We have recently returned from South Africa and cannot stop raving about our new safari find. Camp Jabulani, near Kruger National Park, seamlessly combined beautifully appointed private suites, fantastic food, perfect service, and incredible wildlife viewing for a phenomenal safari experience.
The suites were very large and absolutely beautiful. The furnishings were of the highest quality and created the perfect retreat at the end of the day. The camp was designed so that every suite feels completely private but you are very close to the main lodge.
We love great food. So, while preparing to visit South Africa, we researched dining options extensively. While in Cape Town, we had the opportunity to dine at three of the Top Ten 2006 Johnnie Walker award-winning restaurants in South Africa. We were completely disappointed with all three restaurants. Upon arriving at Camp Jabulani, we were blown away by the quality of the meals…just superb and exponentially surpassed our experiences at the other “Top Ten” restaurants in South Africa. The meals were beautifully prepared but more importantly…delicious. With no hesitation, these were the best meals of our South African vacation. The executive chef, Rudolf van den Berg, is extremely talented and very friendly too.
As you can see from some of the pictures, the wildlife viewing was terrific. We had the opportunity to get close to animals for great photos. With that being said, there is no need to worry and you will feel completely safe. Also, the elephant back safari was one of the most amazing experiences of our lives.
The staff was amazing. The service was comparable to other luxury 5 star properties…just better. The staff was completely professional but personable as well. There was a complete lack of pretentiousness which can be prevalent at other lodgings of this stature.
We did not want to leave and cannot wait to return to this exquisite property. This is the new standard by which all of our future lodging stays will be compared. With no hesitation, this was the most memorable vacation of our lives. Thank you to the Camp Jabulani staff for creating memories that will last a lifetime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camp Jabulani, a family-owned private safari lodge, is guaranteed to offer first class accommodation, cuisine, facilities and personalised service. But its most notable feature is the herd of trained African elephants, which were rescued by the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre. Over and above its once-in-a-lifetime close-up and personal elephant interaction experience, guests are also able to join experienced rangers in safari vehicles as they head out in search of The Big 5, and the smaller creatures that are part of an African Safari; visits to the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre or simple relaxation around the camp or in the "Bush Spa". The exclusive Zindoga Villa is ideally suited to family travellers, or the client who prefers a more private, luxury experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Camp Jabulani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camp Jabulani Hotel Hoedspruit
- Camp Jabulani South Africa/Hoedspruit