“When nature calls...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kruger National Park
Marc's Treehouse Lodge
Hong Kong, China
“When nature calls...”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed by myself here for 2 nights during the winter time. The treehouses weren't heated, so it was freezing when you get off the bed in the morning. The bed was comfy, but you could spy the outside from the creases between the logs. I heard game stroll by my treehouse, and a lizard fell from the ceiling next to my feet while i was in the shower! You just can't get any closer to nature with a fluffy bed to spend your night.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the main bldg so you don't have to travel a long way with your lugguage o...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 26 February 2014

If you are looking for luxory, you are at the wrong place. If you want to experience nature, prefere simple lifestyle and friendly, warm stuff, this is your dream destination. Food and accomodation are not extraordinary, but definitly good enough.

Room Tip: There are houses with shared bathroom and toiletts, other have there own facilities.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Marc's Treehouse Lodge, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hi Josua

Thank you for writing a splendid report - we are glad that you regard your experience at Marc's Treehouse Lodge as splendid.

It is great to know that you enjoyed the unspoilt nature at Marc's Treehouse Lodge - we appreciate that we need to keep the camp rustic and simple so as to maintain the natural ambiance.

we are very happy to know that you found our staff friendly and warm - I am sure they were reciprocating your friendliness.

Kind regards
Piero
General Manager, Viva Safaris
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A friend and I stayed at Marc's Treehouse Lodge and we both thoroughly enjoyed our time there. It went far too quickly. The atmosphere, the staff, the hostess, the wildlife and more, were all wonderful. Beds were comfortable. Tents were clean and there were plugs in the tents to charge up camera's and phones. It was too cold in May to be using the swimming pool, but it looked lovely for those hot summers days. All in all, we had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lydia B
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights, having stayed one night at Tremisana Lodge as part of a Viva Safaris 4-day safari package. The hostess/manager of the property, Pretty, was incredibly kind and warm and really made a lovely first impression.

When we first drove in, there was an "Adventure Camp" that we passed as part of the property, and it looked overgrown and underused. The main "lobby" area is set deep into the property and has a pool and a couple of dining areas - all of these were well-maintained and comfortable. There was also free wifi, which was a nice surprise in the bush! The tents are a good 8 minute walk from the main areas, which was less than idea. It has a dimly lit pathway at night, although the electricity is spotty, so BE SURE to bring a flashlight! When we were led to our accommodations, Pretty mentioned that the bathrooms had been cleaned that day, but it seemed the monkeys had been playing in the showers, so it was all a bit gross again. She also warned about the buffalo and leopards, which added to my fear a bit, of camping ALONE on a game reserve. Even though I was in a tent, it had lights, a fan and outlets, so I was able to charge my camera batteries. However, the first night, the electricity went out before midnight, so it was quite hot and uncomfortable. In the morning from about 6-7am, it was in and out about every 5-10 minutes. The second night it was on the entire time, and I slept much better.

The food they served for dinner and breakfast was plentiful and delicious. The second night, however, they ran out of bottled water to purchase, as they did not receive the delivery that day.

Thanks again to Pretty for being a lovely, helpful hostess and making my visit pleasant!

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed 2 nights in the Treehouse lodge in January 2014. During my trip I did a day trip around Kruger park and a morning bushwalk. The staff at the lodge were nice and helpful. They gave us plenty of food for our busy days. The guides were very good in getting us close to the wildlife Highly recommended!

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 20 January 2014

What a thrill it was to stay here! I got to live out my childhood fantasies of staying in a treehouse. Mine was right on the river bank with a balcony and chairs overlooking the water.

Exciting too is the thought that just outside the twigged walls of the cabin is wildest Africa. I slept most comfortably under the mozzie net cocooning the bed. I definately heard some wild cat calls close to my treehouse, fortunately after we had returned from a late night swim.

Adorable, was a baby Nyala huddling under the plants next to the pool area. The walk back to one's room is exhilirating to say the least as we found fresh animal spoor in the mud, and they were big footprints too!

For someone who isn't exactly big on red meat, let alone game meat, I was absolutely delighted by the Nyala stew served at dinner time. Beers were affordable and plentiful.

Still trying to convince myself that the large, flat, fast moving reptile on the rocks when I went for an early morning walk next to the river, wasn't a crocodile! # grown man running fast!

Remember to pack your courage as this place rocks with adrenaline!

Room Tip: Ask for a treehouse closest to the river, the flowing water is so relaxing!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Beira, Mozambique
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had a fantastic two nights at the lodge. The educational early morning bush walks perfectly complemented game drives during the day. The accommodation was comfortable and the food was good, but I was most impressed by the warm and welcoming guides and staff. In particular, our hostess, Pretty, was a very amiable and charming young lady with the warmest smile this side of the Limpopo. Marry me Pretty!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kruger National Park
#3 of 14 in Klaserie Private Game Reserve
Klaserie River Safari Lodge
Klaserie River Safari Lodge
#21 of 104 in Hoedspruit

Been to Marc's Treehouse Lodge? Share your experiences!