“Wow,even better than their website!”

Khaya Ndlovu Manor House
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had pretty high expectations for this property but must say I was blown away with how absolutely beautiful this manor house is, it is actually better than the website photos. The rooms were beautiful, well appointed, and they even put a hot water bottle in the bed to warm the sheets when they did the turn down (how decadent is that)! We had planned on checking in, then heading out to see some sites, we loved this place so much we decided not to leave. Next time I hope to spend more time at this jewel of a place. Great staff, beautiful setting and interiors, resident animals, fabulous food, reasonable drinks. A hidden gem!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mike_KNMH123, Front Office Manager at Khaya Ndlovu Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Evette,

What a beautiful review, thank you so much. We always say that it is lovely to hear that we are able to offer a guest more than they though they would receive.

What a lovely photo of Jessie you also got, she is such a little lady

Reviewed 5 September 2013

My partner and I stopped in for a luxury weekend and that is what we got! That view when you first walk in is unforgettable! We were taken care of from the moment we walked in until we left. I love Jordie the bush buck, he was so cute and the grounds are just beautiful. The Vervet Monkeys woke us up early with all of their playing but that wasn't so bad. Would thoroughly reccommend a vistit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Shirene,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us (even with those little monkeys running around) Jordan is such a treat and he sure is getting bigger by the day

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were scheduled to stay in the cheaper garden suites, but were upgraded into the Manor House as there was space for us. We were greeted upon arrival and made to feel as house guests for the duration of our stay.

Meals were delightful looking out over the watering hole and the bush. Game drive was organized for us into Thornybush and was another great experience, we were able to see the Big 5 in one drive! Very relaxing, be sure to grab a beer on the edge of the infinity pool overlooking wildlife in the watering hole :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brent, it was lovely having you guys with us. The photos you added are great and I am sure they have fond memories attached.

See you again soon for a beer at the pool

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We booked without any Homepages or agencys directly at the Khaya Ndlovu Manor House. They have a great Team which was always available for answering questions and booked everything we wanted to do for us (activities). Everything was arranged without any Problems and it was amazing what Kind of excellent work they did. We had a double room (my daughter and me) and that room was amazing and very comfortable - especially for the african Country. It could easily be a high-class Hotel in europe.
The personal was unbelievable nice and comfortable. Their english was fantastic, so there werent any communication Problems.
The lodge is a great possibility for an exciting Holiday with Family, friends or a romantic stay. Theese People were able to organize everything for their guests. The pool was very clear and clean. The meals were great - most things we already knew cause its european breakfast :-)

We will come again. All theese guys were that fantastic and helped us to have a wonderful stay in south africa. The trips we have made were great and we are all looking Forward to see those guys soon and of course south africa. We have seen the big 5 and touched lions, Gepards, and hippos - one of the hippos we have feeded..... I tell you - this trip has been the best I have ever did in my life.

Thanks - Khaya Ndlovu Team! We will see us very soon!!!!!!

Room Tip: The Manor house was a good decition. Talk to the People at the lodge - they will give you advice wha...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It was so lovely having you and Leoni with us. Like we always say, people arrive as guests and leave as friends.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

What a gem! The setting is spectacular, the rooms are beautiful, the food is great and the host and hostess are delightful. What more could one ask? When I'm too old and feeble to climb aboard safari vehicles, I'll simply spend all of my time at Khaya Ndlovu. We discovered it three years ago and have been every year since. And, each visit has been longer than the last. We love it there and look forward to another visit in just a few days. Lucky me! By the way, it's a wonderful place to get over jet lag if you're traveling a great distance (in our case the U.S.) and heading towards Kruger.

Room Tip: Ask for Dolly's room. That's me and I don't know the room number!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MikeLawrie, General Manager at Khaya Ndlovu Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Dolly S

It feels like I am responding to family. Thank you for your wonderful review.
We so appreciate you guys and cannot wait to see you again, counting the hours

Our Very Best

The Khaya Family

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed at Khaya Ndlovu for a business trip and was treated like royalty. Even though I only arrived at half past nine at night, the staff went out of their way to accommodate me. The whole manor house is beautiful. The breakfast was amazing!! The staff was so friendly and I felt like family. On my way out of the manor house the next morning, I spotted jackals and warthog, just alongside the road and it made my day. I sat on the deck by the pool, to do some work and it was the best office view I have ever had. The four course dinner was prepared perfectly. I will most definitely be returning. In fact, it is so beautiful we are getting married there in August this year.

Room Tip: If you are on a romantic getaway - book a night in the honeymoon suite - it is stunning and comes wi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear TheMrsC_8

It was fantastic having you here, we are looking forward to your wedding.

See You Soon

Best Regards

The Team at Khaya

Reviewed 27 July 2013

It's true, that with a stay at Khaya Ndlovu, you will see the big five of animals. But because this is a review of a lodge, let's focus on another list of five...the big five memories of Khaya Ndlovu that I'd like to share with you today. ONE. The people. After just four nights at the lodge my fiancée and I felt sad to say goodbye to so many endearing people. We exchanged contact information with several, and they kmNow they have friends in Chicago now. TWO. The decor. I am a collector of art, and I cannot say enough about the palette of genre adorning the walls of this lodge. So tasteful. So enchanting. And the mix of African bush themed collections with the rest was seamless. THREE. The grounds. Meandering the lawns of Khaya Ndlovu will bring you in touch with hidden ponds, fragrant gardens, massive trees, thoroughbred horses, and exotic birds. There is an enticing tranquility to it all. FOUR. The food. Top quality fare, breakfast and dinner. We were particularly blown away by the special boma by the fire pit...a candlelit feast of local meats, vegetables and salads beneath a canopy of stars. All the staff was present and partaking in the merriment. FIVE. Attention to detail. Hot water bottle hiding at the foot of the bed on a chilly night? Full tray of a silver tea set brought out to the infinity pool? The list goes on. Listen to me: whether you are a family of six or newlyweds on your honeymoon, you cannot go wrong with Khaya Ndlovu. They are already rated as one of the best and they strive to be THE best. PS- we miss Jordan :).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Eric C,

How can we respond to such an incredible review, it humbles us.

Thank you for such an eloquent description of the experience we strive to provide at Khaya. Thank you for touching on all the essential points : the people - our staff are amazing with such a friendly, professional attitude, the decor - our owner Trevor has had such an interesting life and his generosity in sharing this with all of us is admirable, the grounds - our gardeners are so proud of what they do and are often the unsung heroes in the bigger picture, Ahh the food - Our chefs are all so special to us each one of them a cherished member of the family their hard work and diligence in providing such an excellent dining experience, the attention to detail - this I believe sets us apart and probably the most important part of our management responsibility it is immensely rewarding when it is noticed.

Be assured we are looking very hard for the "turtle" and will get back to you as soon as we have found it, lots of stargazing is taking place...

Eric and Nicole - Thank you from the bottom of our hearts

All the Best

The Khaya Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoedspruit
Kapama River Lodge
#2 of 104 in Hoedspruit
Cheetah Paw Eco Lodge
Cheetah Paw Eco Lodge
#17 of 104 in Hoedspruit

Been to Khaya Ndlovu Manor House? Share your experiences!