My husband and I took advantage of a Groupon deal and stayed at the Island Inn for two nights. Our experience was ok for what we paid.
- The staff is pretty amazing. Myra (spelling?) checked us in and was very nice, knowledgable and accommodating. She answered all of our questions and gave us great resources to plan our weekend festivities! She was really great. All of the staff throughout the weekend was pretty great.
- We were very excited to have been able to bring our dogs. The fee is a $10 flat rate per dog. There is a great dog park near by and tons do to with our dogs. We really loved that we could include them in this quick weekend getaway. The staff were all engaged and were animal lovers. There are grassy areas and plenty of places to walk our little guys.
- Location is great. It's on the island and close to everything. We had easy access to everything.
- Our intention on this trip was a nice, relaxing weekend getaway and the Island Inn provided that. When we were here it was quiet and relaxing.
- The room stinks. Obviously, as a pet friendly inn some rooms have seen better days. We stayed with our pets all weekend and walked them tons but I believe others may have left their pets in the rooms and the carpets have paid the price. Unfortunately, this is a huge negative for me. I don't know if all rooms are pet friendly, but the one we were in definitely was and has been for years. This significantly impacted our stay.
- Cleanliness was not great. You get what you pay for. We walked in to a tidy room with everything in its place, but I felt dirty in the room which affected our ability to be completely comfortable.
- Little things matter. The shampoo bottle left for us was half empty. Obviously we got plenty when asked but still. The towels are small and a little ratty. There is no iron or ironing board. I was able to get an iron at the front desk but there was no ironing board. All calls, even local, are 25 cents. I'm sure everyone has a cell but still weird.
- The inn is outdated. Time and many many guests over the years have contributed to the condition of the rooms. I think they would do really well when the rooms are updated. It would solve the smell and cleanliness concerns...at least for awhile I guess.
Anyway, it's not a 5 star hotel so set your expectations accordingly. It was an ok experience for what we paid and have another weekend voucher that we will not be using. We are out the money we already paid for the second stay and we will gladly take the hit to not have to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Inn Lake Havasu City is a comfortable hotel conveniently located only 5.3mi (8.5km) from the center of Lake Havasu City. Local places of interest include London Bridge. There are 117 well-appointed, air-conditioned rooms at Island Inn Lake Havasu City. Guests of the hotel can make use of the following room facilities: clock radio, climate control and direct-dial phone. Additional amenities in the rooms include desk and blackout drapes/curtains. Bathroom amenities include hair dryer, complimentary toiletries and shower/tub combination . Entertainment: Island Inn Lake Havasu City features in-room facilities such as cable television service. Housekeeping services are provided. Our hotel provides a 24-hour front desk service. Public areas of Island Inn Lake Havasu City are comfortable and air-conditioned. Leisure amenities : The hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool. Additional services: elevator/lift, laundry facilities . Hotel guests can enjoy free parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Island Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Hotel Lake Havasu City
- Island Inn Lake Havasu City
- Island Inn Hotel Lake Havasu City, Arizona