“Dessert heaven”

Javelina Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Javelina Cantina is Lake Havasu's number one destination for authentic Sonoran style Mexican food. With our amazing scenic view of the London Bridge you can enjoy dinner outside on our patio. Take advantage of our weekly specials and don't forget to stop in our world class Tequila Bar where we feature a new Tequila each month out of hundreds to choose from!
Reviewed 6 March 2014

If you want dessert that is unbelievable, Javalina Cantina is the place to be. Six of us dessert fans could not even finish the two desserts that we ordered. And the margaritas were excellent too, especially during happy hour. Located near the
London Bridge, you will also enjoy the view.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Went there on a Monday night in March with my husband. A twenty minute wait for outside seating, but was definitely worth it for the view and open-air dining. Free chips and salsa were fresh but pretty standard. Margaritas were weak. Mine was on the rocks but not much to it - and being a lightweight I generally feel alcohol right away. I got the 'regular' one so maybe if you upgrade to top shelf they put a bit more into it? The food was served quickly which was nice. My husband got one of the steaks with beans and rice - a flank steak, maybe? He said it was decent. I got the shrimp fajitas. They, too, were "decent" but nothing exceptional. And here is your fajita warning: if you order them, have the server put the sizzling plate down AWAY from you, not right in front of you! Grease splattered off of the plate for several minutes. Unfortunately it took a minute before I realized my shirt (new one, of course!) was getting splattered with the popping grease. Yikes. The servers need to be told to put the platter down AWAY from the diners for goodness sakes. So, I sat like a tool for about the next five minutes with my cloth napkin covering my shirt to protect it. :) Both my husband and I tasted what seemed like Teriyaki in the steak and the shrimp marinades. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but not the taste we expected to find in Mexican food.

All in all, it's an ok experience if you sit outside and have average expectations.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Their chips and salsa are excellent! I asked for some hotter salsa, and got just that! It was addictive! The chips were warm and very fresh. They have a huge menu. We ate there twice during our stay, both meals were very good.

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Wednesday night is great fun and food at Javelina Cantina. $1 tacos and $4 Margaritas. Another night try the lobster tacos. Big chunks of lobster and fresh tortillas.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

By far the best dollar tacos we've found. This has become our regular Wednesday night "date." The staff is always friendly and the patio has a great view.