“Only suitable for folks used to staying at 3 star and below properties”

London Bridge Resort
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 June 2008

My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom and were extremely disappointed. They put us into a smoking room even though thats not what we booked and responded that they were sold out so they couldn't move us. The room smelled bad and the furniture is old, outdated and poorly maintained. I picked up the phone to call the front desk and was entirely grossed out. There was gunky stuff on the earpiece, and the phone key pad was covered with gooey yellow orange stuff. The flatware in the drawer was also covered with dried food. There were cups missing, no wine glasses and corkscrew. We called the housekeeping department numerous times and they still never brought them up though the inventory sheet indicated that we would be responsible for missing items. The toilet overflowed and the floor was covered with an inch of water. All housekeeping did was send throw some towels over it and leave. We called the guy back to disinfect it, and he came back and sprayed something on the ground and left. We noticed that there was still a lot of water puddled under the sink and we asked housekeeping to come back and mop the floor since we threw more towels on top of it. Housekeeping mopped a little around the toilet and didn't continue to clean under the sink. They left it as is. Our DVD player hasn't worked for two days and they still haven't figured it out and we still aren't able to watch movies. If you are used to staying in 4 star and above hotels, this play will totally gross you out. This place is good for young partiers and families that are used to staying in 3 star and below properties. PS the sponge they give you to wash the dishes was used and old. This is not hygenic. The blinds are old plastic ones so if you like to sleep late and can't when fill sun comes through the windows, you may have a problem. Our room faced the parking lot and we could hear people all night coming and going. It was very loud. I can't say one good thing about this property aside from the location and the Martini Bar.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CaliforniaNancy

Reviewed 10 June 2008

Went there for a bachelor party, had 2 two-room suites with the rooftop balconies, which were great for partying. From the beginning (calling for information and reservations) the desk clerks were very nice and helpful and that continued throughout the stay, putting up with us without a problem.

I can't really comment on the cleanliness or furniture or beds or anything like that because it was all fine as far as we were concerned, typical hotel stuff. No bad experiences there. We drove there in a RV and they let us park it in their parking lot (not allowed to sleep in it though).

Kokomos was pretty dead on Friday night but Saturday picked up some, still not as crazy as during spring break or other times I heard. The bar at Martini Bay was a nice alternative with a little bit older crowd but more relaxed. It was fun to go back and forth throughout the night (closing time 2am).

Also ate dinner on the patio at Martini Bay and everyone agreed the food and service was excellent, all very friendly. There are also a lot of restaurants and fast food places and even a supermarket and Starbucks all within walking distance.

Overall, we were there for fun and we had a great time. The hotel was very accomodating and seemed happy to have us there. In the same situation I would definitely go back there again.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 29 April 2008

We felt that the property was a bit outdated. Some of the common areas were dusty, dirty or not well maintained. The pool looked dirty, scuffed and the tiles needed cleaning too. Umbrellas were broken, chairs were dingy, and the waterfall didnt work properly. We found out days later that the pool was suppose to be heated, but no one checked this, so we swam in the cold. The jacuzzi was uncomfortably super hot!! Our room was nice, but some of the furniture needed TLC too, such as the cushions on the dinning chairs. We did ask for an upgrade, and were told they were sold out, and no rooms available. However the hotel was not busy at all, and we had no neighbors nearby the whole time we stayed. Until the last night, we were very aware of this. Our requests were mostly accommodated, but with very little enthusiasm and no really friendly customer service. It was all done as a "matter of fact". Some of the staff were loud and boisterous, and didnt seem to notice you or acknowledge you while at the counter. The area was noisy too with the constant roar of speedboats. I would stay at another location away form the bridge, as it was really, really noisy on the weekends. During the week it was quieter. We did not know this before we came. We are older, and this place seemed to attract a younger, and rougher type of crowd.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank artqueen
Reviewed 12 April 2008

There is alot of confusion regarding this place. It is not a hotel but a timeshare resort that rents out its unused rooms. Hence the lack of service and support, and rundown look. It's a shame too because this place is ideally located.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2008

We saw the picture of London Bridge Resort on the Internet, and it was great, and it was also rated 4 Stars, and we paid a lot of money for it for a weekend rate.; however, the place is really run down, and our room was below average, and smell, and the bathroom has Crock Roaches. We made a complained to the staff, and also the manager, but nothing was done. We also write a complained on the service survey at the Resort, but no one has contacted us. My B-Day was ruined.

Stayed: August 2004
1  Thank ChewiePasadena
Reviewed 17 January 2008

hotel is fantastic! It has a great location. The rates are very reasonable. Room's are big with spa bath, nice bar ,good pool ,lake out side what more do you need ??? MORE BEER

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UkHead
Reviewed 8 January 2008

I found this place on Google maps, and they were one of two resorts listed and the most expensive place in town. I thought that would guarantee us a good place.

I have to say upfront that it is not a bad place, just that you expect the most expensive place in town to be more. When we checked in, there is only one male clerk that works there, and he is the most anti-customer service person I have ever run across. We told him that we asked for a river view room, and he told us it was impossible to get one and that there was no way we could have asked for that! Wonderful, so I am a liar!

Once you get past the lobby, the hotel is in very shoddy condition. I remarked to my wife that the the owner must really be enjoying his money someplace, because he is obviously not investing it into his hotel. The elevators look like crap, one of the chairs on the second floor is stitched together with thread, and there was unvacuumed messes all over the floor (and they stayed there for 2 days!).

The rooms are spacious, however they are much the same, kept together with duct tape! You can tell this was a nice resort in 1990, it would be nice if they kept it up. The bathroom had old fixtures that were literally falling off the wall. The furniture was so old it was barely staying together. However we did like the convenience of the kitchenette.

The high speed wireless internet that they advertise does not in any way work. When I asked the front desk about it, the clerk on duty told me to stand on my bed, hold out my arms and pray! Really, she did! Then her excuse was that it was a windy night and blowing her antennas (?) around. She told me that I could come down and sit in the lobby and get it there. Yeah, that's what I want to do! Hang out with you, someone who thinks my hard-earned money is something to joke about! Be right there...

Finally, I came back one night to discover that my room hadn't been cleaned. I went downstairs to ask the front desk, and the one male clerk was working again (just my luck), and he said that he doesn't think that the maids provide service every day. Really, you work here, and you don't think that the maids provide service! Are you sure you work here??? Luckily a manager of some sort (maid service?) was standing nearby and overheard me. He immediately came over and offered to fix the problem (Hey London Bridge, if you read this, you should promote that guy! He was the friendliest in your hotel). I asked him about this, and he said that some of their customers prefer not to be bothered every day. What???? Are you kidding me???? If I go anywhere else in your town, and pay half the price, I am guaranteed room service every day! I have to pay you double not to get it???

Anyway to wrap it all up! It's not a bad place. It just really needs a customer - oriented manager who actually supervises their employees, and an owner who will put a small percentage of the profits back into the place instead of buying a new Beemer every year! Until that happens my advice is don't spend the extra money that this place costs. The owner(s) are just milking you. It really isn't worth it when you can get something much nicer for half the price! And employees who actually will give a crap about you! Because they don't here, you are just a dollar sign to them.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family