“Overall average, but needs to work on their customer service”

Havasu Sands All Suite Resort
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Bullhead City, Arizona
“Overall average, but needs to work on their customer service”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Was in the area for a 2-night stay in part to celebrate my wedding anniversary. Here's my overall impressions.

ROOM: We stayed in a 1 room suite. It was as clean as it can be. It was a random collection of old furnishings and decor. In fact, the entire property seemed to be where all old, furnishings go to die. The kitchenette has a surprisingly full size fridge and freezer and a tiny 4-burner electric stove. There was an random pot, pan and miscellaneous cutlery supplied (like a dozen spoons and 2 forks). The floors and bed had plenty of squeaks, but was relatively comfortable.

CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST: Skip it! The hours were 8-10, outside and we got there at about 8:45. There was 2 choices of cereal (Frosted flakes and Raisan Bran [at least per label]) that frosted flakes were stale. The only bread choice was a cinnamon bread and it, too, was stale. There was a half pack of local grocery store donuts and cinnamon rolls and a few odds and ends tossed in. There was nobody else around so I don't know what kind of silent rush they had for the 45 minutes prior (our room was near the office).

POOL: All the rooms basically look out to the pool. It was actually nice to use. There was a small above ground spa that functioned well enough as well. The pool hours were apparently 8a - 11p, but the last night their clock must have run slow as there were a 2 groups in the pool till at least midnight that were fairly loud (the quieter group included children).

OVERALL: I doubt I'll be back. There are similar places for the same price. At check-in, I gave my name and the woman (nicely) said basically, sign here and pay now. Mentioned pool hours (I asked) and there was a fitness center and tennis/basketball court out back. Continental breakfast is 8-10. She slid a pouch that had our room key cards in it. No mention of the actual room, where it was or anything else. Next to two scribbled out spots was ehat we assumed was our room number. We found it and got settled in.
The website had a 1PM checkout (part of why I chose this place), so we were taking a lazy morning and planned checking out around noon. I was in the shower (decent) and my wife tapped on the door mentioning housekeeping tried to come in as it was an 11 o'clock check out (this was at about 11). By 11:15 we had a call from the front desk that the housekeeper was 'concerned' and a reminder of the 11 o'clock check out. I said we were about packed, but nobody told me 11 that everything else I knew was by 1. She ignored that with a O and disconnected the line. A few minutes later I entered the office to check out and the woman there asked me my room number, took the key cards and said OK. No thank you for staying, no how was your stay or anything.
Basically, I got what I paid for. A generally clean and moderately comfortable room. Skip the breakfast and don't expect much from the staff. Oh, and the fitness center was more of a disorganized storage area that had no functioning AC when we looked. On the plus side, they had plenty of parking even with some covered,

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Havasu Sands for a month while on temporary assignment for work. Room was relatively clean, had a full sized fridge, oven/range, kitchen supplies, pool, jacuzzi, basketball courts, tennis courts, gym (just treadmills and bikes) and a wonderful breakfast selection every morning.

Service was very good. Housekeeping was par, maintenance was good and the front desk was great. The manager Heather was very understanding and helpful. Overall a very good experience. I would return.

• Stayed February 2013
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My Children and I stayed here during the Christmas Holiday. We had a nice clean 2 bedroom suite w/kitchen. The kitchen was nice with small children. The free breakfast had many choices. Having 2 rooms was nice for down time during the holidays. I was gone most of the day but the night staff was very helpful and professional. The price was great and budget friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a getaway trip with all the conforts of home.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I was there in April for a month - and let me tell you - I loved it! I was in Lake Havasu City for Two months and tried a few different places but none of them could offer when these guys offered!

Each suit has it's own style. Some ranging from 80's look to 90's to more recent.
They all have kitchens and rooms and bathrooms separate from each other - It's kind of like staying in an apartment at a really reasonable price with awesome extras - Ideal for an extended stay!

I loved the Staff - they were very friendly and very helpful and I felt very at home there.

And I very much enjoyed the pool and Hot tub as well.

It's a great price for what you get: full kitchen, A/C and Heat, Pool, Hot Tub, Gym, Tennis and Basketball court, Continental Breakfast, Free Wifi and housekeeping in a secure and clean location.

The rooms are nice and clean and the beds are comfortable.

Whenever I find myself In Lake Havasu City again - I will be staying here for sure!

I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did.

From Canada.

Room Tip: If you'd like a room with a certain style rather than another style, ask, because every room is...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Corona, California
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Our stay was pretty average. We had our kids 16 yr old, 4 yr old and 1 yr old. It was comfortable for everyone in a sense, everybody had a place to sleep. The hotel can use a major make over. I could tell it had not been renevated since the early 80s. Nor had the towels been replaced since then. The upside of things was that it was clean. The linens, the towels, everything was old but clean. That was the most important thing to us. I would stay there again, but someone needs to help them renovate.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Resi97
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 9 May 2012

A suite with a kitchen, separate bathroom, and flat panel tv for an outstanding price! The staff was very helpful on a very busy weekend during the boat show. The pool and hot tub were very nice and super clean. I have already been back to this great gem. Book ahead on their website to get the best rate possible.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Chandler, AZ
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This hotel took care of our little league team very well. The rooms were clean and the staff was awesome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, worth the money spent!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family