“Nice little gem”
Review of Bridgewater Motel

Bridgewater Motel
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

To be totally honest, we didn't expect much. We we're looking for a cheap place to stay for just one night so we didn't need a lot of "frills." Keeping that in mind, when we pulled up, I almost panicked. It is a little rough looking on the outside, but my husband assured me that if we didn't like the room we would leave. As soon as we walked in the office it was like stepping back in time. The old school customer service, where they genuinely want to make you happy and comfortable, was great! Super nice people! We got to the room and it was spotless! Smelled clean without the overwhelming "cleaning chemical" smell. I had a massive headache from being on the road and the front desk even tracked down some tylenol for me! The best part, never once did we hear any neighbors next door or below us. My only complaint would be, their "lake view" is kind of a stretch. But seeing as how we didn't spend much time there anyway, we didn't really care. It was a great short stay and fantastic hospitality! Also, they are full of recommendations, so don't hesitate to ask!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honeybeejean

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

For the price, you can't beat it during spring break!!! My only downside was the bed was a little too firm. Other than that, staff was great and service was amazing. I ordered a king bed on accident and when I got there and realized the mistake the lady at the front desk went out if her way to see if I could get a room with two queens instead of one king. It was amazing staff and they definitely did take care of you! I would stay here again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tomer K
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here because most everything else in town was booked. We were told it was a king bed and it was a queen. It was very small but the rooms were clean and the people in the office were nice and helpful. Its OK but because of its size I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Price is fair, good location, clean, didn't use the pool. But one thing... I asked for a downstairs room at check-in but was told they were all booked. I ride a motorcycle & was hot & tired but took the upstairs room. Next morning the parking lot was nearly empty & NO downstairs rooms were occupied! Liar at the desk not very accommodating. Plenty of other hotels nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank biker53x
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Nice hotel for the $ but due to my horrible diarherra an my wife's open wounds an body infections and my mothers incontinent problem an is forgetting her tight fitting rubber pants we were unable to enjoy the beautiful pool area

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Gutterboy
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I were in desperate need of lodging on a Saturday night. It was August 2013, nine o'clock at night and 109 degrees outside. We went motel to motel looking for a decent rate but no luck. The motels were ridiculously high priced even if it was August, the height of boating season. We decided to try one more, the Bridgewater Motel. There rates were the most affordable out of all. We were doubtful about this little motel but we took a chance anyway. When we checked in, Dean the evening desk clerk was extremely helpful and very friendly. Dean's pleasant demeanor was much appreciated after getting the sour puss attitudes from the other lodging establishments. Our room was small and dated, but very clean. The bed was super comfortable, not squishy and not hard. The sheets were clean, soft, and did not crackle when rolling over or turning my head. I know that sounds silly, but that's how I judge sheets. LOL! There was a fridge and microwave. The shower head was elevated, which my husband of much 6' 7" appreciated. The parking lot was small, not real convenient for boats. But there were a couple of cars with boats hooked up that evening. The pool was happily being used by a family cooling off for the evening. Overall, we had a great night sleep in a clean, cool, comfortable room. We would definitely recommend the Bridgewater Motel and stay there again. Thank you Bridgewater for proving us wrong and being a super little motel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank valerie c
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

To me, great staff can make up for other issues in a place. :) there was an issue with my door not unlocking but they were fantastic and got me back in eventually. :) I did not feel put out at all. Knowledge of good places to eat is also a plus of the staff. :) my room was clean and spacious. I used the pool to cool off and that was great too. I'd recommend stating here for a few days or just overnight. :) families seemed to enjoy it too from what I saw.

• Stayed: July 2013