Our 1st trip to South Africa- and this far exceeded our expectations!!! We stayed 3 nights, went on 6 drives, and can't believe what we saw! Our ranger Derrick and tracker Nicolas were the best....we saw every animal we wanted to see, and much more than we expected. Lions mating, leopard cubs and their mom feeding on a recent kill, elephants, rhinos, hippos, cheetahs, giraffes, zebras, cape buffalo, impala, kudu, monkeys, and, oh yes, those darned baboons! We were amazed at how close we were to the animals- and the fabulous photos we have.
From Francois picking us up at the airport, to our friendly greeting upon arrival by Caroline, the service and food from Edward and his staff and chefs: everything was top notch. I can't recommend Makalali enough- thank you all so much for making this the trip of a lifetime!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makalali Private Game Lodge is a 4 star graded luxury safari lodge situated on a 26000 hectre private game reserve in the Limpopo Province of South Africa. The lodge consists of 3 camps with 6 rooms per camp. Nestled on the banks of a river one can often view animals in and around the camps. Makalali Private Game Lodge offers game drive twice a day to guests which is included in the rate of accommodation. The reserve is home to the big 5 as well as cheetah and wild dog and a number of other plains game and mammals. Over 250 species of birds have been recorded on the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Makalali Private Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makalali Private Game Hotel Hoedspruit
- Makalali Private Game Lodge South Africa/Hoedspruit