“An experience beyond my expectations”

London Bridge Resort
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The London Bridge Resort (LBR) in Lake Havasu City, AZ is a destination well worth the time to book and visit for both Business and Water Sport Recreation. Upon your arrival you are immediately catapulted back in time with the 1762 Gold State Coach replica which is the main center piece of the lobby as you check in for your stay.
I found their staff to be warm, inviting and professional as they accommodated 100% of my requests during a recent business trip. Managing to include some personal time I was amazed at how the LBR transformed my busy work day into a pleasurable vacation destination for both my family and business associates. As a result of my choice to stay here I successfully concluded business, impressed my clients, won my contracts and spent some much needed quality time with my family. The LBR exceeded all my expectations.

Room Tip: You have so many wonderful options when choosing a room at the LBR. Beyond the basic amenities rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tastebuddys
Kristina G, Guest Relations Manager at London Bridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Hi Tastebuddys,
Love the name! I’m glad to hear you were able to mix business with pleasure. Winning your contracts too....that’s icing on the cake. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return.

Thank you for staying!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Recently I had the opportunity to pass through Lake Havasu City for the evening. I was lucky enough to book a room at the London Bridge Resort with an AWESOME view. My room faced over the channel, with a killer view of the London Bridge and the Kokomo Nightclub. I ended up ordering some dinner in-room from the restaurant downstairs: Martini Bay. The food was awesome! I eded up ordering a few appetizers and a flatbread because it all sounded so good. I went downstairs and checked out both Martini Bay and the nightclub Kokomo.

Overall I had a terrific evening and a great stay in Lake Havasu. The staff was great at check in & out, food was delicious, and nightlife was a fun time!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We got stuck when our car broke down and the manager and staff could not have been more helpful.
Facilities ay hotel were good and staff made our short stay far less stressful that it would have been without their care and consideration.
Next time we are in the area we will stay with them.

• Stayed: August 2012
Kristina G, Guest Relations Manager at London Bridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Hello,
Thank you for your review! I’m glad to hear you are ok, I felt so bad for you and your family being stranded in this heat with no place to go on your travels. I’m glad I could at least let you cool off in the pool and experience the water slide during your short stay in Lake Havasu. I hope next time you visit it will be planned.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 14 July 2012

The hotel had a nice master bedroom! I also enjoyed having a kitchen inside the hotel room.
What I didn't enjoy was the pull out bed. It was very uncomfortable, since I have a family of three!
I also didn't like the decor. It needed updating. The carpet was green, and the floors in the kitchen had hair on them. Also when I was at the pool the lifeguards were napping! That made me nervous for the other people that may not be comfortable swimming. The pool was nice, and the slide was very fun. I didn't try any of the restaurants in the hotel, but there are restaurants in walking distance!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 58551Emma01
Reviewed 5 July 2012

It looks nice and clean on the outside but the inside needs some major renovation, Our room as a "studio" and not very large. We had a murphy bed that let down right infront of the couch so you couldn't move around in the room when the bed was down. The television was a old 19 inch which was located in a niche in a kitchen wall. You couldn't see if from the bed, In fact the only place you could see it was from the bar in the kitchen. I was very excited that there was an adults only pool on site, but unfortunately every time we went down to it, it was filled with screaming kids. Our trip was a quick get away from our kids, so it was not good that we had to deal with other peoples children. Not to mention the pool was really dirty with some sort of scum on the water. The free breakfast was held in an off property location and was a nice effort. There were typical breakfast offerings: eggs, meat, fruit, yogurt. The staff were very nice and helpful. On Saturday night of our stay there was a "cage fighting" match so the pool was closed and the bar area was very crowded. It was ok, because we were tired from being on the water all day. It is apparent that this is a timeshare property because everytime I requested something from the staff, I frequently was asked if I was an "owner". Sort of annoying. I probably wouldn't stay here again as it didn't meet my needs.

Room Tip: Dont get a room on the water side or you will hear the nightclub all night long.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauLeePop3545
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Hello,
I’m so sorry to hear you wouldn’t be back. We have many other styles of rooms to offer that would accommodate you. There are only 4 studios on property and I agree they are on the smaller size. I’m not sure if availability was an issue because of the holiday but our 1 bedroom resort suites are much nicer and larger for less than $20 more a night. I’d love for you to give us another chance, please email me at kgallo@londonbridgeresort.com so I can make sure you have a better experience.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed 30 June 2012

The place looks nice outside and inside. It was fairly clean. The staff was superb! Could not have asked for nicer people. However, when we got to the room there was 3 towels, 1 washcloth, and NO hand towels! It took 2 days to get towels and had to ask again about the washcloths. They did not have towels and washcloths so they had to go buy some. A nice place like that should have had plenty of towels, etc. to go around. On top of that the wireless internet was hit and miss, mostly miss. My husband was having to be on conference calls and work on the computer, so their internet was a royal pain. Put that aside and get to the worse pain. The one in our back! The bed was horrible!! The pillows were even worse. In fact they were the worse I have EVER had. They were the caliber that at home I save for dog bedding, or the kids to take on camping trips. I would never stay there again. Very disappointing!

Room Tip: Get a room without a West facing window. The late afternoon sun really heats the room up. Just sta...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandy T
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was so excited to finally get to stay at the London Bridge Resort! We have been avid river rats for about 12 yrs now and always stayed at the Hampton Inn or rented a house with friends. So when we bought the Boat Show deal we thought we'd give this a try.
We love the convenience of the location: boat slips, restaurants, shops, pool!
The staff seems to have a bad rep on some sites but they were friendly to us and helpful. The deor of the rooms is a little dated, but very clean and comfortable. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and had a kitchen with fridge and dishwasher.
The restaurant attatched to the hotel/resort Martini Bay was excellent! We had kids so we didn't stay for the nightlife as it turns into a 21 and over place after 10pm.

Now the downside:
The walls are extremely thin. You can hear your neighbor showering and then the water running, if your not aware of what's going on, you'd think there was a flood coming down the walls! Our neighbors were simply talking and laughing and we could hear there whole conversations! Kids running up and down the halls, and the banging was somethin' else! But when we complained to the front desk, they immediatley sent a security guard (within 2-3 min) and asked the people to stop.

We got free breakfast every morning and it was simple, similar to a Hampton Inn or Comfort Inn breakfast, but it was good and saved our family of 3 $20-$30 a day in sit-down restaurants. The staff of women at Splash cafe all seemed to be perpetually on there period! (We ate there 3 days in a row) They were not friendly, very rude when you asked for the simplest thing such as sugar. They were anal about the 10am cut off for the breakfast, they practically took the plate out of your hand and said "Breakfast is Over!"

However, at the pool we had a Splash employee named Haven who did an amazing job! She was so friendly and apologized for the rude behavior of the other employees at the Cafe. She even comp'd us one drink for the way we were treated. She made the best Long Islands and Pina Coladas! She should be recognized for her outstanding customer service skills!

We'd seriously consider buying into the timeshare, it was that convenient! And when your at the river and wanna get on the water A.S.A.P. this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: If your a family of 3-4 a one bedroom suite will do just fine. It has a Queen sized bed in the seper...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CarrieAnnO
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Hello Carrie,
I’m glad to hear that most of your stay was enjoyable and that you will return. Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your entire experience here. Your feedback is valuable to us. It helps us coach our staff on how to improve our interactions with guests.

We look forward to your return.