“Lovely!”
Review of Panzi Bush Camp

and 1 more site!
Panzi Bush Camp
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I really loved this place. Really nice people. You feel at home from the start.
The rooms are very nice. You really feel in Africa.
The nights are very nice with the campfire and braai (bbq).
Definitly coming back to this paradise.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lore D

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was a great experience: friendly people who made us feel at home, the food was really nice and the "outdoor" shower was fantastic!

In the morning we did a bush walk with Piet and he showed us the giraffes, zebras, ...and in the evening they brought us to a viewpoint where we could enjoy an amazing sunset.

We had a great time in Panzi Bush Camp!

Room Tip: There is free WiFi in the central area.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bjorn C
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It was an amazing expercience.
The service was perfect, the food to good to be true, the people really friendly and the rooms ...wauw!
It's a real african expercience.
Thanx!! Hope that i can come back one day!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lieke W
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Very nice staff, they make you feel very welcome. The food was very good, and plenty, and the accomodation is very nice with outdoor shower and toilet, overlooking the bush. We spend two days here and visited the kruger park. That's about an houre drive. There is very good WiFi signal in central area, free of charge. And a nice swimmingpool. There are great oppertunities for a bush walk with ranger. We saw girafs, zebra's, impala's etc. We had a very good time in Panzi Bush camp!! Would stay here again if I go to South Africa!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Annebel D
Reviewed 5 September 2013

What a great way to start your bushveld experience.One night is not enough! The communual area with comfy sofas and inviting bar area lend themselves to getting to know your fellow guests. Bev,John and Glynn make very sure that you are well looked after and Sally,the dog, (if she takes a shine to you) will keep you throwing the same stone for her to retrieve until she feels she has had enough. KittyCat will tolorate the resident African Wild Cat but only if he keeps his distance. The Bushbuck eat fruit right out of your hands.
Shower while looking out into the bush and if you are lucky, a Kudu or Zebra might walk past.
As Arnie says: WE WILL BE BACK!
Chris and Margie Lee, Centurion.South Africa

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margarete L
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I wanted our family to have an experience of staying in the bush and we got it here and didn't want to leave.only stayed two nights but in that time enjoyed getting to know our hosts (who were friendly but did not press themselves on us) came up close to the wildlife- especially the tree frog, bush buck and wild cat, and giraffes at the viewing platform-and slept to sounds of the bush.the food was fresh and delicious, the stars at night amazing. We would have liked to have had more time to just relaxand enjoy the camp. Had a good day into Kruger while we were there.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This delightful little reserve is not nearly as well known and appreciated as it should be. Its charming little A-frame chalets are spaced for total privacy along a series of boardwalks which radiate up from the thatch-roofed dining area and pool along the creek. The boardwalks are well lighted at night. My chalet was serviced every day and kept clean and tidy for me.

At the end of one boardwalk, a viewing platform rises up about fifteen feet to give you a view of a waterhole, and you can open a chest to pull out comfortable canvas chairs if you want to settle in for a long watch. From the platform I saw magnificent kudu bucks, impalas, duikers (a tiny antelope), bushbucks, and numerous birds (hamerkop, kingfisher, and many others) come to drink and bathe.

Wildlife is everywhere. Bushbuck does and their fawns wander the grounds. A porcupine makes its home right behind the kitchen and sometimes wanders into the office. I saw vervet monkeys from my breakfast table.

The camp is run by Bev & John and their son Glynn, who, as a former guide and ranger, conducts top-notch bush walks if you ask. I went with him on two, and we approached within twenty feet of feeding giraffes. We spotted eland, zebras, and bushbucks at greater distances, and discovered two leopard kills ~ a zebra and an ostrich ~ with only bones and feathers left behind. Glynn will know the answers to most of your questions, and if he doesn't know he will find out for you.

I stayed four days, just hanging around photographing and sketching, but most people who visit use it as a base camp to go out on game drives in nearby Kruger National Park, make visits to spectacular Blyde River Canyon, or visit interesting places like the Shangana Cultural Village (all places I went ~ and recommend).

My chalet was very comfortable, with a fan and two twin beds with mosquito netting (didn't need the fan or netting in August), and a little bathroom with sink, toilet and open-air shower ~ it was fun to soap up with a view out into the trees (totally private). I often sat out on the little deck in front to read, watch for birds or draw. In the tree by my door, brilliant yellow orchids were blooming.

During the night I could hear hyenas whooping and zebras yipping, plus hippos grunting and lions roaring from outside the reserve ~ but the noises weren't really close and didn't keep me awake. Except for one baboon which woke me up with a loud "WAH!"

Lastly, the cooking, all done by Bev and John, was superb and presented as beautifully as any top-notch restaurant. Glynn is funny and knowledgeable and often dines with the guests, so we always had an expert to bounce questions off or help us decide what to do the next day. Hot drinks ~ coffee and various teas ~ are available all day long.

This was as close to a perfect stay as I can imagine. I hope I can return next year. Many thanks to Glynn, Bev, and John for making my stay there the highlight of my South Africa trip.

Room Tip: I was glad I chose the room closest to the viewing platform, with easy access for dawn and dusk view...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo