“living in Havasu”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“living in Havasu”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

If you live in Havasu or if you have visited here you more like know the temperature . I ended up in a hotel due to the fact my a/c went out in my house . I could not have chosen a better place for my family to be at. The breakfast was great my children loved the fact there were waffles. The rooms had a lot of space to put food, and the fridge at first i thought it was small was i worng ...But most important the a/c worked just great i had lower it in the night because we would get a bit cold. The staff was a very friendly and attentive to our needs, Overall this a great place to stay wether you are vacationing or like me run into a problem.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank selrey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The woman that checked us in was very nice and the room was much better than I expected for this great of a price. I was concerned that the refrigerator would be too small and that was definitely not an issue. It held 15 cans of beer, 8 bottles of water and still had plenty of room for stuff. The bed was really comfortable too and the TV got plenty of channels. It was an old school TV, no flat screen, but who really cares, I can watch my flat screen at home. The free breakfast was a deal too, they even had a make your own waffle station. The muffins were good and the only thing lacking was real OJ, but Tang is my boyfriends favorite so no complaints from him. I can't remember when I've paid under $70 a night to stay anywhere and with the great friendly service, a comfortable bed, a nice kitchenette with a toaster, and coffee pot, I won’t hesitate to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank incorrigibleangel
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Ok folks stop looking around. This is the place for comfort, value, friendliness & Clean as a whistle. you won't be disapointed. Best in Havasu by far for the price and I should know as I live here. As good as the hampton inn for about half the price and cleaner in my opinion. That's no knock on the hampton inn I love the place but this is now my new favorite. It's amazing living here and not knowing about the great value here. Check it out you won't be sorry. 5 stars out of 5 in my book also bring your boat to launch for free in Lake Havasu with your daily room rental. That's another $20.00 savings daily. Bring your own food, drinks, etc. you have both a microwave & fridge in every room. Wow!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mackeysback
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We stayed two nights at this motel in May 2011 with our four month old baby on her first road trip. The property was nothing special, and our room smelled strongly of mildew. The complementary breakfast was nothing but carbs and sugar laden rolls and generic cereal but all of those facts are acceptable in my mind from a motel. What is completely unacceptable is the fact that two days after I left I noticed the motel had put a $100 charge on my credit card. I contacted them to ask what the charge was and they informed me they were charging me the fee because I smoked in a non-smoking room. That is a bit confusing because I don't smoke, never have. When I told them that they flatly denied me a refund. This is fraud, plain and simple. Did they think I wouldn't catch the charge on my credit card bill? It's very sleazy to try and overcharge like that but it's downright criminal to just fabricate something and then stand by it! I am disgusted by this scumbag family and their fraudulent motel. Avoid at all costs!! I disputed the charge on the credit card, but have not yet been credited back for it.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Skyminor
island_suites, Manager at Island Suites, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Thankyou for writing your experience at our hotel stay as we did call you to mention about the charges for smoking in the non-smoking room over the phone but unfortunately no one picked up the phone as it is the hotel policy to charge $150.00 but we still charged only $100.00. Also there is a sign in all the non-smoking rooms about these charges if you smoke in the non-smoking room. Also it is very hard for the other guests who request a non-smoking room and smell the odor of smoke. These charges are for cleaning purpose where hotel needs to shut down that room for a certain period until the odor is gone. Also you can call the hotel for details. thanks, Manager, Island suites.

Travellers are raving about these Lake Havasu City hotels

Vermont
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Spent 2 nights at the Island Suites in Lake Havasu City. The room was clean, it was quiet and the pool was nice. The internet worked fine using our laptop in our room. People at the front desk were very accomodating. The refirigerator and extra space was very nice and the price was excellent. Convienent to dining, shopping and london bridge. We went on a nice boat tour to Copper Canyon too. Basic motel - not a 5 star resort but great deal for the price.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blondie46Vermont
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Our suite was spacious and one could imagine staying here long term. It was very clean and had good light. Many of the fellow guests were snowbirds and very friendly. Unfortunately we only had one night. The hotel is in walking distance to London Bridge and parks on Havasu Island, the downtown area and many shops. We would definitely stay here again. The hotel across the street had a very good restaurant so no need to drive at night. The pool looked inviting and there were even barbecues to use.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shay047
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed 14 November 2010

They claim wireless high-speed internet, but it is only available in the lobby if your room is more than 5 away from the lobby.
The bathtub was dirty and there was mold on the wall above the tiles.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo