“Disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We had heard good things about this place, so I was really disappointed with our visit.
The first table we were seated at had a drain under it with a hose coming out of the wall and into the drain. I was seated directly over the drain and noticed a really strong mildew odor coming out of it, we moved ourselves to another table.
Most of the tables are high with high chairs seated at them, not comfortable at all.
The food did not impress me, I had ordered the Buttermilk fried chicken strips, my girlfriend ordered the Salmon with curry sauce, there are not a lot of entree choices.
My chicken strips were bland and not crisp at all, it came with mashed potatoes and green beans with an awful chorizo gravy on them. The gravy was bland, broken and greasy, I would have preferred nothing on them.
The mashed potatoes were pasty and flavorless, I thought they tasted like instant potatoes but the waitress insisted they were not.
My girlfriends salmon had a strong fishy flavor and her mashed sweet potatoes were so sweet and had so much cinnamon in them they tasted like a dessert and not a side.

The whole experience made me feel like I was in an episode of Kitchen Nightmares.
A lot of people rave about the sandwiches they get for lunch there, however, I would not recommend eating dinner there. I'm a full time local and will not be returning here.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Paul Y

McFarland, Wisconsin, United States
“Good Recommendation”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

A local recommended we try the pulled pork sandwiches here. They were very good and although we like ours with a little more sauce (especially when it tastes as good as they do it here), we enjoyed every bite. We should have asked for more sauce but we were to busy eating the pulled pork. Quaint little place. You come here for the food and maybe the company if you are a local. If you like pulled pork sandwiches, you won't go wrong, especially if you can get a little more sauce to put on them.

• Visited April 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“FANTASTIC FOOD”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I've introduced dozens of friends and business associates to this small jewel of a restaurant and none have ever been disappointed. The chef is creative without straying from that "comfort food" feeling. Soups like chunky chicken tomatillo and noodles are a tasty blend of southwest and hearty goodness, but the classic French Onion soup is just as delicious. The Philadelphia Cheesesteak sandwich is large and most authentic. Daily specials keep things interesting. There may be things on the menu not to your taste, but you'll always find something special you enjoy.

The service is minimal, the ambiance is not great, and the noise level is never out of control. Closed on Sundays

• Visited February 2013
Onanole, Canada
“Impressive Menu”
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

You probably won't come for the decor but you will come again for the food.First time here for us and we were impressed.I had the pork shank which was huge and very tasty with which I had the homemade fries which were great and even better with a taste of the gravy from the pork.you could tell there was somebody that cared in the kitchen as the food was well presented.My wife had the beet salad with a chicken breast. She was very happy and the portion was very generous.I also sampled the spicy Italian sausage served with pasta.It was very tasty. The specials menu is quite varied and interesting.We felt the prices were more than fair for the quality and quantity of the food sampled.we will return.

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“we are fans”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We have eaten here three times for lunch. Never disappointed. We usually have non-alcoholic beverages, they are served in a big plastic tumbler. The restaurant itself is small, but the noise level is never blaring, you can carry on a conversation even when the room is full. The food is consistantly good. We have never had a problem with the service. Tried the meatloaf w/ real mashed potatoes this time, yum-yum-yum. ($15) Husband had the lunch special chili verde pizza with pork. ($10.50). Crisp crust, really good cheese, just a little spicy chili verde. You can get the usual hamburger and items like that, but I would not hesitiate to try some of the more innovative dishes on the menu.

• Visited January 2013