“Great location and excellent staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kruger National Park
Marc's Treehouse Lodge
Beira, Mozambique
“Great location and excellent staff”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had a fantastic two nights at the lodge. The educational early morning bush walks perfectly complemented game drives during the day. The accommodation was comfortable and the food was good, but I was most impressed by the warm and welcoming guides and staff. In particular, our hostess, Pretty, was a very amiable and charming young lady with the warmest smile this side of the Limpopo. Marry me Pretty!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Sitges, Spain
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I've been at Marc's Treehouse Lodge for 3nights since I bought the 5days safari package, spending the 1st night at the Tremisana Lodge.
The Treehouse Lodge is not bad itself. It's completely absorbed in the nature, and you can see wild animals right outside your door.
Some negative points: the staff wasn't helpful at all since they weren't there to help with the bags (and I said in advance I needed some help, and they said it was totally fine); plus the food was ok since they did have meat and not only pap, but the menu was just the same every 2nd day. The breakfast was quite poor, no hot milk and the eggs were just the way they cooked it, you had no choice...take it or leave it.
Then at one day 2guys were supposed to go on a early morning walk, but their guide didn't show up...not cool nor professional at all.

So I must say the lodge itself is nice and surrounded by the wild nature, but the whole organization is a big mess.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura P
VivaSafaris, Manager at Marc's Treehouse Lodge, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Hi

I am the manager of Marcs Treehouse Lodge.

I am very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

We are very upset because all the previous reviews praised the staff and complimented us on the tasty food.

The staff inform me that they werre availble to assist with carrying your luggage. I am not sure where the mixup happened.

As far as the breakfast goes, we offer cereals, fruit salad, eggs and bacon/sausages, toast, scones jam and marmalade and tea and coffee.
. we alternatye the hot course with scrambled eggs and bacon one day and bolied eggs and sausages the next day.

As far as the missed bush walk goes, you have been completely misinformed. The walk tpook place on 1 January 2014 and Isaac our guide arrived on time at 06h45. Some guests werre not there and Isaac went to call them. They said they were tired. They had seen the new year in. They eventally arrived at 07h30 by which time the bush walk with the other guests had been completed.

We apologise for the poor experience you had.

Ronald Masango
Camp Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We had a fantastic time at the tree house - the setting is idilic (tthe pictures don't do it justice) and is right in the heart of the bush so wild animal living around you... A true safari experience! The staff, Pretty the manager especially, were really friendly and helpful and the guides were amazingly knowledgable - particularly Elvis and Bugani
We planned a 3 day trip and ended up staying am extra day... Stay as long as you can. It was an experience of a lifetime. Wish we were still there!
Chloe

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Marc's Treehouse Lodge, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Hi Anthony

Thanks for taking time to write such a splendid review.

I am very pleased that you had such a fabulous time. Good to hear that you were happy with both the camp staff and the tourist guides.

It was good to see that you extended your safari by another day - testimony that you were having a good time !

Again I thank you for the great review.

General manager
Viva Safaris
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The sheer beauty and rustic atmosphere of this camp was so instumental in making my entire South African Journey one of the best of my life. If you want to get down with nature and all it has to offer, including impala grazing ourside your lodgings and monkeys playing on your front porch, this is the place to go for a great adventure. The food is so simple (and of course local) but so delicious. The daily agendas were well organized. The staff was friendly and accommodating with no other motives than to make sure their guests were comfortable and happy. You were living in the bush for a few days and wondering if you could do this forever.

Anthony Sclafani
Retired NYC Teacher

1 Thank Sclif1255
Hi Anthony

Thanks for a WONDERFUL review. I am glad that you found our camp also WONDERFUL.
I am especially pleased that you say that your stay with us made your entire S A journey " one of the best of your life." Wow ! That is some statement !

I am also very pleased that you were happy with the food and staff.

You are always welcome to return for another WONDERFUL experience, WONDERFUL time.

General Manager, Viva Safaris
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I love the treehouse there which is an amazing experience. My house was built on a great tree and there is a balcony facing a river. The room is clean and comfortable. You can experience a shower in a small hut near the natural environment. The house is especially great to those who love to have close touch with insects, monkeys,and other creatures and plants in the forest. Staff are very nice and helpful. I enjoy the dinner which is very delicious.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the tree!
1 Thank Siuman_Cheung
Hi

We are sorry to read your review.
We are especailly concerned because all the previous reviews for January and last December praise the staff and describe the food as tasty.

In answer to your complaints, my staff report that they were available to assist with helping carry your luggage. I do not understand where the miscommunnication happened.
As far as the breakfast goes we have cereals, fruit salad, eggs and bacon/sausages, toast and jams and tea and coffee. We alternate scrambled eggs with bacon one day and bolied eggs with sausages the next day.

As for the missed bush walk , you are completely misinformed. The walk took place on 1 january and our guide Isaac reported on duty at 05h45. The clients were not there so he went to awaken them but bhey were too tired as they had seen the new year in. They eventuallu arrived at 07h30 by which time the walk with the other guests had been concluded and it was time for breakfast.

We apologise for the poor experience you had.

Ronald Masango
Camp Manager
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I am staying at Marc's Treehouse at the moment and I am more than impressed with everything about it. The staff are so, so lovely, willing to help, friendly, smiley and warm. The rooms are clean and tidy and people are always around to help with anything that you need.

The trips are well organised and the staff ensure that everybody knows what they are doing and at what time the night before over dinner. The food is fantastic, authentic, tasty and offers a range of alternatives for different tastes.

I am very pleased with my stay here and would highly recommend it :)

Stay at Marc's and enjoy Africa at its best!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ScubaChan1984
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Marc's Treehouse Lodge, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Hi Chan

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - even while you at the Treehouse Lodge !
We are pleased to know that you are very pleased with the experience and that the staff are really doing their best to make you so happy. Good to see that the food is to your liking as well.It is always great to enjoy authentic meals when visiting a new country.
We are pleased that you found the treehouse accommodation clean and comfortable and that your group of 5 are happy with the organisational side of the safari.

We thank you for the review.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I travelled in a group of 5 people and we were extremely pleased with the camp and the friendly staff. The organisation was very good and meals were tasty. I loved the surroundings and the fact that you felt like you were in the heart of the bush with many wild animals that wandered around. I would recommend Marc's camp to anyone. ;-)

Room Tip: All about the Treehouses
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 19 in Balule Nature Reserve
Lion Tree Top Lodge
Lion Tree Top Lodge
#19 of 102 in Hoedspruit

Been to Marc's Treehouse Lodge? Share your experiences!