“happy guest”

Alpine Heath Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jagersrust
“happy guest”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

nice place perfect holiday resorts especial for kids, activities are perfect wish i can be there long time but due to short weekends I would also would like to thank staff for being kind to guests. braai area maybe must be kind indoors especial in winter maybe covered place. golf car will be perfect to have maybe to hire to expire the whole resorts

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Peter-Behrens, Front Office Manager at Alpine Heath Resort, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Good day

Thank you very much for taking the necessary time to give us your feedback in regards to your experience during your recent visit to Three Cities Alpine Heath Resort.

We are pleased to hear you and your family had such a great time while enjoying the various indoor and outdoor facilities we have to offer for both young and old.

I have forward you suggestion in regards to the enclosed braai area and golf cart to senior management for their consideration.

We do hope to see you and your family soon back again - and yes, hopefully for longer than just a weekend.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Centurion, South Africa
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My family an I were looking forward to a lovely weekend away, at Alpine Heath. On our way, 23km from the resort at 6pm, we had an unfortunate incident, of a double puncture. With the cold winter chill, and evening setting in I quickly called the resort, knowing a resort as big as this would definitely assist!! To my absolute horror an shock I was told that they unfortunately can't an have no vehicles on their premises. Really? Your guest is stranded with 2 little kids and you can do nothing? The irony is the neighboring resort Little Switzerland, and an angel called Diven Swanepoel, went beyond the call of duty, transported us to Alpine Heath, helped with our vehicle and his concern for my families safety was just amazing. Sadly we have paid in full, wish I could swap to Little Switzerland. Diven even brought the incident to the manager on duty at Alpine Heath in the hope that it was not raised, there was no remorse, no compassion....in fact not even...." We so sorry we couldn't help". Never staying here again!!!!

4 Thank Yashina2014
AlpineHeath, General Manager at Alpine Heath Resort, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Yashina2014

Many thanks for your feedback. Feedback both positive and negative assists us in continuously monitoring our service.

I have investigated the issue you raised in your review; and would like to sincerely apologise to you for the misunderstanding. Our guests comfort and safety is definitely a primary concern of ours and our team are often equally committed to attending to a guest in need.

Due to the fact that it was a double puncture and that you would require more than one tyre, my team incorrectly prioritised getting a tow truck service through to you in the evening in order to have your car safely towed to a point of safety; so that we could assist you in the morning in terms of having your tyres repaired. I have pulled the telephone records from our in house system and it appears that within 5 minutes whilst we were making arrangements to get your car towed; your husband had already made alternative plans with a neighbouring resort. My team informed me that when they called you to provide a status feedback and make further arrangements you advised them that your Husband had already made alternative arrangements.

I concede that in this instance your needs were not prioritised correctly, and I for that I truly apologise. I would like to assure you that my team have been briefed in terms of handling a similar situation more proficiently in the future.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies, with regards to the way your time of need was handled.

Yours sincerely.

Ernst-Jan Hiltemann
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It was a great experience! The kids loved all the activities and never stood still the whole time we were there. The staff looked after the children if they were their own. My wife and i loved all the relaxing time and awesome cuizine on offer.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Peter-Behrens, Front Office Manager at Alpine Heath Resort, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Good day

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate and write a review about our Resort. We greatly appreciate all feedback from all our guest in order for us to improve our services and various activities.

We are glad to hear you had such a great experience during your recent stay as well as enjoyed the various indoor and outdoor activities we have to offer for both children and adults alike.

In the same token we are happy to hear you enjoyed the food at our various restaurants as well.

We hope to see you and your family soon again at one of Three Cities Exceptional Resorts.

Regards
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was my first visit to the berg. Finding the resort, travelling from Durban, was fairly simple. Upon arrival we met with an extremely friendly and well spoken security guard who directed us to reception. We waited for a bit before being attended to at reception (and later i had another experience where i felt those working at reception need a bit of reprimanding cz first impressions are usually made at reception). With the exception of the shabby sofas that require reupholstering, the mould visible on our room wall, and the cotton pillows that urgently need replacing our self catering chalet was fairly neat and cozy. The towels and linen were plush and to my liking. Our room had an en-suite bathroom (although i do wish it had a bath tub). Mini toiletries (excl. toothpaste) were provided and tea and coffee were available. The chalet was cleaned daily (which was brilliant cz with all the activities to do there was no time or energy to spend on cleaning). My favourite feature was the fire place, but I thought it could have been better situated, as we sat in front of it enjoying its warmth and glow whilst roasting marshmallows and drinking a hot beverage. The resort itself is only 12 years old, and in general has a touch of old world charm, made even more intriguing by the Ghost Tour hosted by the Alpine Team. There was much to do with the resort catering for all with its many and varied activities and for me this is what made Alpine Heath unique. We went on guided hikes (our guides were excellent wish i had written down their names so i could give them special mention), although i do feel being off peak season this could have allowed for a little more personalised tours. I would think that one of the reasons (in our case the main reason) people visit the berg is because it is a world heritage site. The bushman rock paintings are the reason for the berg being given this prestigious status and so i expected a little more emphasis to be placed on this, so in this regard i was a little disappointed (particularly with reception failing to attend to my requests from the beginning). There were no children with us but I would definitely recommend this resort for families as children are kept fully occupied with a fun-packed entertainment programme at the Kids Zone. My husband and I went horse riding, and were joined by our frnds who had accompanied us on this holiday, it was something we always intended on doing but never got done, the rides were fairly priced, and for my husband this was his favorite part of our trip. Tnx to (i think it his name is) Sifiso for being such a good teacher, because of his assistance my husband has developed a love for horses and horse riding. The guide i went with wasn't very helpful, my foot was hanging freely, being beginners we should have been given a short tutorial/practice run on flat open land before going on the outback. We also went cycling, played putt - putt, squash, tennis table, and tennis. The pools looked inviting but it was too cold, a heated pool would have been preferred. We sang karaoke, danced and listened to good music. With all the activities, it can take a toll on the body so i would suggest one take a moment to be spoilt at the spa. The spa should look into couples massages and promotions in that regard. Unfortunately we didn't get to make use of the spas services as we intended on booking for our last night and they were fully booked so my tip would be to book in advance. The food wasn't halaal and i wouldn't really classify it as halaal friendly either so we didn't try anything. But we had intended on using the fresh food market, i had pictured stalls where locals sold fresh produce, fresh milk, handmade crafts and other goods but it was a general goods store that sold stale rolls. With the exception of the few minor issues it is definitely a place that i would return to be it just my husband and i, or with family or frnds, or as a team building adventure with work mates. I would most certainly recommend a visit to the Three Cities Alpine Heath Resort, Northern Drakensberg. (p.s. If you are coming from Durban and expecting it to snow chances are you will be more likely to find it snowing in the Southern Drakensberg, near Mooi River, etc... Nonetheless the resort is surrounded by a picturesque background that is absolutely breath taking all year round).

Room Tip: Request a chalet closest to the reception area. There are many activities that happen throughout the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter-Behrens, Manager at Alpine Heath Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Good day

Thank you very much for your good rating for Three Cities Alpine Heat Resort on Tripvisor.

As well as, thank you for your input both positive and negative. We do appreciate all feedback from our guest as part of an ongoing process to improve our Resort in general as well as the various services and activities we offer.

I am sorry to hear you did not find Reception staff as warm and welcoming as the rest of our staff. I will personally look into the matter, since it is a point of concern and urgency.

We are in the process to replace all the sofas in all the units due to a defect in the fabric. Up to date we have replaced the sofas in 52 units and the rest of units will have new sofas by the end of July ’14. In regards to the pillows in the units, we have placed the order for 200 new ones and await delivery.

Furthermore I have forward your comments to the various other departments for the respective managers to look into the various aspects you mentioned.

Overall we are very glad you enjoyed your stay at our Resort and hope to see you soon again at one of Three Cities Exceptional Resort.

Regards
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had an awesome time at Alpine heath resort. there are fun activities during tea breaks were great, with great facilitates. if you are looking for beautiful and peaceful place for holiday or conference, than Alpine heath resort is it. Great entertainment, food and good view of nature with fun activities to do.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank malise r
Peter-Behrens, Manager at Alpine Heath Resort, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Good day

Thank you very much for your great review about our Resort.

We are very pleased that you had such a good time during your stay with our wide range of indoor and outdoor activities aimed at pleasing the whole family. Although you joined us during one of your conferences we are glad to hear you enjoyed our conference facilities and all the amenities included in the package.

We are looking forward to receive you back again in the near future.

Best regards
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a good, fun experience at Alpine Heath Resort. The chalet was clean but the bathrooms need to be updated. Mixers should be installed. There were no irons available on request. There are very limited crockery and cutlery for a six sleeper apartment. The birds in the ceiling make a terrible noise.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Peter-Behrens, Manager at Alpine Heath Resort, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Three Cities Alpine Heath Resort.

Both positive and negative responses assist us to improve our services and ensure each guests have an exceptional experience when visiting us.

We are in the process to ensure all our unit's operating equipment in the fully equipped kitchens are up to standard for the six people it host. We do provide laundry service to our guests and can be arranged with our Housekeeping department via Reception.

I have also forwarded your comment about the birds in the ceiling to our maintenance manager to attend to the matter.

We hope to see you soon again at one of Three Cities Exceptional Resort.
Verulam
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a great time at Alpine Heath. The facilities were very good, entertainment great and the view amazing. Our unit was neat and cosy. Staff were friendly and service very good. Would definitely be booking again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AHFOmanager, Manager at Alpine Heath Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback on your recent visit to Three Cities Alpine Heath Resort.

We are pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in one of our self-catering units and found it both clean and comfortable. Yes we are fortunate to be situated in a prime spot of the northern berg with scenic views and are pleased that you and your family managed to enjoy it as well.

We hope to see you soon again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jagersrust
Mont Aux Sources Hotel
Drakensberg Mountain Retreat
Ezulwini Berg Resort
Ezulwini Berg Resort
#3 of 4 in Jagersrust

Been to Alpine Heath Resort? Share your experiences!