“Not a hotel”

London Bridge Resort
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 April 2008

There is alot of confusion regarding this place. It is not a hotel but a timeshare resort that rents out its unused rooms. Hence the lack of service and support, and rundown look. It's a shame too because this place is ideally located.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for London Bridge Resort

Reviewed 15 March 2008

We saw the picture of London Bridge Resort on the Internet, and it was great, and it was also rated 4 Stars, and we paid a lot of money for it for a weekend rate.; however, the place is really run down, and our room was below average, and smell, and the bathroom has Crock Roaches. We made a complained to the staff, and also the manager, but nothing was done. We also write a complained on the service survey at the Resort, but no one has contacted us. My B-Day was ruined.

Stayed: August 2004
1  Thank ChewiePasadena
Reviewed 17 January 2008

hotel is fantastic! It has a great location. The rates are very reasonable. Room's are big with spa bath, nice bar ,good pool ,lake out side what more do you need ??? MORE BEER

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UkHead
Reviewed 8 January 2008

I found this place on Google maps, and they were one of two resorts listed and the most expensive place in town. I thought that would guarantee us a good place.

I have to say upfront that it is not a bad place, just that you expect the most expensive place in town to be more. When we checked in, there is only one male clerk that works there, and he is the most anti-customer service person I have ever run across. We told him that we asked for a river view room, and he told us it was impossible to get one and that there was no way we could have asked for that! Wonderful, so I am a liar!

Once you get past the lobby, the hotel is in very shoddy condition. I remarked to my wife that the the owner must really be enjoying his money someplace, because he is obviously not investing it into his hotel. The elevators look like crap, one of the chairs on the second floor is stitched together with thread, and there was unvacuumed messes all over the floor (and they stayed there for 2 days!).

The rooms are spacious, however they are much the same, kept together with duct tape! You can tell this was a nice resort in 1990, it would be nice if they kept it up. The bathroom had old fixtures that were literally falling off the wall. The furniture was so old it was barely staying together. However we did like the convenience of the kitchenette.

The high speed wireless internet that they advertise does not in any way work. When I asked the front desk about it, the clerk on duty told me to stand on my bed, hold out my arms and pray! Really, she did! Then her excuse was that it was a windy night and blowing her antennas (?) around. She told me that I could come down and sit in the lobby and get it there. Yeah, that's what I want to do! Hang out with you, someone who thinks my hard-earned money is something to joke about! Be right there...

Finally, I came back one night to discover that my room hadn't been cleaned. I went downstairs to ask the front desk, and the one male clerk was working again (just my luck), and he said that he doesn't think that the maids provide service every day. Really, you work here, and you don't think that the maids provide service! Are you sure you work here??? Luckily a manager of some sort (maid service?) was standing nearby and overheard me. He immediately came over and offered to fix the problem (Hey London Bridge, if you read this, you should promote that guy! He was the friendliest in your hotel). I asked him about this, and he said that some of their customers prefer not to be bothered every day. What???? Are you kidding me???? If I go anywhere else in your town, and pay half the price, I am guaranteed room service every day! I have to pay you double not to get it???

Anyway to wrap it all up! It's not a bad place. It just really needs a customer - oriented manager who actually supervises their employees, and an owner who will put a small percentage of the profits back into the place instead of buying a new Beemer every year! Until that happens my advice is don't spend the extra money that this place costs. The owner(s) are just milking you. It really isn't worth it when you can get something much nicer for half the price! And employees who actually will give a crap about you! Because they don't here, you are just a dollar sign to them.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank mar5543
Reviewed 19 December 2007

London Bridge Resort has the ultimate location. I travel for business and it the perfect place to stay. The Resort has a small business center with a secured connection and also has free wifi. The staff is great and helpful. Dottie in the Market is wonderful. The rooms are perfect for me and I really like the patio and Jacuzzi. In December the Resort is all lit up with thousands of lights. It is a really neat place to be.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2007

Two good things about the London Bridge Resort:
(1) It is in an excellent location with the historic London Bridge in front of it.
(2) The beds were suprisingly comfortable.

However, there are many more cons about London Bridge Resort starting with the property is run down. We had a two bedroom condo on the 2nd floor. The floor was tilted due to the building shift and the rotting of the floor. The hallway was uneven with bumps and dips which if not careful someone could lose their footing. The room was decorated "okay" however two of the chairs were pleather. The room's kitchen was seperated with some of the dishes, the stove, microwave, and dishwasher in part of the room. Then in the second part of the room was the remaining dishes and mini-fridge. The windows were missing screens, which made leaving the windows open to enjoy the breeze a buggy-mess.

Although, it is not spring break or summer time, Kokomo the multi-dance floor club within the London Bridge Resort was going full blast on Friday and Saturday nights until 2 AM. Our room just happened to be right above the night club meant for up to 3,000 people (per the London Bridge Resort flyier). Our room bumped and thumped from about 9 pm to 2 am. When we contacted the front desk we were yelled at about a disclaimer that inorder to have a view of the water, we have to put up with the noise, however we were never given a disclaimer. Since it was Sunday morning by the time we contacted the front desk, and the music would not be as loud through the week, we kept our room.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank katie2275
Reviewed 11 August 2007

This was our best year in Lake Havasu yet!! The rooms are nice, as we have always found them; this is our second year staying here. Resort staff was friendly and helpful. There is a small cardio workout area and a business center with 2 computers and printer, there was also wifi. Boat docks were in good shape they are locked at night with lighting and I was able to reserve one for the week again this year. All the popular restaurants are located down the street (a short walk) and the movie theater was there also. We avoid spring break and above the night club, which is most likely why we have a great time. The weekend are busy and the weekdays a very slow paced and quite in town and on the lake/channel. It's a great place if you enjoy the water, if you don't have a boat you can always rent one. We rented the one bedroom deluxe with Spa tub for two one bedroom with king bed and separate living room with pull out queen sleeper, the rooms have kitchenettes.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family