My wife and I spent 4 wonderful days and nights at Camp Jabulani. From the time we were met at the Hoedspruit airport by our guide/ranger Ruan, to our departure, our experience was fantastic. The daily game drives were exciting with many sightings of the Big Five. We also visited the Endangered Species Center, which is a must if you plan to stay at Camp Jabulani. Our private suite (one of only 6) was perfect... roomy and very comfortable with a private pool, lounging deck and well stocked mini-bar. We chose to have lunch on our deck one afternoon, which was very special. But most of all, we will never forget our experience with the elephants... we experienced two elephant safaris; one at night and one in the afternoon. Both were wonderful, something we will never forget. I was able to ride the famous "Jabulani", who's majestic presence and demeanor is synonymous with the camp's namesake. Getting close to these animals and getting to know them was a dream come true. Our visit to the stables along with our daily visits to the watering hole to watch them play, roll in the mud and just be themselves was extraordinary!
Our thanks to Ruan, Henk, Kate, Andre, Shedrick and ALL for making our stay an exceptional experience! We will return, I'm sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camp Jabulani, a family-owned private safari lodge, is guaranteed to offer first class accommodation, cuisine, facilities and personalised service. But its most notable feature is the herd of trained African elephants, which were rescued by the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre. Over and above its once-in-a-lifetime close-up and personal elephant interaction experience, guests are also able to join experienced rangers in safari vehicles as they head out in search of The Big 5, and the smaller creatures that are part of an African Safari; visits to the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre or simple relaxation around the camp or in the "Bush Spa". The exclusive Zindoga Villa is ideally suited to family travellers, or the client who prefers a more private, luxury experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Camp Jabulani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camp Jabulani Hotel Hoedspruit
- Camp Jabulani South Africa/Hoedspruit