“Basic but comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bridgewater Motel
Sisters, Oregon
“Basic but comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed 6 nights at this hotel because we were visiting with friends and needed a pet-friendly room. Our room was very comfortable and close to handicap parking and the price was very affordable . We were there over Memorial Weekend and were pleasantly surprised how quiet it was. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very pleasant and helpful. Yes, the rooms could benefit from some updating, but they were clean and really for rate we paid the rooms exceeded our expectations. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have been staying at a lot of hotels in various cities lately just on weekends and aside from clean and no bugs I am not incredibly picky. Things I hope to get in a hotel are quiet (not hearing neighbors around me), comfortable, no bugs in the room, and safe.

The Bridgewater Motel is old and outdated, but so is every other mid to low priced hotel in the area. But the owners keep the inside of the motel clean and comfortable which is great! I missed having a deadbolt on my door, but since I was there with someone I was not concerned. When I stay at a hotel myself I always stay at hotels with interior corridors so if I had not been with someone else I likely would not have given this hotel a chance.

The man and woman working in the tiny office were very friendly, although the gentleman had a sarcastic sense of humor that does not always work when interacting with complete strangers. Luckily I knew he was joking!

Positives: Our second floor room was clean, had a comfortable bed, a good range of cable television stations, a nice bathroom and a small refrigerator and microwave. The motel is also within easy walking distance to anything around London Bridge. The staff were friendly and loved to talk about their town. We also did not see any bugs in the room (definitely a positive).

Negatives: Most of the time the AC unit was running in fan mode, but when the cold air was being pumped out the unit was really loud. I saw this in other reviews though so I was not surprised. Also the toilet had very low pressure so I had to flush twice a few times. Not having a deadbolt on the door is also a negative in my opinion.

We were asked - will you stay with us again? That is not a simple question to answer. We took a 1 hour boat tour on Saturday and then mostly relaxed Saturday afternoon. After checking out of the hotel Sunday morning we attempted to find something to do and were struggling. Just about everything but bars off the London Bridge strip were closed (we did find an ice cream shop open though) and a small shopping area north of town was only about 1/4 filled with stores. So although we would likely stay at the hotel again if coming back into town, I would have to say we likely would not go back to Lake Havasu City unless there was something special going on in town (besides bikini clad spring breakers).

If I could give the Bridgewater Motel a 3.5 I would do so but it is not an option. But myself and my boyfriend both agreed 3.5 is what we should be giving the motel based on our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I booked two nights for my girlfriend and I over Memorial Day Weekend. We were traveling cross country and Lake Havasu is just where we ended up at that point and time. Having read about the party town it is on holiday weekends, we were very concerned that the hotel would be a complete frat party. When we arrived, the gentlemen at the counter was checking in a college guy, you know the type... sunglasses on the back of his neck, tank top, neon colored board shorts, goes to the gym A LOT. The counter gentlemen told the college guy, "just so you know, this hotel isn't party central. We have some older guests staying here, and families, and we won't tolerate any craziness." Best thing we could have heard! That's how you keep a hotel respectable. The rooms were very clean. Location was great, right near the London bridge and adjoining clubs and restaurants. Plenty of parking. No ruckus from the other guests. And the cheapest joint in town. I didn't give 5 stars due to the fact that the motel was slightly outdated (but which one's aren't) and the beds weren't super comfortable. Great value versus accommodations.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the pool if you want to get to bed early. The pool is open until 10 PM...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lede, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Staff is very friendly and helpfull. Thoughtfull of them to remember that we were on our honeymoon(location of the room + flowers/sweets in room).
Great view of the Lake when your room is located upstairs. Room and bed were clean and comfortable. The water of the pool could have been warmer though ... Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Upstairs because of the view.
1 Thank Jo E
San Juan Cosala, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I booked this room based on the location and reviews, but now I don't understand why this place gets good reviews. The beds were old and sagging which lead to sore backs in the morning. The pillows were flat and the bedspread was dirty. The locks on the door were so flimsy we put a chair under the knob during the night. The curtains didn't close fully and the walls were thin. Other guests kept waking us up with chants of, "Let's Party!" during the wee hours of the morning. It was a pleasure to leave this hotel behind. We won't be back.

I also don't understand why Tripadvisor places this in the B&B category since there's no breakfast included or available.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dean H
Essex, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed for one night on a road trip. Lake Havasu City had been recommended to us by friends and we wound up arriving just as it turned dark, but with no accommodation booked. We wanted something clean but no-frills. Bridgwater Motel was that and more. A very reasonable rates, especially as there was a boat show gearing up for the weekend. Plenty of hot water, comfortable bed, fridge to keep our drinking water cold, friendly and efficient staff. Would definitely recommend it.

1 Thank Suzanne85
Sedona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

To be totally honest, we didn't expect much. We we're looking for a cheap place to stay for just one night so we didn't need a lot of "frills." Keeping that in mind, when we pulled up, I almost panicked. It is a little rough looking on the outside, but my husband assured me that if we didn't like the room we would leave. As soon as we walked in the office it was like stepping back in time. The old school customer service, where they genuinely want to make you happy and comfortable, was great! Super nice people! We got to the room and it was spotless! Smelled clean without the overwhelming "cleaning chemical" smell. I had a massive headache from being on the road and the front desk even tracked down some tylenol for me! The best part, never once did we hear any neighbors next door or below us. My only complaint would be, their "lake view" is kind of a stretch. But seeing as how we didn't spend much time there anyway, we didn't really care. It was a great short stay and fantastic hospitality! Also, they are full of recommendations, so don't hesitate to ask!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple