“This is the #1 Hotel in Lake Havasu!”
Review of Heat Hotel

Heat Hotel
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I absolutely loved this hotel and would most definitely choose to stay here again and again. It was modern and had a unique touch to the design. I really liked the rooms! The tempur-pedic bed was very comfortable. I could not believe how huge the jet bath was and very relaxing after a long day on the lake. The mini bar was another plus, always being stocked with a variety. The balcony view was perfect and waking up to the sight of the London Bridge every morning just set the mood for the rest of the day. This hotel is also close to many restaurants and some shops. I also really enjoyed having a nice bar located right at the hotel. The service and staff were outstanding and very welcoming. If you’re coming to Lake Havasu, I highly recommend the Heat Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
gmheathotel, General Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

You have said it all and thank you for your 5 star rating! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2011

It was awesome as soon as we check in my husband and I got a free drink and a 20 dollar certificate to a yummy mexican resturant right behind the hotel.... walked into our room clean and big!! Balcony had a beautiful view. We loved the patio bar it was definatly happenen all day!!! And after a long day on the boat coming back the room with a stocked mini fridge was a plus!! Also everytime we walked in and out of the hotel we were greeted by the check in girls :) this place in one word is awesome!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
gmheathotel, General Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Thank you for your "Awesome" rating. Our creative, extra touches have made us #1 in Lake Havasu, and we look for new ideas every day to give our guests an experience they will never forget. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 1 August 2011

We are not silly enough to stay in a resort famed for Spring Break activities during Spring Break. We stayed midweek in mid July and it was great - the view of the bridge from our balcony was lovely as we sipped our drinks watching the people go by below us. The bed and bedding were fabulous and we had a wonderful night's sleep after a luxurious bath in the huge tub. Aircon was spot on as was the attitude of the staff for a relaxed place like this. It was a tiny bit worn round the edges but clean and extremely comfortable and we would gladly stay there again. We were in room 105 which someone has thoughtfully videoed and posted on youtube so make your own mind up.

Room Tip: Check how busy the club is likely to be and if your room will be near to it
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Our temperature is always "perfect", even in "hot" Havasu! Thanks for staying with us and your wonderful comments. We appreciate hearing from every guest, and always are looking to make every guest stay the best it can be. Thanks again!

Reviewed 28 July 2011

On a week night in July this place was relatively quiet and the put me in a room far away from the nightclub, so it worked out fine, but on a weekend I can picture this place being a noise nightmare. So go if you are looking for a raucous time and avoid if you go to a hotel for rest.

My room was nice - small sitting room plus bed room with a view of London Bridge. The tempur-pedic mattress, though, left me with a sore back the next day.

There are decent casual dining alternatives within walking distance, which is nice. the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I'd say this could be the perfect hotel for some, but not for me.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
gmheathotel, General Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Thank you so much for your review. I hope you will visit again and give us the opportunity to show you how fun and exciting a weekend can be here. Our incredible Channel View suite, on the other side of the hotel, offers a breathtaking view of the mountains and lake, and as you know all of our other rooms are on the lake and view the London Bridge. Every guest can request where they would like to be in the hotel, and we aim to please. Our patio bar is an exciting alternative to those regular hotel clubs. Give me a call directly, and I look forward to your next visit to Havasu's #1 hotel!

Reviewed 25 July 2011

They didn't pull any stops when setting up this hotel with decor. It's very modern and done well. The rooms are really quite nice and it's a pleasant change from the normal look you get everywhere else. I'd have to give top ratings to the designers.

The staff was very professional and took care of anything that came up.

While there are no eating options at the hotel, they do have a small convenience store to satifisy your snacking needs and the staff were helpful on giving dining suggestions at places near the hotel so we didn't have to drive. Also, the minibars are stocked with items from the store at the same price which is a nice change to everywhere else that has ridiculous markups on something like a bottle of water.

Now the bad, at least for me and why I gave an average rating. You have to remember this is Lake Havasu which basically translates to college party town. I didn't realize it would be like this away from normal holidays, but I guess summer is still the high season. When checking in, I was informed about the patio bar being open until 2am with a dj playing live music. Figured, ok...that can't be all that bad. Well, it was like 5-6 hours each night (friday & saturday) of pounding dance music that somehow seemed to get louder as the night went on. Needless to say, since the hotel itself isn't huge...you might want to make sure you get a room on the 3rd floor away from the noise if you plan to sleep before 2am. I guess this is the norm all summer on the weekends and holidays. While I now understand this is typical Havasu, it does pretty much cut down your target audience during those times.

Besides not being able to sleep well, which is usually part of a relaxing vacation, the hotel did shine with it's modern touches and might be worth checking out, in the off-season for us party poopers, and in the on-season for you college kids.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
gmheathotel, General Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us. Our modern boutique twist, as you say, is what makes us the #1 place to stay in Lake Havasu. We have 4 restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel, and you found out having our own mini mart is a wonderful amenity here on the lake. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 19 July 2011

This has always been a nice hotel for personal or business trips, and now the new management adds a wonderful personal touch to the experience of each stay. Sincere attention is consistently given to meeting my needs for each visit. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and I never get tired of the view of the London Bridge and the "channel." The location is convenient walking distance to running trails, the lake, dog park, and great restaurants. I would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone traveling for work or pleasure if you are looking for a great boutique hotel experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
gmheathotel, General Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2011

Thank you so much for choosing Heat for your Lake Havasu stays! We always love seeing you and we never forget how important the "personal touch" is. Our staff prides itself being #1 in Lake Havasu, thank you again!

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Lake Havasu City is one of the friendliest towns I've visited; and when that's a statement coming from a Midwesterner . . . that's really friendly!

The HEAT is unquestionable the swankiest hotel in the city, but it wasn't a bit pretentious. The staff was down to earth, helpful and gregarious. The GM, Matthew Krumwiede, made certain our stay surpassed our expectations and he treated us as though we were family.

In a world where customer care is often mediocre, it's refreshing to see such a stand-out business that gets it. Their attention to detail and eagarness to please make it impossible for me to stay anywhere else when I visit Lake Havasu City.

Thank, Matthew!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

It was our pleasure to be your host while you were here in Lake Havasu. As a team, we believe every guest is family and do everything we can to make it a grand stay. Thank you again!