Tinga is a very, very good safari camp. An exceptional feature is the view of the nearby river from your room; this offers opportunities to view wild animals, such as elephants. The rooms are spacious and well furnished. All the staff are excellent, especially the rangers and trackers for your game drives. One unanticipated amenity was the high level of drinks and snacks offered during breaks on the game drives. Also fund were the monkeys on the property. The private pools, however, are not heated, which may be fine when the weather is very hot. The breakfasts were also very good. Do what you can to include Tinga on your African safari trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lion Sands Tinga Lodge - along the Sabie River within the Kruger National Park - is subtle, sophisticated and serene with grand open spaces. The main areas are double volume, opening onto a wooden deck. With just 9 luxurious suites, each located in an utterly private spot overlooking the river, you are treated to the ultimate African luxury experience. Each of Tinga's suites has a bathroom with in-door and outdoor shower, separate lounge area with minibar, private plunge pool and deck, 24 hour air-conditioning and a range of luxury amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Lion Sands - Tinga Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tinga Private Game Hotel Skukuza
- Tinga Private Game Skukuza