“Great Food - Great Service - Interesting Prints and Decor!”
Review of Place to Be

Place to Be
Cuisines: American
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great Food - Great Service - Interesting Prints and Decor!”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

"Place to Be" is a bistro style liitle place at 171 Swanson Avenue in Lake Havasu City, Arizona near London Bridge. The food was a unique version of traditional Bistro faire. The pulled Pork Sandwich with Root Beer sauce, red onions and apple cold slaw was a fantastic blend of flavors! My wife had an Italian Sub that was also very good. The pulled pork sandwich may be the best I have ever had, perhaps as good as Tom's Bar-B Que in Mesa. There were many interesting prints and photographs on the walls including one of a saguaro catus in a desert scene done in the style of Van Gough. The restaurant was very clean. Service was attentive and the customers seemed to be a cut above the usual California groups found on and in Lake Havasu. If they had some good music playing I would have rated them excellent.

• Visited June 2013

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“The food is fantastic!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Our friends told us the Place To Be had super food and it would be worth a visit .... so we went there today with our friends.

They were right!! The food far exceeds "pub grub." There are special foods every day and some of these only come up every couple of weeks so folks come for specific meals. Today, the offerings included a pull pork with apple slaw on Kaiser roll, the Place to Be grilled pizza with pulled pork. All of the food -- YES, we shared each dish around the table so we all could enjoy! -- was fantastic! The service was very good and the staff was friendly and helpful.
BTW - prices were reasonable!! For 4 adults, the total bill was just over $50.

We will definitely go to the PLACE TO BE when we get back to Lake Havasu City.

Visited May 2013
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We had heard good things about this place, so I was really disappointed with our visit.
The first table we were seated at had a drain under it with a hose coming out of the wall and into the drain. I was seated directly over the drain and noticed a really strong mildew odor coming out of it, we moved ourselves to another table.
Most of the tables are high with high chairs seated at them, not comfortable at all.
The food did not impress me, I had ordered the Buttermilk fried chicken strips, my girlfriend ordered the Salmon with curry sauce, there are not a lot of entree choices.
My chicken strips were bland and not crisp at all, it came with mashed potatoes and green beans with an awful chorizo gravy on them. The gravy was bland, broken and greasy, I would have preferred nothing on them.
The mashed potatoes were pasty and flavorless, I thought they tasted like instant potatoes but the waitress insisted they were not.
My girlfriends salmon had a strong fishy flavor and her mashed sweet potatoes were so sweet and had so much cinnamon in them they tasted like a dessert and not a side.

The whole experience made me feel like I was in an episode of Kitchen Nightmares.
A lot of people rave about the sandwiches they get for lunch there, however, I would not recommend eating dinner there. I'm a full time local and will not be returning here.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Paul Y
McFarland, Wisconsin, United States
“Good Recommendation”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

A local recommended we try the pulled pork sandwiches here. They were very good and although we like ours with a little more sauce (especially when it tastes as good as they do it here), we enjoyed every bite. We should have asked for more sauce but we were to busy eating the pulled pork. Quaint little place. You come here for the food and maybe the company if you are a local. If you like pulled pork sandwiches, you won't go wrong, especially if you can get a little more sauce to put on them.

• Visited April 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“FANTASTIC FOOD”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I've introduced dozens of friends and business associates to this small jewel of a restaurant and none have ever been disappointed. The chef is creative without straying from that "comfort food" feeling. Soups like chunky chicken tomatillo and noodles are a tasty blend of southwest and hearty goodness, but the classic French Onion soup is just as delicious. The Philadelphia Cheesesteak sandwich is large and most authentic. Daily specials keep things interesting. There may be things on the menu not to your taste, but you'll always find something special you enjoy.

The service is minimal, the ambiance is not great, and the noise level is never out of control. Closed on Sundays

• Visited February 2013