The accomodations, food and service at Tinga Legends were truly amazing. The staff were intuitive to your every desire and our 4 night stay was one of the most luxurious we have ever experienced! Our game ranger and tracker were incredibly knowledgable and with them we had some great sightings of lion, leopard and buffalo. I was travelling with my husband and his South African family who have been to going to Kruger for 30 to 40 years and these sightings were some of the best they had ever seen. With that said, I must comment on our disappointment in Tinga's policy not to drive on the private roads of the concession after there has been rain. Unfortunately we had rain during part of our stay and therefore were not allowed on these private roads for 50% of our game drives, and instead had to stick to the main roads that everyone in Kruger travels. I think part of what you pay a "very" high price for is to be able to go where the general public cannot. The reason we were told that we could not go on the concession roads is that they could be damaged when driving on them within 24 hours of rain and may need to be repaired. Again, for the price you pay there should be some way to effectively repair any damage that may occur. I would understand if you were not allowed to go "off-road", that is entirely different from the graded dirt roads of the concession. Bottom line is that we had our best sightings on the concession roads, but on the public roads our sightings were minimal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lion Sands Tinga Lodge - along the Sabie River within the Kruger National Park - is subtle, sophisticated and serene with grand open spaces. The main areas are double volume, opening onto a wooden deck. With just 9 luxurious suites, each located in an utterly private spot overlooking the river, you are treated to the ultimate African luxury experience. Each of Tinga's suites has a bathroom with in-door and outdoor shower, separate lounge area with minibar, private plunge pool and deck, 24 hour air-conditioning and a range of luxury amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Lion Sands - Tinga Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tinga Private Game Hotel Skukuza
- Tinga Private Game Skukuza