“Perfect Holiday”

Khaya Ndlovu Manor House
North Carolina
“Perfect Holiday”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This lodge is the most incredible place to experience. It's the best of all worlds. Do you want to kick back and do absolutely nothing - and receive 5 star service? Then this is the place for you. The food is superb, the staff is amazing, and the facilities are breathtaking. Or perhaps you would like to safari, or explore the surrounding area, or even go on a walkabout? Then this is also the place for you. Most safaris have a very rigid schedule....you must be up by.....you must have breakfast by.....you must depart by.....you will return at..... Not so at the Khaya Ndlovu Manor House! I chose when and where to go, while relying heavily on the beautiful Renel and most incredibly efficient and accommodating Cindy. From the top down and from the bottom up, each and every detail is attended to. Seldom did I need to ask for anything. They pay attention to the smallest of details, and your wishes and desires simply materialize without ever having asked. Amazing. I am a female, solo traveler, and felt that I was visiting with long time friends. Joining other guests for breakfast and dinner was also very nice. They offer various packages, and whatever the charges, it's extremely reasonable. My first class experience began with Renel and Cindy personally picking me up from the nearby airport. They made themselves available at all times, they organized/scheduled/made transportation arrangements for whatever my hearts desires were for the day. No advance notice necessary. Unbelievably accommodating. Oh, did I mention the staff? Again, first class - 5 star service. Whether it's housekeeping, the cooks (fabulous!), Kendrick the guide, or George that takes such good care of all of us - they all work together flawlessly to cater to each and every need/desire that you have. Endearing, each and every one of them. I cannot rate this place high enough. Oh, and I must also highlight the three hour 'African Dream' massage that I experienced on the day of my arrival. Oh My Goodness! Imagine an excellent massage outdoors, overlooking a watering hole, while hearing the sounds of the bush surrounding and enveloping you. WOW! To all the beautiful and lovely people at this lodge that made my experience of a lifetime exceed my wildest dreams, I thank you ALL from the bottom of my heart. And for such an incredible experience. I pray that one day I can return :)

Room Tip: I chose the Leadwood Suite (honeymoon suite). Spacious, spectacular, and absolutely perfect.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Mike_KNMH123, General Manager at Khaya Ndlovu Manor House, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Stacy,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. My staff are wonderful people and they truly go the extra mile to make sure our guests are well taken care of.
You were just a breath of fresh air, you were such an easy guest to please and we came to know yo as family. we were sad to see you leave but truly believe we will have the privilege of seeing you sometime in the near future.

Best Regards
Ronel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed in the Leadwood honeymoon suite. The room was beautiful appointed. The bathroom had a spa bath and separate shower which opened to a private enclosed outside area.
The view from the dining area and pool, was on a waterhole, where the animals came to drink regularly.
Meals and game drives were included.
A very new establishment and well on the way to success.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ronel100, General Manager at Khaya Ndlovu Manor House, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Thereza,

Thank you for your kind words, I have to agree there is no other view quite like ours. The waterhole is so captivating that it is difficult to pull yourself away to go on any outings.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Kind Regards

Ronel & Team
Maputo, Mozambique
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We just loved it! The lodge's underneath concept is to make the visitors happy and they achieve it! What amazed us more, is the house architecture: a sumptuous place, but completely opened to the wonderful garden and bush! There is no real separation between inside and outside. And, of course, having breakfast with wild animals at a mere 50mt from us is something! Finally, the game drives make you feel completely immersed in the bush!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ronel100, General Manager at Khaya Ndlovu Manor House, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Ana,

We appreciate your wonderful review, thank you very much. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is the perfect getaway for those who just want to relax. We try our best to make our guests feel special and relaxed and I am glad to hear we achieved out goal.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Ronel & Team
Essen, Germany
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The house is overwhelming, and all are very friendly. The Location close the mountains near a waterhole is breathtaking.
We stayed in a self-catering unit (didn't use the kitchen) which is quite large and acceptable, but we should have stayed in the house itself.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mike_KNMH123, Front Office Manager at Khaya Ndlovu Manor House, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Hi Klaus,

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay.

The house sure is the best option

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Had an amazing stay. Staff were wonderful and the entire hotel is so stylish. Great game viewing from the pool. Look out for the little in-house bushbuck. Dinner and Breakfast is taken at a communal table which sometimes makes for amazing conversation with fellow house guests (and other times a little bit annoying when those guests are a bit obnoxious).

Absolute superb value for money for what you get.

This hotel is worth a trip on its own.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Hi Wikus,

Glad to hear you enjoyed the sightings from the pool and all we could offer

Hope to see you again soon

Khaya Ndlovu Team
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had a group of 10 people at Khaya Ndlovu. in June. The ages were from , 8 to 80 and everyone loved their stay. The staff works at making everyone feel special. A family of 4 loved the place so much they chose to stay rather than do two of the activities I had planned. I returned one day to find the chef playing tripoly with the two children. I can't say enough about how wonderful this manor house is. The boma dinner they planned was way above expectations. The best I have ever had, and i have been to many as African Safaris are my business.

Room Tip: All the rooms in the hourse are excellent. Their are cottages for those who would like self caterin...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Oh Edi,

It was so lovely having you all with us. I am so glad to hear that you all had a wonderful time with us. It sure was fun to have you all around.

Hope you and your husband are doing well

Khaya Ndlovu staff
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed one night, on recommendation, at this beautiful Manor House while in transit to another lodge further into the Sabi Sands. I wished I could have stayed longer! It is a beautiful home, and the view to the water hole and its frequent animal visitors from the deck overlooking the infinity pool, absolutely breathtaking. The accomodations are luxurious, the staff are very attentive, the food delicious and the grounds well manicured. I was totally relaxed. The game drive with Nicholas was a wonderful learning experience and I saw a few animals that I had not seen on previous drives elsewhere. I also enjoyed meeting and feeding rose petals to the resident Bushbuck, Jordie; he was a delight to see up close. Thank you to Ronel and all the staff for a lovely stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Mike_KNMH123, Front Office Manager at Khaya Ndlovu Manor House, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
What a wonderful treat to hear that our guest loved the service that our staff has offered them, right from the food to the accommodation. And ofcourse not forgetting the entertainment that little Jordan offers.

Hope to see again

Khaya Ndlovu staff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoedspruit
Kapama River Lodge
#2 of 102 in Hoedspruit
Bushriver Lodge
Bushriver Lodge
#5 of 102 in Hoedspruit

Been to Khaya Ndlovu Manor House? Share your experiences!