“Enchanting property”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kruger National Park
Marc's Treehouse Lodge
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Marc's Treehouse Lodge was an incredible experience! The website does not do this place justice. I was lucky enough to get room/cabin #1 which is right down by the river bank. I was travelling along, so the room was a single occupancy. It was absolutely the most beautiful cabin in the African bush. This would be a great place if you are on a honeymoon or going for a romantic vacation. The sounds of the African night - the monkeys playing in the trees, the water from the river below, the hyenas crying in the night, and the insects from all around made it just the perfect rustic experience.

Now please note, if you are a "luxury lodge" person, this is definitely not the place for you. You might need brick walls, luxury towels and soaps and little chocolates on your pillow. This was so much better than that! This is the way I wanted to enjoy Africa in its true form and I had the opportunity to do that. If you are the same way and want to experience Africa from a more minimalist point of view and be more at one with nature, then I highly recommend Marc's Tree House Lodge.

The staff is great- especially Pretty! She is the cutest, stylish South African I saw my entire trip! She is adorable and was always very helpful and seemed to care a lot about our group's happiness and well being while we were there. The food was also excellent! They always had alcohol in the fridge so you never have to worry about that.

I highly recommend this place and when I come back to South Africa I would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Get room #1 or #2 if you want to be close to the stream/river running through there. It is very sec...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa V

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Awesome experience! Such a beautiful place to stay, we just wished we had stayed longer. The staff we very friendly and helpful, the accomodation was more than enough for what we paid for, nice clean comfortable beds with mosquito nets, loved it!! Monkeys on the roof in the morning made the experience an unforgettable one! My partner and our friends and I had an amazing visit to South Africa and the stay at the treehouse was definatly a highlight!! Thanks to all the staff for the wonderful hospitality!! Will definatly recommend and hopefully be back myself one day!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very accommodating staff. Monkeys And Nyala run rampant. Above the average tree house. Food was decent. Guides were good. Drinks were great priced. Would have liked to have more fenced in tree house but remember a tree house is literally a tree house. Needed a private flight to Joburg & the staff helped me to the greatest extent possible. free wifi is the highlight. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The host "Pretty" was a very pleasant lady that tried to help all the guest with their request. The location is really cool with wild animals roaming everywhere. Monkeys entertained every morning during breakfast. The food was ok, but a set menu for all meals. The experience was good for us , but I would not recommend it for most people because they could not accept the primitive accomodations. We had lizards in the shower, frogs on the bed, and lots of spiders on the trails to the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed by myself here for 2 nights during the winter time. The treehouses weren't heated, so it was freezing when you get off the bed in the morning. The bed was comfy, but you could spy the outside from the creases between the logs. I heard game stroll by my treehouse, and a lizard fell from the ceiling next to my feet while i was in the shower! You just can't get any closer to nature with a fluffy bed to spend your night.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the main bldg so you don't have to travel a long way with your lugguage o...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

If you are looking for luxory, you are at the wrong place. If you want to experience nature, prefere simple lifestyle and friendly, warm stuff, this is your dream destination. Food and accomodation are not extraordinary, but definitly good enough.

Room Tip: There are houses with shared bathroom and toiletts, other have there own facilities.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Marc's Treehouse Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Hi Josua

Thank you for writing a splendid report - we are glad that you regard your experience at Marc's Treehouse Lodge as splendid.

It is great to know that you enjoyed the unspoilt nature at Marc's Treehouse Lodge - we appreciate that we need to keep the camp rustic and simple so as to maintain the natural ambiance.

we are very happy to know that you found our staff friendly and warm - I am sure they were reciprocating your friendliness.

Kind regards
Piero
General Manager, Viva Safaris

Reviewed 21 February 2014

A friend and I stayed at Marc's Treehouse Lodge and we both thoroughly enjoyed our time there. It went far too quickly. The atmosphere, the staff, the hostess, the wildlife and more, were all wonderful. Beds were comfortable. Tents were clean and there were plugs in the tents to charge up camera's and phones. It was too cold in May to be using the swimming pool, but it looked lovely for those hot summers days. All in all, we had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
#6 of 14 in Klaserie Private Game Reserve
Ezulwini Game Lodges
Ezulwini Game Lodges
#8 of 21 in Balule Nature Reserve

Been to Marc's Treehouse Lodge? Share your experiences!