“Great for pets...bad for people”
Review of Island Inn Hotel

Island Inn Hotel
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took advantage of a Groupon deal and stayed at the Island Inn for two nights. Our experience was ok for what we paid.

The good:
- The staff is pretty amazing. Myra (spelling?) checked us in and was very nice, knowledgable and accommodating. She answered all of our questions and gave us great resources to plan our weekend festivities! She was really great. All of the staff throughout the weekend was pretty great.
- We were very excited to have been able to bring our dogs. The fee is a $10 flat rate per dog. There is a great dog park near by and tons do to with our dogs. We really loved that we could include them in this quick weekend getaway. The staff were all engaged and were animal lovers. There are grassy areas and plenty of places to walk our little guys.
- Location is great. It's on the island and close to everything. We had easy access to everything.
- Our intention on this trip was a nice, relaxing weekend getaway and the Island Inn provided that. When we were here it was quiet and relaxing.

The bad:
- The room stinks. Obviously, as a pet friendly inn some rooms have seen better days. We stayed with our pets all weekend and walked them tons but I believe others may have left their pets in the rooms and the carpets have paid the price. Unfortunately, this is a huge negative for me. I don't know if all rooms are pet friendly, but the one we were in definitely was and has been for years. This significantly impacted our stay.
- Cleanliness was not great. You get what you pay for. We walked in to a tidy room with everything in its place, but I felt dirty in the room which affected our ability to be completely comfortable.
- Little things matter. The shampoo bottle left for us was half empty. Obviously we got plenty when asked but still. The towels are small and a little ratty. There is no iron or ironing board. I was able to get an iron at the front desk but there was no ironing board. All calls, even local, are 25 cents. I'm sure everyone has a cell but still weird.

The obvious:
- The inn is outdated. Time and many many guests over the years have contributed to the condition of the rooms. I think they would do really well when the rooms are updated. It would solve the smell and cleanliness concerns...at least for awhile I guess.

Anyway, it's not a 5 star hotel so set your expectations accordingly. It was an ok experience for what we paid and have another weekend voucher that we will not be using. We are out the money we already paid for the second stay and we will gladly take the hit to not have to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The carpet is sticky! The evening help is a zombie. I would rather stay at the hotel Jack Nicholson stayed in the Shining. Can you say bed bugs!!! We had a room with 2 doubles and asked to change to a room with a bigger bed. They said it would cost more. Mind you, the hotel was almost completely empty!

• Stayed: September 2013
Naura J, Public Relations Manager at Island Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for advising us of your dissatisfaction towards our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. We understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

My room was very clean With an excellent view. the young lady at the counter I think she was the manager was very informative on what was around the area which me and my family relaxed at the beach next door also rented jet skis down there. we can't wait till next year.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Havasuking

We appreciate your kind comments and hope we have another opportunity to see you again. Please let us know about your visit. Please let us know if we can ever be of any assistance - we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

literally! very tacky. dirty carpets +++ no problems with staff, they just need ALOT of updating. they are always near empty in the middle of summer - what does that tell you? we have stayed twice over the last two summers but this last trip was our last.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Naura J, Public Relations Manager at Island Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of the staff. We are working on updating many factors and the amenities of this property. If you are to join us again we hope to exceed your expectations and make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Your comments serve to encourage our team members to continue to make every effort to provide you, our guests with the best in hotel hospitality and great customer service.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I was actually trying to find another hotel, but could not. I stayed here because I was too exhausted to drive anymore.
The walls were definitely thin. I heard other peoples televisions. Thankfully, there weren't people partying and it was just tvs.

I found it to be just fine. Decent size. The front desk guy made sure I got a good deal on the price of the room, which was great! My friend and I got there on the later side and he was very helpful finding us a place that delivered a pizza. That was so nice!!!

Since my stay in Lake Havasu was spontaneous, I don't know what there is to do in the town, so am not sure if the hotel is centrally located. It worked fine for me, though!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank JLA1
Naura J, Public Relations Manager at Island Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for your review. We are continually striving to improve our hospitality; comments from our guests are always welcome. You are our most vital resource.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I have never written a review before but feel compelled to warn anyone considering this hotel.
The location is great right near the Lake and all the activies and beach plus THE BRIDGE.

First of all they didn't have our month old reservations. It took them awhile to get us checked in.
The DARK carpet was badly stained, smelled of urine and the bathroom fan sounded like an airplane was taking off, plus there was a hair on the bathroom linen We actually checked in to two different rooms, giving it a chance!!

The staff was polite and accommodating. It is a shame that they have to work in such a place. I was tempted to warn othes as they were checking in especially people with children.

The Travel Lodge up the street was excellent on 5 minute notice although the location wasn't with a view, we felt clean and cool with a continent breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank jwbrthless

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. We value our guest feedback and are constantly working to better our property. We are glad the staff was able to help you and hope to have you back in Havasu in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Beds are very hard. When you're in the business of providing a place for people to sleep you would think that the first thing they would do is provide a very comfortable bed. Otherwise, the front desk person was very nice. The room was clean and the balcony was nice.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends