“Great location, needs refreshing, spring break atmosphere on weekends”

London Bridge Resort
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oro Valley, Arizona
“Great location, needs refreshing, spring break atmosphere on weekends”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

If you are planning to stay in Lake Havasu, the London Bridge Resort (do NOT think of this like a "resort" like a "spa" because it is not) is in an ideal location. It is right next to the London Bridge and it is really in the center of town. Easy access to many shops and restaurants and clubs. Many within walking distance.
My quick summary:) If you are in your 20s and planning to be here on a warm weekend, you will love it. If you are with your 30s or 40s with young children you will like it other than on the weekends. If you are 50+ you will like it in the winter.
Bottom line is that it is an older property that is in decent shape but probably is in need of a "major" refreshing. A variety of room sizes are offered and I got a "queen suite" which was a large room with a front "sitting room" with a small but functional kitchen. The furniture is dated, bed slightly uncomfortable, and the walls are THIN. Rooms either have a nice view of the river and bridge (and are louder) or face the parknig lot. Every staff member that I met was friendly and attentive. The staff was really great.
Onsite there is a small store (standard stuff). There are pools and clubs (Kokomo is pool bar and Martini Bar is more "dance club" bar).
I would have reviewed it higher if rooms were more updated and quieter. Great location. Know that this IS going to be a party place on summer weekends.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Korean first
Calistoga, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I been there with my friends last three days and we found that the hotel is not offering the expected level of services..not to mentioned that the staff is too poor and they were latterly unprofessional (the front desc in charge was drunk when we made the booking) and we kept getting charges on our credit cards for unknown reasons and no one could give any clarifications for that..on the check out we had to take our lougages to the car ourselves without getting any hands from the (crew)..i would not recommend anyone to go there after what i been through with the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Naif N
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Its easy for a resort staff to treat you well when things are going right. But what if things go wrong? And boy did things go wrong? We drove to the London Bridge Resort from Phoenix on Sunday 5/20/12. About twenty miles out of town our tire pressure indicator flashed that we were losing tire pressure. Upon arrival, I checked the tires and they all seemed fine. However later that night the rear driverside tire was completely flat!!! And the new cars are not outfitted with a spare. This is where the London Bridge Resort Staff with their friendly service sprang into action. The Concierge advised us that a 'Discount Tire' was right down the road one mile away. She also advised us that with the Golf Course on property would have a compressor to pump up the tire so I could drive there. And thats exactly what happened the next morning. First thing the next morning (6:30am) the staff member mopping the floors took the time to introduce me to the head of maintenance in the maintenance facility. While they pumped up my tire, the front desk arranged for security to pick me up at Discount Tire and bring me back to the resort for a meeting I had, and then to take me back when it was done. They are the friendliest and the most customer service oriented staff we have met in a long long time. Thank you London Bridge Resort !!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Our room which was on the first floor wing on the East side of the Resort (Away from the Lake) was v...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dawn P
Kristina G, Guest Relations Manager at London Bridge Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Hi Dawn,
Our pleasure!!! I'm so glad that we could help you out and thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I hope the next time you visit Lake Havasu you get to enjoy the beauty of the lake instead of dealing with tire issues.

I look forward to your return,
Gardena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

My Family and I Stayed at the resort last month in April.. The Rooms where nice and Clean and Stocked.. We had a Two bed room with a mini Kitchen with a sink and Refrigerator.. Our Room was overlooking the London bridge.. We went during the week Perfect time to Go. This hotel is the Party Hotel if you don't like a little noise this is not a Place for you. They have a mini store in the Hotel, Plus a Club out side by the pool area.Will Get Load on the Weekend. They also have a nice martini Bar/Club so you dont have to go anywhere to get a good Drink. For those who stay in the Hotel get a FREE Breakfast at the Splash Grill..The hotel Staff Was great greeted us upon arrival.. Hotel Manager Kristina Gallo went out of her way to help us out, giving us good info where to go, what to do and the Best Eating Spots during our Stay..Everything is in walking distance from the hotel. Boat rentals,jet sking,and boat tours.They also have there own Marina so if you have a boat you can park it there for a Fee.. Thanks Again Kristina...We will Be Back !!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott A
Kristina G, Guest Relations Manager at London Bridge Resort, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Hi Scott,
So glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay and thanks for sharing! I love that you took advantage of all Lake Havasu has to offer, and it doesn't hurt that we are located right in the heart of it all. I look forward to your return.

Thanks again,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

London Bridge resort is a clean hotel, located right by the river and has a friendly staff. After reading a few of the hotel's reviews I was concerned about staying there. However I realized the negative reviewers traveled through spring break when the town is booked with college students. My advise is to research before traveling to ensure an enjoyable vacation. I will definitely be returning to Lake Havasu and look forward to staying at this hotel.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the review and thanks for giving us a shot after all! I'm glad to hear we exceeded your expectations. Spring Break is challenging for any hotel in Lake Havasu.

I look forward to your return!

Thanks again,
Danville, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I let some time pass before writing a review of the London Bridge Resort to make sure I had a balanced perspective of our stay. Our one-week stay was in the middle of winter, when the climate was nearly perfect and the spring breakers were nowhere to be seen. Our stay came about as a result of a swap from a normally plush Marriott time share. We wanted a vacation for relaxing and exploring that did not require a plane flight.

Even though we did not have a boat, there were plenty of things to do and explore. We went on a wonderful sunset cruise of the lake, took several desert hikes, visited several birding sites, and explored other local sights including some dusty towns on Route 66.. My wife worked on her watercolor paintings while I caught up on my Spanish class homework. So, the vacation itself was great. We had a very good time.

The resort is right in the middle of town, near many restaurants, The London Bridge is directly to the back, although we had mixed feelings about this rather artificial contrivance. There are great walking trails in the area and no lack of outdoors activities. We usually ate breakfast and lunch in while venturing out for dinner. Our unit was at far end from the resort’s restaurant and bar scene, so we did not have any problem with noise (this was a big problem we were told). Our room had two bedrooms, a common bath in between, a living room, a small pocket kitchen, a second bathroom, and a sun deck. The sun deck was simply great at this time of the year but probably only usable at night during the warm months.

The room seemed to be in serious need of a remodel. I would guess that it had not be updated in 10-15 years. The rest of the resort had the same feeling. Some things did not work or were annoying. The main pool closed for maintenance. The midsize refrigerator rattles when it ran. The tub/shower drain could not keep up with the high flow showerheads and you always stood in dirty water. A short shower would exhaust the hot water. There were 2 burners for cooking, a dish washer, a 3 person table (but only 2 chairs) in the kitchen, and small microwave, but no oven. The refrigerator and coffee maker were in the living room. You will have a difficult time feeding more than 4 people in our unit.

We had a good orientation meeting for timeshare owners where vendors presented their excursions. The activities director, Cathy Bullen, was wonderful. She also led us on a walking tour of the area and set up some activities. Our dinner at the resort’s Martini Bay restaurant was average and coincided with a lingerie show. Nearby restaurants within walking distance would be better choices. Prices in this city are very reasonable. The water tastes bad and everybody buys drinking water. Large Safeway and Bashar grocery stories are within short driving distance.

Overall, the vacation was lots of fun, but the resort is tired and in need of renovation. However, this is not a town where posh resorts abound. Another choice is to rent a house, which we were told were plentiful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frankyee
San Marcos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

The London Bridge Resort is located on Queens Bay at Lake Havasu City, Arizona and includes a view of the old London Bridge. The total decor is English Tudor throughout, plus a replica of a Royal Coach in the center of the lobby. Attention to detail is stunning. The resort property features winding walkways, manicured grounds, and hidden gardens. We entered our room to discover a suite in a truly remarkable setting. It was a sunny January with warm temperatures so we could enjoy the 2nd. Annual Havasu Island Balloon Festival. Yes, the sunrise assent of balloons floated directly over the hotel practically nudging the roof. This is a grand resort when you need to enjoy warmth in January.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Kristina G, Guest Relations Manager at London Bridge Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Hi Gene,
Thank you for choosing the London Bridge Resort and I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our property. Seeing the Balloon Festival from the resort is something to be seen! I myself enjoyed watching all the hot air balloons touch down in the bridgewater channel. I hope to see you next year for the 3rd. annual Balloon Festival in January.

Hotel Manager and Director of Guest Experience