We needed a decent place to stay, and that's what we got here - but nothing more than that. The facility appears old and a bit run down. The pool is not heated, but reasonably clean. Can't say the same for the hot tub, it was lukewarm, cloudy, and didn't work at all one day. The room would have been at the height of fashion in the early 80s, I'd say - but everything is now dingy and worn. If you want to cook in the kitchenette, I'd rewash everything first. A bottle of dish soap and a sponge that looked older than I am was on the sink for use...ugh. At least climate control worked well, we used both heat and AC and both were fine. They had a lot of channels on TV, which was nice. We did not use the Internet while we were there. The bed was relatively comfortable. My daughter slept in the murphy bed (pretty cool, BTW) in the living room and that seemed fine. Sheets and towels were clean and the bathroom was pretty clean. At one point I walked barefoot on the carpet after my shower, and my damp feet stuck to the carpet - EEEEEW! I recommend wearing shoes or at least socks at all times. The facility is noisy, due in part to the acoustics of the center courtyard. Two kids playing and making average noise is magnified tenfold in the courtyard so it sounds like there is a party going on. Per other reviews I've read, it does seem like the people there know each other, the pool area was really crowded one evening, I felt like we were intruding when we came to swim and lounge. No one was unfriendly, though. There is a grill for cookouts down there, which is nice. The breakfast bar is pretty weak, and coffee was almost never available outside the lobby (though I thought it was advertised that they always had it). Overall, the place served its purpose - we had a roof over our heads that was reasonably clean in the key areas, we slept well at night, and the price was definitely right. But do not expect much beyond that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Havasu Sands Resort is located in the Uptown Main Street district of Lake Havasu City, which offers over 200 shops, galleries and restaurants. The London Bridge and English village shops, pub and playhouse, nestled under the bridge, are one mile away. The Lake Havasu Marina is two miles from the property. This all-suite resort features a heated outdoor pool, spa tub, and tennis court and wireless Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Havasu Sands All Suite Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Havasu Sands All Hotel Lake Havasu City
- Havasu Sands All Suite Resort Lake Havasu City, Arizona