“Great view of the bay, walk to the channel”
Review of Island Inn Hotel

Island Inn Hotel
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Los Angeles, California
“Great view of the bay, walk to the channel”
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The hotel was clean and the Help was friendly. Great location, close to everything. We could walk to the channel and watch the boats and walk under the London Bridge

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed 10 August 2010

My family and I have been going to the Island Inn every summer, for over 10 years. It was great in the beginning, however throughout the years not much work has been done to keep up the rooms. Although the rooms are clean, the staff (caucasian large male) at check-in is obviously not customer service trained. This is the third time he has been rude and unpleasant........ and to top it off, raised the room rate after we were quoted less over the phone. So sad to say this was the last time my extended family and I will be staying at the Island Inn. I'd rather pay more, and be treated like a guest, not a nusiance!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Lake Havasu City hotels

Tehachapi
Reviewed 5 April 2010

My wife and I have stayed here many times. We bring our boat and the put in is free and very close to the hotel. As well the beach and bridge are a stones throw. The room has always been clean and the new Sushi bar is really good with great service. We always enjoy the hotel and the close location to the local bars, night life and most importantly the water. Is there better? I'm sure there is but double the price!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Greeley, Co
Reviewed 19 March 2010

The room could use some referbishing, however, it was clean an our third floor balcony overlooked the pool and the lake and the beautiful sunset was great! It was extremly a good value and the staff was very accomodating. We would probably stay ther again

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 26 October 2009

From the pictures I could tell that it was an older hotel, pretty outdated but it was for work so I didnt have a choice. My room smelt like pee when I first walked in. The bathroom wasnt the cleanest. The bathtub had blue scum around the drain. There is only one accessible outlet in the room which is behind the refridgerator and microwave, so you have to unplug one of those to plug something in. I had to switch off from charging my phone to charging my laptop, very inconvenient.

They claim they have Wireless internet but it was seldom that I actually got to use it. I think there was only 4 other rooms being occupied on my floor and if more than one person was on the internet it said that the system was full.... I tried at 6am, 2pm and after 11pm, all different times I was unable to access the internet.

A co worker and I decided to try the cafe that is in the hotel. We gave ourselves an hour to eat before we had to be at work. There was only 2 other tables besides ours and it took 55 minutes to get a basic breakfast. The food wasnt anything spectacularly, the service was horrible. If you have alot of time to eat, then check it out but I wouldnt waste your time or money.

Another thing that was frustrating was that my room keys were so sensitive to everything that they would deactivate anytime it was in my purse. So, everytime I went back to my room, I would have to go downstairs and get it re-activated. It was no where near my cell phone or my credit cards and it still deactivated at least once a day. I stayed there a week.

So, if you can avoid staying at this hotel I would recommend you stay somewhere else. It needs to be updated, I was sent back to 1986 when I walked in the room and saw the decor.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank vbramlage
Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 September 2009

This Hotel was a great value and in a real nice location. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Our double size beds were very comfortable. The staff was nice and helpful. They brought us extra towels very quickly. The parking was free and easy access to the hotel loby. I was not sure where to stay in this town but we were lucky to find this hotel. We would stay at this hotel again when ever we come back to Lake Havasu. The only con that I can think of is the the hotel loby has a fishey smell. If you can overlook this, this hotel is will be a pleasont suprise.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
San Diego
Reviewed 1 September 2009

The entire hotel experience was good to excellent. The staff treated us with respect, sensitivity, and was responsive to every request and inquiry. The room was spacious, clean to a fault, contained modern furnishings, freshly painted and well maintained. There are little flaws, but for its age it's in remarkable condition. No, it's not the Bellagio. But, the low price was an incredible value. I would rate it on or slightly above par with Hampton, Holiday Inn, etc. Our balcony had a view of the pool, rear parking lot, and of the lake. It's a perfect choice when you want to watch over your boat and truck from your room view. We needed to be near the local boat launch on the island, so we found it to be the perfect location. The London Bridge, restaurants and shops are close by, but on a hot day, they're a little too far to walk to. This is a quiet location, so if you want to party-hardy, you might want choose another place. But if you need a cool, clean, fresh, and spacious get-away, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple