“Fabulous Lunch”

Kalispell, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Lunch”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just ate lunch at the College Street Brewhouse & Pub and it was an A+ experience. The food was terrific, the service was excellent and the place was clean, quiet and delightful. We can't wait to return. Highly recommend this place. Gluten Free friendly!!

• Visited March 2014

Yuma, Arizona
“Top-Notch Burger for Sure”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Got there on a Monday night in early March and the garage door to the patio was open. The vibe of this place was pretty young and hip, but there were a number of snowbirds there as well so it obviously reached a pretty big audience. The decor was about what you'd expect (a big window to see the brewery and a big central bar), but it was nicely furnished and the high ceiling made it oddly cozy. I don't drink, so the beer menu was lost on me, but my dinner companions sampled a few and seemed quite happy. I ordered the Barnyard Burger (a traditional burger with an egg and some bacon) and was immediately impressed. It came out of the kitchen in good time and it was perfectly cooked (just a touch of pink in the very center). The egg broke and drizzled all over the burger and made a huge mess, but that is exactly what you want. The beer-batter fries were also quite good with a nice crunch and an appealing seasoning. The price was a little steep for a burger, but I enjoyed it so much, I happily paid the bill. If I go back, I will be struggling mightily as the calzone and some other sandwiches all looked delicious as they wafted by.

• Visited March 2014
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Great beer and good food.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I agree with the other reviewers the Big Blue Van beer rocks! It's the best beer of all the breweries in town. Food is pretty good but not great. The pastrami sandwich is the best thing I've found so far. Service is pretty good. Place is clean.

Bellingham, Washington
“A gem for Havasu”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Outstanding beer selection and pub food, very gastro-pub in terms of quality ingredients and creative combinations (the side salad provided in place of fries was bibb and other lettuces tossed in a house-made vinaigrette with blue cheese and walnuts, as an example) in a way that's well above the norm anywhere but especially for a town where the chain cafeteria Golden Corral is way too popular.

Atmosphere is casual, and the decor rock-oriented sophistication--very cooling in the Havasu heat.

We were just visitors passing through, but if I were a local this is where I'd be every time I didn't feel like cooking!

• Visited January 2014
Cadillac, Michigan
“Great Beer”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I had the big blue van beer (blueberry, vanilla) and it was great. I also had the shrimp scampi which was quite lemony, but very good. My husband had the 10 oz top sirloin and declared it melt in your mouth. Service was great. We had a short wait for a table, but for a Friday night it was not too long. Nice place, we will return.

• Visited January 2014