“The Heat is ON!”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Monroe, Connecticut
“The Heat is ON!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent experience. I actually rented two adjoining king rooms. Both room had a different layout and both were very big. They were both spotless and the beds& towels were amazing. Since this hotel did not have a pool there were not many families and the other guests were similar to us..couples and or groups of friends. The location was absolutely amazing with perfect views of the London Bridge literally from my bed. The staff was very helpful and free wifi is always appreciated. Since we were there in off season, we did not experience any problems with crowds, loud music and parking problems. Everything was 100% for us! We will be back for sure same time next year!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FanaticalFrog
Allison M, Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for the review! I am glad you had the opportunity to experience all HEAT has to offer. I hope you see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is the hotel to stay in if you want to soak in the scene of Lake Havasu. The Bridge itself is located directly outside the hotel with views from all rooms. Everything else of interst in Lake Havasu is within walking distance.

We were upgraded at no charge to The Suite, a most fantastic, stunning, modernistic room, with a very large balcony overlooking the channel and bridge, a semi-circle couch with large screen TV, wet bar and large bathing and shower area and 2 bathrooms. The height of luxury! Would definitely stay at this hotel if ever in this area.

The hotel has just 20 or so rooms and is connected to an outside bar that in high season could be both fun but loud, something to consider, but in mid week in July it was quiet.

Room Tip: all rooms have a balcony and view of the bridge. The Suite is the best room in the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank USACityPlanner
Allison M, Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I appreciate your review! I am glad you were able to experience all that HEAT has to offer. Our convenient location makes finding things to do and places to eat an easy one. We try to give guests upgrades as much as possible so they have the opportunity to experience our one of a kind suites. I hope you come out to see us again!
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My girlfriend and I came to this hotel for our 4 year anniversary, and at first it seemed great but then we started to notice some issues. First off, the parking is almost non existent and certain spots are not allowed to have overnight parking, so I had to keep going back to the parking lot to look for an open overnight parking spot. Secondly, the weather striping around the door was damaged and parts of it were missing which allowed a 1 inch gap into the room. Being that this hotel is right on the water there were tons of mosquitos and other water bugs that came into the room at night. We called the front desk to see if they could fix the problem or give us another room and they refused unless we were to pay a transfer fee. Our first night there we didn't get any sleep due to the amount of bugs in the room. We asked to have 1 night of our 2 night stay refunded or at least discounted. They also refused this. The only thing they did for us was bring us bug spray. We had to bug bomb the room ourselves. To air out the room so we could have a decent nights sleep the next night we opened the "patio" door which did have a screen door but there is no private patio. The area opens up to a public walk way. At the time we didn't know that area was allowed to have smoking so close to the rooms. After we came back from our daily excursion our room smelled like smoke. We did what we could to get rid of the smoke smell but it still lingered. As we went to check out the next day the hotel charged us a smoking fee. I explained why it smelled like smoke but they didn't care and said to dispute the charges with my credit card company as they were not going to reverse the charge. Lastly, when we got into our room it was dirty. When I say dirty I mean crumbs all over the couch sticky spills not mopped up. It just looked like the did a half-fasted job of cleaning the room for a "Luxury" hotel. Worst customer service experience of my life! We will come back to Lake Havasu but NEVER come back to this over priced, under serviced, dirty hotel.

Room Tip: Go across the bridge to the another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Adam G
Allison M, Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. We do have overnight parking in all of our parking spaces, I am sorry if that was miss-communicated to you. I apologize we were unable to accommodate you in another room. Our number one goal is customer satisfaction and we do what we can to make sure that each guest is in the best room to suit their needs. I will make sure to discuss your concerns with our staff to better assist our guests in the future.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Sleek, modern, great location - can't miss seeing the London Bridge - it's right there; very clean,
All the staff were very helpful, and a lot of fun to talk to; Corree checked us in and was there when we needed information regarding a sunset cruise, she was most helpful.

The only complaint, if you want to call it that, were the sinks in the bathroom area. Architecturally they looked great, but if you are short you may have problems leaning over the counter and reaching the sink, particularly when brushing your teeth and if you are short you will have to stand on your tippy toes. If you are six feet or taller, you probably won't have a problem.

We did not have a problem with noise, but we were there in the middle of the week, and the river was fairly quiet, but if you are one that wants complete quiet you should read the disclaimer on the website. Heat is very honest and upfront about the possible noise level, when town is busy and the river crowded.

We discovered to get the internet we had to use theHeatHotel for the Wi-Fi connection, not TheHeatHotel - that small t at the beginning made all the difference, and we had no problems with the internet.
Would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelernottourist8
Allison M, Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review HEAT. I am glad Coree was able to assist you during your stay. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and strive to make each guests experience one they will not forget. I hope to see you again!
South Molton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed in an Infernito Suite as part of our honeymoon. I understand that this is not even the most expensive suite but it was very big and very nicely decorated in a minimalistic cool style. The views of the bridge were amazing and the hotel was well located. We didn't get a chance to sample the mini bar as we went out but the prices looked really good. The bed was really comfortable.

Coming from England we found Lake Havasu hot, so a cool (well air-conditioned) room was a nice break from the heat outside!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bluebelle27
Allison M, Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Congratulations! I am honored you chose HEAT to celebrate your honeymoon and I am happy you enjoyed it.
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked this hotel because of it's location. It is right on the canal next to the London Bridge in Lake Havasu, AZ. When we arrived we were upgraded to an inferno suite...wow! At this point they were getting a five star rating. However, for a day and half of a three day stay our internet didn't work. In this wired world that isn't a good thing. Finally, after numerous excuses from the front desk employees the manager, Allison, stepped in and got the situation resolved. She was extremely helpful and knew how to get a task completed. Unfortunately, the damage had been done and we were disappointed with out selection of the Heat Hotel. There are plenty of other hotels in the area and if we ever return we will stay somewhere else. Once you look beyond the mirrors, lighting, and chrome this is a very average overprice hotel. Three stars at best.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Allison M, Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for the review. I am disappointed to read that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Experiencing difficulty not being able to connect to the internet is frustrating at the least. I apologize that we were not able to resolve this issue immediately and, after you had this experience, I did educate the staff as to how this situation can be resolved in a more timely manner so that in the future this does not happen again. If you are planning on making another trip to Lake Havasu please contact me directly and I will ensure that your next stay at HEAT meats all of your expectations.
whitstable
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We just loved the view from the balcony, overlooking the lake and London bridge. Our rental car had broken down and the staff were super helpful in sorting it out for us. Rooms are first class, location could not be better. We stayed on a Saturday night and had no problems with noise, despite several parties all round the lake. One of the best hotels I have stayed in.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank speedyseven
Allison M, Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for the review! I am sorry to hear you had some issues with your rental car but I am glad our staff was able to make your experience with us a pleasant one. I hope to see you again soon!