“Summer Kick-Off”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Redding, California
“Summer Kick-Off”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Things are starting to warm up in Havasu so a few of my friends from California came out last weekend. We booked a room at London Bridge Resort for the weekend and we had a blast! Spent the early afternoon hanging by the pool and the water slide, which is SUPER fast! Walked down to the channel in the late afternoon (like 3 min walk), since our buddy had his boat parked down there. Then we headed back up to Martini Bay for happy hour to kick off our evening of fun. Between the lake, the pool, and the killer crowd...I'm ready for summer!

Room Tip: A room with a view of the London Bridge is worth, if you don't mind a little noise.
Green Features: Had signs up about minimizing linen washing & recycling.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BQTraveler
Kristina G, Guest Relations Manager at London Bridge Resort, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Greetings BQ Traveler,
Oh yea…it’s definitely heating up here, come April it’s Summer time in Havasu. Sounds like you had a fun trial run of some LAKE action. Start making some plans to come back, we’re ready for you.
Kristina Gallo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Korean first
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We have just finished our stay in Lake Havasu. This hotel was amazing!! We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite which was huge! It had everthing you could possibly need with a kitchen ,fully stocked with utensils and dishes and everything for cooking...but who wants that on holidays..haha Breakfast was included and terrific Everyone we encountered were very friendly and helpful. This hotel is in a great location! Everything you could possibly need is within walking distance.. A special thanks to Kristina Gallo, the manager for making this trip for my father an extra special one!!! I am very much hoping to visit this hotel again in the future. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the lake havasu area.

Green Features: As I am an environmentally friendly person myself , I appreciated all the efforts of the hotels practices
1 Thank forsberg2222
Kristina G, Guest Relations Manager at London Bridge Resort, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Hi Forsberg2222,
I’m glad we were able to give your father an amazing vacation! That’s what it’s all about! I look forward to your return and thanks for the awesome recommendation for the Resort.
Yours truly,
Arizona
Reviewed 24 April 2013

The positives were the following:

The 1 bedroom kitchenette unit comes with everything you need to make meals & snacks....with the exception of food of course. It also includes mini fridge, a 2 burner stove top, a dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, blender & toaster oven.

A hair dryer & pool towels are in the bathroom.

The master bedroom closet was great! There is where there the bedding & pillows for the fold out couch can be found.

The front desk has Penn tennis rackets & balls that can be used in the tennis court.

The breakfast buffet was standard buffet food & Papa Leone's Pizza was decent as well.

The pool is open from 7am-11pm. The slide is open from 12-6pm.

The rest of this review isn't very great & the Hotel Manager/Director of Guest Experience spent over an hour on the phone with me when I called to share this review with her. She can respond publicly to my review here on TA.

Don't expect to get much sleep at this resort. The walls are so thin that we could hear "everything" through the walls. I do mean more than just loud conversations or the TV blaring if you know what I mean. We could hear the people above us both in our room AND walking around in the hallway above us.

In the room the carpet made our feet itch when walking around barefoot. There are no curtains on the windows, just heavy blinds that let a ton of light into the room at night. The windows have no screens or stop locks so the windows can be opened completely. The air return vent & filters were filthy, as were the closed air supply vents. There was a HUGE crack in the front of the bedroom door & a HUGE crack in the side of the door where the knob is. The fold out couch mattress is four inches thick but the support fabric on the couch was ripped & frayed, a few spring were missing & we had to put the couch cushions, throw pillows & a couple of regular pillows underneath the mattress to make it sleepable for our kids....ages 7 & 11. There was what appeared to be black mold in the light fixture above the bathroom sink. There were mystery stains on the bar chairs & a huge poorly mended hole in the seat of one of the table chairs. There were more mystery stains on the ceiling & wall that could only be seen in certain light. It look as of someone sprayed a soda & over time the dirt in the air was attracted to it & so now it can be seen.

At breakfast, we saw the stars of the TV show Barter Kings at the Splash Grill. They were nice & asked us how breakfast was. We told them it was ok so they asked for a menu. The only people we saw bugging them for pictures were the LBR employees! Sorry, that is pretty unprofessional behavior on the employees part.

The Splash Grill say it's open from 7am-9pm on the in room TV but the sign on the door states the hours are from 7am-2pm.

There are 3 pools, one being an adults only pool. I have no problem with that. I DO have problems with what happened at the pool during our 2 trips to the pool. Our daughter swims but not super well & she became disoriented in the water when she came off the slide. My husband reached over & pulled her out of the way of other guests coming down the slide both for her safety & the safety of the other guests. When he did it the second time, the pool attendant yelled at him. My husband asked if she was going to jump in & save her if she drowned & she told him no she wasn't. Yet it was okay for a guy to swim directly in front of the slide & physically catch his much younger son 2 or three times. The pool attendant said nothing to him until I began complaining loudly to other guests about it. This same attendant said nothing to the teens rough housing on deck at the pools edge, also jumping & diving into the pool when there are signs posted jumping & diving isn't allowed. These teens were so crazy in their behavior that I was standing 3 feet away from the pools edge trying to get a picture of daughter coming down the slide & I was nearly thrown into the pool with my camera around my neck. Nothing was ever said to these kids so we left.

Later in the day we returned & the same guard was there. A short time after we arrived, a group of teens came in with their parents. They were throwing a tennis ball at their own family members as they came down the slide. I didn't have a problem with it until they'd miss the slide & hit the wall with the ball & repeatedly, it nearly hit my kids, myself & other guests in the head! The pool attendants must have though it ok because never once did they mention anything to the offending family about it. When the ball would exit the pool area, the teen boys would just jump over the fence to retrieve the ball. The slide tower attendant even gave the kids a long pole/with net on the end to retrieve the ball more than once. Once they got the ball back, they would toss the ball up to the slide tower attendant & he would participate in their tennis ball game.

Meanwhile another person was talking to my husband bragging about how he comes to the pool every weekend by just reaching his arm over the gate & letting himself in! If the wristbands that we were supposed to get for the pool, that we never received but were asked about by the pool attendant, were utilized then they would know who was an actual guest.

The hot tub area has algae growth in the tiles above the water line. It may not be a health issue but it does reflect poorly on the resort.

My husband stepped on submerged beer cans in the hot tub. He wasn't cut but still...that's just nasty! When we removed them & sat them on the deck, the pool attendant just left them there when she closed up the slide.

When we went to lobby to mention the problems at the pool, the desk clerk acted like he didn't give a care & was actually kind of annoyed with us! This was the first time we approached the desk about ANYTHING !!!

We borrowed the tennis equipment from the front desk & enjoyed the court but on our way back inside, we saw a backpack unattended on the curb by the entryway & NOBODY was around, We told the same desk clerk about it, who still didn't give a hoot, but the concerige heard us & had someone take care of it immediately. We only mentioned it due to all of the tragic events of the previous week. I guess that was somehow WRONG of us?!?!

Once we got done site seeing we were ready for bed. The people in the room above us were walking around & jumping like elephants keeping us up until about 2 am. Just as we got to sleep the party next door began. The people next door had seen us come in on Friday & asked that if they were too loud to just come knock on the door instead of calling security. I let it slide Friday night because they didn't wake up our kids. On Saturday night / Sunday morning though, it DID wake up our kids so I go over in my PJs to let them know. I was greeted by their party guests out in the hallway & the room door open with the music blaring & drunk people everywhere. Still I told the guy about it & if they didn't calm down I'd be calling security. Then some of their party guests started mocking me & threatening me. I returned to my room to call security but nobody at the front desk answered after 2-3 minutes of the phone ringing.

I went down to the front desk only to find a different desk clerk wearing headphones! No, not a one ear phone headset to answer calls but a pair of headphones! It only made me more mad when I saw that. Security came with me to the party room & took care of it. An hour later we had to call security again because they were so loud in the parking lot that they woke my kids up a second time through closed windows! It was obvious that security guard didn't want to deal with it because it took him about 5 minutes to walk through the lot 7 tell them to pipe down. On their way by our window I hear " Better call 911!" They added a nasty name to that but I can't type it or TA probably won't post this review.

About 5:50 am they were in the hallway baiting me to call security again, but I didn't bite. These people were acting crazy! Who knows what they were capable of!

I will never go knock on a persons door to let them know they're being too loud again. I don't care if that's what they ask for, as our neighbors did us. I'll just let security handle it.

I certainly hope that LBR addresses & corrects the problems that revealed themselves to me. I wouldn't recommend this place to ANYONE!

Kristen Gallo

8 Thank Mrymerry
CalSheehy, General Manager at London Bridge Resort, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Mrymerry: Thank you for your review. Guest comments are valuable and provide us with resources to improve our services. It is unfortunate that we did not meet your expectations. Our team is available 24 hours a day to ensure our guest’s needs are met. I can assure you that our entire team is focused on providing amazing experiences in a friendly and accommodating matter.

As you are aware our team addressed your concerns as we became aware of them and spent a great amount of time listening to your feedback.

We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your visit with us, but I can assure that the experience you describe is not ordinary.

We pride ourselves in achieving superior guest experiences. I apologize that we were not able to provide that to you and your family.
Wilbraham, Massachusetts, Usa
Reviewed 3 April 2013

At check in, we were told that our unit would provide a great view. This was true, but we hadn't been told that we were directly above a nightclub and our ears wouldn't stop vibrating until after 2:30 am. They have packaged ear plugs available but they were no help. A great place for college spring break, I suppose, but not for us.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wilbraham_13
Kristina G, Guest Relations Manager at London Bridge Resort, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Hello Wilbraham_13,
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear that you were not informed by the front desk regarding noise in the view suites. This is not the norm and we do train our staff to inform the guests of the noise at the time of reservation and at check in. Our view suites are quite noisy on Friday and Saturday nights but Sunday to Thursday is super quiet. Once again apologize on their behalf for not informing you. I hope that you will give us another chance should you visit the area again.
My sincerest apologies,
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We booked the London Bridge Resort last minute. They placed us in a suite with a pull out couch. It was lively with people in the Hotel having a great time! We really enjoyed how close it was to the water. It was probably the nicest Hotel in Havasu.

Hello Thomas C,
Thank you so much for your review, I’m glad to hear we were able to squeeze you in. March and April are definitely some lively months in Lake Havasu; glad to hear you enjoyed the fun atmosphere. I look forward to your return and thank you again for the positive feedback.
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Went to LBR for Spring Break 2013! Went with a large group of people and had a blast! We did paddle-boarding on the canal! Hung out on a pontoon boat on the canal two days. There are three pools, a hot tub, and a water slide! I was definitely not ready to leave. We had an amazing room! Two bedrooms, a balcony and a private rooftop balcony. There was a spectacular view of the canal and the London Bridge. The resort is very close to a lot of fun places to go, in fact there is a club-Kokomo- attached to the resort with it's own pool for 21 and overs. The Martini Bay restaurant is cozy- with two built-in fireplaces located in the outdoor seating area and the food is amazing. There are other restaurants within walking distance if you prefer to eat somewhere else. The staff at the resort were extremely respectful and helpful. They went above and beyond to make you comfortable and to make sure you have a spectacular time! I will definitely be returning again in the future! Thank you to the staff of LBR! :D

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer V
Hi Jennifer V,
I’m so glad to hear you had such an awesome time! Sounds like you experienced all of what Lake Havasu has to offer. I’ve stayed at the Resort myself and I totally agree with you. There is so much going on here, there is no way you could be bored. Come back this summer….it’s just as outrageous!
Sidney, Montana
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Spent four great days in Lake Havasu over Spring break with a group of my Friends. We rented several of the 2 bedroom suites at the London Bridge Resort. The suite were amazing. There were two seperate bedrooms with two seperate bathrooms. There is a spiral staircase that lead up to a rooftop deck. The view from the deck was gorgeous. We spent the late evenings up on the rooftop watching the sunset and hanging out. The Resort has two great pools, One with a waterslide that appeared to be brand new. We enjoyed a great dinner at the Hotel's restaurant & Bar called Martini Bay. The food was great and the staff extremely friendly. One of the highlights of the trip was partying at Kokomo, the Resorts outdoor Nightclub. The Club was really hopping and they had a famous DJ in to perform for the weekend. Lake Havasu is a fun, beautiful place to visit. I will definitly be back to the London Bridge Resort.

Room Tip: The Two Bedroom Suite with the Rooftop Decks are the best choice!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Michael,
Oh yea…if you want a gorgeous view….the 2 Bedroom Bridgeview is where it’s at. It’s also awesome people watching from there, with a full view of the channel, swimming pools and night clubs there is never a dull moment. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your Spring Break, we’ll see you in 2014???
Take care,