“you will be the first place we call, when we come back to Havasu!”

Sandbar Watersports
Ranked #2 of 18 Tours in Lake Havasu City
More attraction details
Owner description: Sandbar Watersports & Off Road Rentals. We are your best rental source for Lake Havasu, and Parker Arizona. We rent pontoon boats, ski boats, wake board boats, jet skis, also kayak rentals and trips and are soon to be adding UTV Rentals & Tours
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I would like to thank Polly, her husband and staff for making our experience what it was. We initially went with them after shopping around, but found them to be helpful on a bunch of questions that had nothing to do with the rental (grocery store, restaurants, etc.)

but back to the boat.......we were running a bit late, and they allowed us to have it a bit longer, and what a lake!!!! We debated on ski or pontoon, and decided on the pontoon. It was their smaller one, but pulled the girls tubing with no problem. the water was like bath water (July 30th). It was 110deg, but we swam plenty, and had more than enough time to cruise down to the dam, have lunch, and see the London Bridge before the end of the day. If we went back and rented for 2 days, it would be ski boat one day, pontoon the next, if we only had one day, we'd probably go pontoon.

We were very happy with the boat, and the whole process went very well. it's always a bit scary renting something a ways from home, but we couldn't be happier.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

1  Thank Rick H

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The manner in which the owner treats his customers is the reason I will never do business here again. My hope is that writing this review will save any family or group from the downright horrendous experience I had with Sandbar Watersports. The boat we rented 4 hours into the trip stopped working and required a repair by the owner Jason at the lake and this was after receiving quite a bit of attitude from him on the phone after asking for help. Jason came and "fixed" the problem, but now the boat would only move @ 5-10mph making all the additional equipment we rented from this company not useable (Wakeboard and Waterski). No refund on the equipment not used, no credit back for the time the boat only being able to move at a slow crawl, no credit back for the time waiting for our boat to be repaired. All we received when we returned was more attitude from a now defensive Jason insinuating he was not at fault at all and that we deserved to still pay the amount in full. There are better options out there and I would advise anyone about to spend their hard earned money on a fun outing at the lake to search elsewhere. These rentals do not come cheap and there is nothing more disappointing than shelling out a large amount of money for a terrible experience and even worse customer service. The surrounding staff was very helpful and pleasant to be around, but if the owner continues to not take responsibility for his business' shortcomings, then I would anticipate very similar types of negative reviews to surface from anyone that has the unfortunate involvement of doing business with this establishment.

I am sure when all equipment functions properly the experience this company provides deserves 4-5 stars. Unfortunately when you are dealing with rental equipment as a consumer, it is VERY important to know how a business runs when their equipment does malfunction, and the steps that company takes to correct the problem.

3  Thank santosc619
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our family rented a deck boat for a day. The staff was extremely helpful in providing instructions, where to go and provided life vests and a tube for the tubers. The price was comparable to the other boat rentals in the area. The boat was clean, had plenty of room for 6 people and had a cover on it to be able to stay out of the sun. I would strongly recommend renting from this company, the staff was great, friendly and very helpful and they had an awesome fuzzy, sweet mascot:)!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Recommended by the hotel but also by other trip advisors. Very reasonable pricing for 8 hours of fun on the lake. We rented a small bayliner and we really explored the lake properly. We originally thought to rent for just half a day but very happy that we went with the full day instead. Ther is so much to see! You need to be on the water to see all of the lighthouse "tour". I usually rent jet skiis on lakes but it seemed that a boat was required to do the lake justice. This is definitely the better choice. I think I will add this to my list of things do yearly. I am fortunate to have a second home in AZ and the lake is only 2 1/2 hrs away. I can't believe I waited so long to take a boat out on the water. I know the lake gets busy during spring break and I will properly keep my visits in the off-season because of the crowds. The staff at Sandbar is great. We have nothing but good things to report. Don't hesitate to choose Sandbar!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had a couple days in LHC so we went with Sandbar for a couple of days - a Bayliner boat one day and jet skis the second.

We are amateurs in every sense of the word and the staff there was very patient and helpful to make sure we would be OK and have a good time. The boat was great for the three of us. If you go, make sure to pay a little more for the raft that you can sit on instead of lying on - big difference! The jet skis were just a blast and made for a great day - you can run all day without having to fill up and good fun for all. Jason and Polly and everyone else was very nice. Say hi to Molly if you go!

1  Thank teameck1