“Good stopover option”

Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Ok Lake Havasu is a bit dreary but as a one night stopover then not bad.

Hotel is v good, well impressed with Hampton Inn chain, hadnt used them before this trip. Particularly impressed with friendliness of staff at both Hamptons we stayed at, it makes such a difference.

We had discovered that to get to the lake with one excpetion you had to pay to enter a state park ! Seems a bit strange to a foreigner, not least as it doesnt feel like a state park, its just a reservoir afetr all. Anyway , we realised with the Hampton that you can sneak throught the scrub behind the hotel through to the nicely laid out beach (please dont shop me !) and go for a swim. V nice.

Room was good, top floor with a view over lake.

Breakfast adequate.

Room Tip: Dont be afraid of asking for a high-floor , lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Welcome to the Hampton brand and thank you for sharing comments about your recent visit to Lake Havasu. All Hampton hotels stand by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and we reallhy appreciate your acknowledgememt of jobs well done. I hope youi have many wonderful future visits at Hampton hotels.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

While traveling on business, I stay at the Hampton Inn Lake Havasu at least 1-2 times a month and have done so for many years. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are always very clean. The breakfast is in line with the Hampton Inn brand and offers a nice array of choices for all tastes. The evening happy hour is a very nice touch that sets this property apart from most other Hampton properties. The older exercise room has been sufficient to get in a quick workout, but I am excited to try out the new workout facility that is opening soon. The only thing that could improve for me is although I have been a Hilton Diamond member since the early 90's, it is very rare that I receive a complimentary upgrade at this property. I never expect it, so I'm not disappointed, but it is the one area that this location is not in line with others in the chain.

Room Tip: There are several excellent restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. I recommend Barl...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AZSunlover
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thanks for your many visits and for taking the time to share your comments. We're very excited for our new fitness room, too, and hope you will let us know what you think when it is open. We do try to upgrade our loyal guests whenever availability allows, and I will review this with the team to make sure the proper procedures are being followed. We hope to be able to welcome you back and thank you in person very soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I do a great deal of traveling in my career and visit this hotel every other week for one or two nights. It sits close to the Colorado River where there is a lot of boating and water activities. However, even though you can view these activities it is still quiet and very clean. The people who work here know your needs and will do all they can to meet those needs. Very friendly staff and always welcome me with open arms when I arrive. They even know which room is my favorite and always accomodate me with it. Breakfast is free and delicious and there are several restaurants close by that are very popular here in Lake Havasu. The employees do all they can to make your stay very enjoyable. Very clean rooms and comfortable beds, free internet & as mentioned free breakfast. Great place! Thanks especially to Liz and Jerry who have been here a long time and know how to best serve you.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on higher floor for best view of the Colorado River
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your many visits and nice review. We really enjoy getting to know our guests, and making sure that everyone is comfortable here. Liz and Jerry are two of our best, and I'll be sure that they receive the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. We all appreciate your acknowledgement of jobs well done by our team here. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again and again and again...

Reviewed 12 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here while we were traveling from Georgia to California per military orders. The hotel was very clean along with the rooms. The check-in staff was very helpful. The halls were very warm but it was very warm outside.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jnydvs
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Thank you very much for your service to our country, and for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip. It is hard to escape the summer heat here, and we appreciate your understanding. I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy yourselves while you were here, and hope you will choose us again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

The hotel is clean and beds are comfortable. We were there in July and it was a hot week in the 100's, so the hotel halls and especially the elevator were very hot. At least the breakfast area and lobby were air conditioned, and of course each room has it's own a/c unit. The a/c is a little annoying in that it cycles on and off, but there is a fan running constantly, but once the a/c kicks on it becomes louder and if your a light sleeper like me it can wake you up. So I had to keep it cold all night so the a/c part would stay on constantly. The only other drawback was that the pool was literally too warm to swim in on the hot days we were there, we stayed two nights so on our first day there we requested they turn off the pool heater so that at least by our second day it would cool down, but they said no they couldn't do that. So even though the pool would have been a nice way to cool down it was not an option, since swimming in it would almost make you faint. We have stayed at this hotel in October and none of these heat issues were relevant -obviously since it's cooler weather in October. They allow pets of all sizes at this hotel, we even saw a Great Dane coming in on the day we were leaving. We've experienced dog barking up to midnight the time we stayed there in October, but this time no one was next to us, thank goodness.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tucladyfun42
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Thank you for your return visit, and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry for the confusion about the pool heater - we don't have the pool heated at all in the summer - it seems Mother Nature takes care of that, and I apologize for any rude behavior you may have experienced during your discussion with our team. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation, and hope that you will give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in Lake Havasu.

Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

Staff very friendly. We stayed as a stopover en route from LA to grand canyon

Breakfast was a bonus

Did no explore the town it was 115

I can't imagine using this as anything other than as a stopover and for this it was perfect with one exception the air conditioning was extremely loud

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank BillyBushead

Thanks for choosing us as your stopover hotel, and for sharing your comments. I'm glad you were happy here, and hope that you will give us a chance to show you the wide variety of things to see and do here, then next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed here on route to LA from the Grand Canyon in Aug 2011. We had no idea about Lake Havasu and stopped because our travel agent said that we should break the long drive into two days, so we had no expectations at all. The absolutely stunning thing about LH is not the London Bridge (which is great!) but the searing heat! It was 44 deg C but we did not realise until stepping out of the airconed car........I really thought my contact lenses were going to melt to my eyeballs! Unreal.
The hotel was very welcoming with free doughnuts for guests which was just what hungry travellers need on arrival. The room we had was a good size with two big double beds to house the 4 of us. The only issue was a noisy Aircon unit but I would rather have had it noisy than not at all with that heat.
The pool out the back was fine but incredibly warm but I suppose you can't cool a pool! The spa pool even had a health warning with it as it was like getting into a just boiled kettle!
We only had a few hours of the afternoon to kill but had a hilarious time on two jet bikes hammering round the huge lake and under the London Bridge. The lake was so warm its like slipping into a bath.
Had great night out in a local restaurant overlooking the bridge and a great locals bar further downtown. All in all, the one night stay at the Hampton Inn was an unexpected success all round.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Skinboy
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Thanks for taking your travel agent's advice to break up your long trip, and for choosing our hotel. Yes, it is hot here, really hot, and I'm sorry you had some problems with you AC unit. I hope you were happy with the resolution options offered by our team, because we want every guest to be 100% satisfied with their stay here. I'm glad you enjoyed your stopover in Lake Havasu, and hope you will stay with us again if your travels ever bring you back this way.