“Would do it all again given the chance!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kruger National Park
Marc's Treehouse Lodge
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A friend and I stayed at Marc's Treehouse Lodge and we both thoroughly enjoyed our time there. It went far too quickly. The atmosphere, the staff, the hostess, the wildlife and more, were all wonderful. Beds were comfortable. Tents were clean and there were plugs in the tents to charge up camera's and phones. It was too cold in May to be using the swimming pool, but it looked lovely for those hot summers days. All in all, we had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lydia B

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights, having stayed one night at Tremisana Lodge as part of a Viva Safaris 4-day safari package. The hostess/manager of the property, Pretty, was incredibly kind and warm and really made a lovely first impression.

When we first drove in, there was an "Adventure Camp" that we passed as part of the property, and it looked overgrown and underused. The main "lobby" area is set deep into the property and has a pool and a couple of dining areas - all of these were well-maintained and comfortable. There was also free wifi, which was a nice surprise in the bush! The tents are a good 8 minute walk from the main areas, which was less than idea. It has a dimly lit pathway at night, although the electricity is spotty, so BE SURE to bring a flashlight! When we were led to our accommodations, Pretty mentioned that the bathrooms had been cleaned that day, but it seemed the monkeys had been playing in the showers, so it was all a bit gross again. She also warned about the buffalo and leopards, which added to my fear a bit, of camping ALONE on a game reserve. Even though I was in a tent, it had lights, a fan and outlets, so I was able to charge my camera batteries. However, the first night, the electricity went out before midnight, so it was quite hot and uncomfortable. In the morning from about 6-7am, it was in and out about every 5-10 minutes. The second night it was on the entire time, and I slept much better.

The food they served for dinner and breakfast was plentiful and delicious. The second night, however, they ran out of bottled water to purchase, as they did not receive the delivery that day.

Thanks again to Pretty for being a lovely, helpful hostess and making my visit pleasant!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed 2 nights in the Treehouse lodge in January 2014. During my trip I did a day trip around Kruger park and a morning bushwalk. The staff at the lodge were nice and helpful. They gave us plenty of food for our busy days. The guides were very good in getting us close to the wildlife Highly recommended!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

What a thrill it was to stay here! I got to live out my childhood fantasies of staying in a treehouse. Mine was right on the river bank with a balcony and chairs overlooking the water.

Exciting too is the thought that just outside the twigged walls of the cabin is wildest Africa. I slept most comfortably under the mozzie net cocooning the bed. I definately heard some wild cat calls close to my treehouse, fortunately after we had returned from a late night swim.

Adorable, was a baby Nyala huddling under the plants next to the pool area. The walk back to one's room is exhilirating to say the least as we found fresh animal spoor in the mud, and they were big footprints too!

For someone who isn't exactly big on red meat, let alone game meat, I was absolutely delighted by the Nyala stew served at dinner time. Beers were affordable and plentiful.

Still trying to convince myself that the large, flat, fast moving reptile on the rocks when I went for an early morning walk next to the river, wasn't a crocodile! # grown man running fast!

Remember to pack your courage as this place rocks with adrenaline!

Room Tip: Ask for a treehouse closest to the river, the flowing water is so relaxing!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had a fantastic two nights at the lodge. The educational early morning bush walks perfectly complemented game drives during the day. The accommodation was comfortable and the food was good, but I was most impressed by the warm and welcoming guides and staff. In particular, our hostess, Pretty, was a very amiable and charming young lady with the warmest smile this side of the Limpopo. Marry me Pretty!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I've been at Marc's Treehouse Lodge for 3nights since I bought the 5days safari package, spending the 1st night at the Tremisana Lodge.
The Treehouse Lodge is not bad itself. It's completely absorbed in the nature, and you can see wild animals right outside your door.
Some negative points: the staff wasn't helpful at all since they weren't there to help with the bags (and I said in advance I needed some help, and they said it was totally fine); plus the food was ok since they did have meat and not only pap, but the menu was just the same every 2nd day. The breakfast was quite poor, no hot milk and the eggs were just the way they cooked it, you had no choice...take it or leave it.
Then at one day 2guys were supposed to go on a early morning walk, but their guide didn't show up...not cool nor professional at all.

So I must say the lodge itself is nice and surrounded by the wild nature, but the whole organization is a big mess.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura P
VivaSafaris, Manager at Marc's Treehouse Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Hi

I am the manager of Marcs Treehouse Lodge.

I am very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

We are very upset because all the previous reviews praised the staff and complimented us on the tasty food.

The staff inform me that they werre availble to assist with carrying your luggage. I am not sure where the mixup happened.

As far as the breakfast goes, we offer cereals, fruit salad, eggs and bacon/sausages, toast, scones jam and marmalade and tea and coffee.
. we alternatye the hot course with scrambled eggs and bacon one day and bolied eggs and sausages the next day.

As far as the missed bush walk goes, you have been completely misinformed. The walk tpook place on 1 January 2014 and Isaac our guide arrived on time at 06h45. Some guests werre not there and Isaac went to call them. They said they were tired. They had seen the new year in. They eventally arrived at 07h30 by which time the bush walk with the other guests had been completed.

We apologise for the poor experience you had.

Ronald Masango
Camp Manager

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We had a fantastic time at the tree house - the setting is idilic (tthe pictures don't do it justice) and is right in the heart of the bush so wild animal living around you... A true safari experience! The staff, Pretty the manager especially, were really friendly and helpful and the guides were amazingly knowledgable - particularly Elvis and Bugani
We planned a 3 day trip and ended up staying am extra day... Stay as long as you can. It was an experience of a lifetime. Wish we were still there!
Chloe

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Marc's Treehouse Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Hi Anthony

Thanks for taking time to write such a splendid review.

I am very pleased that you had such a fabulous time. Good to hear that you were happy with both the camp staff and the tourist guides.

It was good to see that you extended your safari by another day - testimony that you were having a good time !

Again I thank you for the great review.

Kind regards

#6 of 14 in Klaserie Private Game Reserve
Ezulwini Game Lodges
Ezulwini Game Lodges
#8 of 21 in Balule Nature Reserve

Been to Marc's Treehouse Lodge? Share your experiences!