“My stay at Marc's Treehouse Lodge”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kruger National Park
Marc's Treehouse Lodge
Hoedspruit, South Africa
“My stay at Marc's Treehouse Lodge”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I am staying at Marc's Treehouse at the moment and I am more than impressed with everything about it. The staff are so, so lovely, willing to help, friendly, smiley and warm. The rooms are clean and tidy and people are always around to help with anything that you need.

The trips are well organised and the staff ensure that everybody knows what they are doing and at what time the night before over dinner. The food is fantastic, authentic, tasty and offers a range of alternatives for different tastes.

I am very pleased with my stay here and would highly recommend it :)

Stay at Marc's and enjoy Africa at its best!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ScubaChan1984
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Marc's Treehouse Lodge, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Hi Chan

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - even while you at the Treehouse Lodge !
We are pleased to know that you are very pleased with the experience and that the staff are really doing their best to make you so happy. Good to see that the food is to your liking as well.It is always great to enjoy authentic meals when visiting a new country.
We are pleased that you found the treehouse accommodation clean and comfortable and that your group of 5 are happy with the organisational side of the safari.

We thank you for the review.

Piero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I travelled in a group of 5 people and we were extremely pleased with the camp and the friendly staff. The organisation was very good and meals were tasty. I loved the surroundings and the fact that you felt like you were in the heart of the bush with many wild animals that wandered around. I would recommend Marc's camp to anyone. ;-)

Room Tip: All about the Treehouses
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Hi,

I stayed there 3 nights with my boyfriend. the place is great, it was by the river and very nice. Even though the weather outside wasn't very warm, it was perfect inside (and I tend to be very cold during the night so it means something).

Food is excellent, staff member are lovely and helpful, Guides are very knowledgeable, very friendly. I would highly recommend it.

In term of game viewing, it was good. We had poor weather the day we went to the Kruger and we managed to go back the day after. We saw 4 of the big 5 !
Again, I would recommend a safari with Viva Safari, and staying in the tree house add something more to the stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Marc's Treehouse Lodge, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Hi Camille

Thanks for taking the time to write a great review !

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the treehouses. Great to hear that the food was good,the camp staff friendly and the guides knowledgeable.
Pity about the cold weather, but we see that you are very resourceful, bringing the boyfriend along to keep you warm.

I hope that you come again and next time see the missing member of the Big Five.

General Manager, Viva Safaris
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed at marc's tree house lodge for three nights, the service was good and the staff, Thalita and co were very friendly. I got great memories about our staying there. We were in an amazing treehouse and the guides had a lot of knowledge which made it so interesting.
We even had a unique experience that monkeys broke in to our treehouse while we were at the kruger park. Happily nothing was gone and we got a new treehouse right away!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
phalaborwa
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at marc's tree house lodge three nights, the service was good and staff was very nice pretty and thalitha were very kind and helpfull. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the are all kinds of antelopes i loved the giraffe, who ever came up with the ideai of putting a wifi had had a very good ideai, we went to bed late while having beers and being on social network. I enjoyed the drive to kruger with patrick I only saw four of the big five,im hopping to see a leapard when i come back.

• Stayed November 2013
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Marc's Treehouse Lodge, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hi there

Thanks for a very good review. We are pleased that you had such a good time. It is very exciting to be immersed among the animals with no fences !
I am pleased that you enjoyed the use of WIFI while relaxing with a few beers. All our guests are very happy that we have WIFI both at Marc's Treehouses and Tremisana Lodge.
Pity about the leopard - they really are the most difficult of the Big Five to see. Anyway you are always welcome to join us another time and, who knows, maybe you will get lucky.
General Manager, Viva Safaris
Ostersund, Sweden
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have such mixed feeling about this stay. I don't quite know what to wright, because on one hand, this was so AMAZING. But on the other hand, I've never been so scared in my life. The staff was so friendly, and we stayed up late both nights with them and the others who were staying there, sitting by the fire, telling stories, drinking beer and laughing. The huts was cosy, right in the heart of the bush with wild animals such as antilopes, cheetas, buffalos and rhinos in the area. But, that was also the thing that made me (and my boyfriend, who usually never gets scared about spiders etc.) so scared; the animals. They told stories about phytons killing antlopes right in front of them, lions launching at them and other scary stories about animals wich is their everyday life, but is scary to us. We had a BIG tarantula-like spider in our hut, rats running around over our bed and the river right outside where various dangerous animals could be. So, we did not get that much sleep during our stay haha, because of all the disgusting bugs and spiders that got in our room. You have to be smart aswell, even the smallest animals could be dangerous to you. It IS Africa, after all. But, it's so charming at the same time. The "breakfast-dock" was amazing, so cosy!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Exeter
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful and very special place. The staff are warm, welcoming and full of African humour! Accommodation is rustic to say the least and be prepared for small furry friends in your tree house! Then there's the spiders, reptiles and big animals roaming the grounds! Dinner is taken together and a tasty friendly affair.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 15 in Klaserie Private Game Reserve
nThambo Tree Camp
nThambo Tree Camp
#3 of 15 in Klaserie Private Game Reserve

Been to Marc's Treehouse Lodge? Share your experiences!