My wife and I stayed at Tinga Narina lodge for 4 nights in December to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. Staying at Tinga was by far the most magical holiday we have ever experienced. The weather was absolutely perfect and we spent afternoons lounging on our deck next to the pool while viewing the wild game on the spectacular Sabie river and listening to the peaceful sounds of the African bush.
From the moment we arrived at Tinga we were treated like royalty and what ever we needed someone was there to provide it to us with a smile. All the staff were very professional and friendly in attending to our every need.
The game drives were so much fun and we longed for each one. We were lucky enough to see the all the "Big 5" thanks to our excellent and knowledgeable ranger and tracker Alfred and Isaac. It was especially amazing to see a mating pair of leopards which we have never seen in all our years of travelling to the Kruger Park.
And then there was the food...oh the food...! Amazing food, we longed for each meal which was almost every couple of hours, you definitely wont experience hunger at Tinga. Each meal with starters, mains and desert was truly out of this world. Our taste buds were exploding with excitement with the variety of foods and tastes spread before us, like beautiful artworks. Especially amazing was the Impala kebabs and Gemsbok steak! Amazing!
Tinga was so tranquil, when we were in our suite we felt like the only people on the planet with all the wild sounds of the bush surrounding us.
Many thanks to all the staff at Tinga for a great job and an amazing holiday we will forever treasure in our memory banks!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lion Sands Tinga Lodge - along the Sabie River within the Kruger National Park - is subtle, sophisticated and serene with grand open spaces. The main areas are double volume, opening onto a wooden deck. With just 9 luxurious suites, each located in an utterly private spot overlooking the river, you are treated to the ultimate African luxury experience. Each of Tinga's suites has a bathroom with in-door and outdoor shower, separate lounge area with minibar, private plunge pool and deck, 24 hour air-conditioning and a range of luxury amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Lion Sands - Tinga Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tinga Private Game Hotel Skukuza
- Tinga Private Game Skukuza