“Very poorly run”
Review of Heat Hotel

Heat Hotel
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Really a bizarre place. The most beautiful rooms I've ever seen. Works of art really. But ZERO amenities. Most odd...huge room, great view with nice mini bar and no coffee pot. There is no restaurant and the coffee shop the hotel owns is...closed? No one on site knows if or when it will open. the lobby has a little ten cup mr. Coffee for guests. It had half a cup in it when I got to it. The staff are all really young. The manager is about twelve. Which explains why the entire hotels focus is their patio bar. WHICH the inferno rooms are directly under and the majority of the other rooms are directly over. Nothing like coming in off a long road trip and listening to bar music and drunks from your room. When I asked to be moved the little girl manager was, as described in another review, less than helpful. On weekends they have a dj...if your in your twenties or just a party person..great place.Otherwise...sucks.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kaytwowa
gmheathotel, General Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2011

I am the new General Manager of Heat Hotel, and I apologize for us not exceeding your expectations during your stay at the hotel. I have carefully reviewed the issues you have raised, and rest assured, changes are being made. I believe every guest's perspective during a stay is an opportunity to make change if needed and create a hotel where every stay is perfect. We have the best location, the best rooms and a wonderful staff, I look forward to personally setting up your next reservation, please call me directly and I will guarantee you that your next Lake Havasu stay will be a perfect visit. Thank you!

Matthew

There are newer reviews for Heat Hotel

Reviewed 3 April 2011

resort itself is amazaing also the view of the london bridge is like no other. all staff was great from the moment of check in to check out. would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Was ggsicecream drunk when she wrote her review or just illiterate? Don't value her opinion, but we have stayed there numerous times and love it. The Heat is a hotel for adults, especially the inferno suites. If you want a place to go with your significant other, to have the time of your life, go to the Heat and stay in an inferno suite. All of the rooms are nice, but the suites are incredible. You will not regret it. The music is loud so if you are going there for peace and quiet, go somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steveieb061
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Just made a reservation on the Heat's Web page for a 3 night stay in the Channel view suite and received a confirmation number. A few minutes later I received a call from the Hotel. They told me that they had to cancel my reservation because someone else had called in a reservation at the same time I was making my reservation. Since they couldn't get the call in reservation into the system before my reservation went through, they had to cancel mine, because the call in reservation takes priority. I felt this was extremely unfair since I had a confirmation number and got the room first. When I tried to plead my case, which was cancel the other reservation not mine, I was told by the manager that I was not listening. So not staying here again.

Stayed: November 2010
6  Thank tbgoering
Reviewed 4 September 2010

when we first got there my credit card would not work but thay took a cash deposit thay were all so nice alicen front dest and steve the manager. the room over all was the best thay even upgradeit my room to a 2bed suit the veiws were so nice the londen brige was rigth there the bar everything we loved it trying to book the same room naw for next year.it was just beautiful!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2010

We only stayed a night as a stop-off on the drive from Grand Canyon to LA. The whole city is bizarre - built in the baking desert in the 60's on a man-made lake, and is a playground for young posers from LA in their boats. The hotel is by the original London Bridge - bought by the businessman who built the resort. The hotel is small and modern and the rooms are well-styled, but there is an open-air nightclub outside which doesn't end until 2am, and so sleep is not really what the place is about, despite very comfortable beds. But heavy drinking and 'adult activity' is clearly what it is about. The bathroom had a spa bath made for two, all of which is fine if that's what you want, but our teenagers felt very uncomfortable staying there. The hotel does not serve breakfast as clearly no-one staying there is up in time for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2010

The Heat Hotel is really cool!! We had a standard King room which was close to the outside bar and disco, the views were fabulous, the room very spacious, huge very comfy bed and pillows, table and chairs, small kitchen area with coffee making and fridge, and a lovely balcony from which to admire the view. There are many good bars and restaurants nearby and if you are in to water sports its heaven. We stayed on a Saturday night and as stated it was noisy from the disco, however the patio doors are double glazed, (and have mosquito doors too) and the noisy really did not bother us at all, and as check out is 12 noon a great chance for a lie in if required. We would have loved to stay longer the whole area was very relaxing and we would love to return, and although the rooms are pricey compared to others, the location made up for it. Free parking right by the hotel and fast wi-fi internet access.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business