My partner and I stayed at the Tinga Legends Lodge in January 2012 for four nights. I am a jaded New Yorker who has traveled the world (all 7 continents), but Tinga Legends is honestly the most wonderful place I've ever stayed. The chalet, with its completely private deck and plunge pool and its ultra-luxurious bathroom, was spectacular. Mosquitoes were surprisingly not a problem at all (we never saw any), but our bed was still draped in a billowy net every night, which only added to the romantic atmosphere. We also both got great massages on our deck. The food was plentiful but also high-quality with the menu changing every day; my favorite dish was the impala loin. One night, the staff even surprised us with a candle-lit dinner on our own deck after we got back from our evening game drive. And speaking of the game drives, they were fantastic. Our ranger, Alfred, was extremely knowledgeable, and taught us so much about the animals we saw (we saw all of the Big 5) but also about South African culture, politics, etc. Once day I mentioned that I hoped to see hippos up close, so he grabbed his rifle and took us on a private walk to the river, where we saw so many. In addition to seeing animals on the game drives, we saw many vervet monkeys scampering about the lodge, and elephants strolled right by our chalet one afternoon. Every night, a guard escorts you to your chalet after dinner, just in case there are any animals lurking about, and one night, there were actually hyenas on the elevated walkway. Overall, the whole experience was so unforgettable. And I cannot recommend Tinga Legends highly enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lion Sands Tinga Lodge - along the Sabie River within the Kruger National Park - is subtle, sophisticated and serene with grand open spaces. The main areas are double volume, opening onto a wooden deck. With just 9 luxurious suites, each located in an utterly private spot overlooking the river, you are treated to the ultimate African luxury experience. Each of Tinga's suites has a bathroom with in-door and outdoor shower, separate lounge area with minibar, private plunge pool and deck, 24 hour air-conditioning and a range of luxury amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lion Sands - Tinga Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tinga Private Game Hotel Skukuza
- Tinga Private Game Skukuza