel Hoedspruit
- Thornhill Safari Lodge South Africa/Hoedspruit