“Average”

Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed 29 March 2013

After learning this hotel receivied a tripadvisor award in 2012 I am unable to understand how it earned such an accolade. The decor throughout the property is old and tired.The rooms are small. I cannot say this property is lacking in anything significant, but the Hampton Inn in Lake Havasu City has nothing exemplary to boast. The pool is nice, but not noteworthy. The staff is friendly but nothing beyond what I might expect from a Hilton property, At $120 per night I found it pricey.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

An older Hampton Inn. My room had both an interior and exterior door. It is very well maintained. Best fitness center I have ever seen at a Hampton Inn. Great breakfast. Hotel is located close to many restaurants and the London Bridge.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Thanks for posting your review and rating of us. Hampton's new Jump Start Fitness program is a great improvement over our previous fitness room, and it's nice to get the positive feedback from you. I hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Booked this room for parents staying in town for a pricy $340.04 for two nights. Complimentary breakfast included helps a little with price. Clerk was cordial, but not welcoming. Room was smaller than expected, but clean. I'm assuming price is based on location as it is next to lake and island. Parents stated they slept well in the king bed.

Only real complaint is I paid for two nights in advanced, but charged a deposit for a whole charge of $408.05! At this time deposit not returned as promised. The deposit was not printed on my receipt. When asked clerk about this she stated "That is how its done here." It is now one week past my parents stay and deposit has not been returned to my account. I called and spoke to desk clerk about situation and was told the only charge listed is room and tax, and now I have to resolve through accounting. If you choose to stay here be sure all charges are listed on a receipt, hand written if need be! I am not sure why deposit would need to be charged when paying in advanced and in full. It makes one wonder about the accounting practices at this hotel.

Room Tip: This room was on top floor facing lake and was quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

I am very sorry for the frustation you experienced due to billing confusion and offer my apologies.
We were under the impression we had resolved this issue to your satisfaction If this is not the case, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can make this right for you.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Staff provided a nice homey feeling and were there to assist and made my visit extremely pleasant. Featured an excellent hot breakfast bar with access to hot chocolate, tea, and coffee throughout the day. Quiet rooms. Nice access to the river walk. Nice vacation spot!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thanks for your recent stay and 5 star rating. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Have stayed here several times over the years and it does look like they have done some updating. I have stayed in both the king and two queen bed rooms and I like the two queen beds better. The room is a little bigger. The king room seems a little tight. Keep in mind that they have smoking rooms in this hotel. If that bothers you, make sure to request a room that is not on the smoking floor. Also, this hotel is not near the "action" of the lake...restaurants and bars. However, on certain days of the week they have happy hour in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobbieR
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Thanks for sharing your candid comments about your many stays with us. Our happy hour is offered Mondays through Thursdays from 5-7 pm, and is complimentary to our guests. It is a great opportunity to mingle with fellow guests and hotel personnel. We look forward to serving you here again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I have to say the service here is excellent, I see how busy Lizi is at the front desk, and knowing this I needed to book a room one night and the hotel was full and I told her if she would be so kind to call me if a room frees up to call me. She called me back 30 mins later to let me know a room was free and she had booked it for me already, this made my 13 hour work day end on a good note. This is the cleanest, quietest hotel in Lake Havasu, if you are looking at this review just know I am a traveling Medical Device rep, and I stay in a hotel 4 to 5 day of my week, comfort, and courtesy is very important to me, and having someone who knows you on a first name basis make me feel right at home when I stay here. Hats off to LIZI, and the rest of the staff at this Hampton INN!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write and post your comments and 5 star rating. Kind words from a professional road warrior like you mean a great deal to us, and we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. Lizi has been with us for almost 5 years, and inspires all of us to do our best with every guest, every day. I'll be sure she receives the thanks she deserves for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to serving you here again.

Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is Super Super Clean! Fantastic customer service, met amazing friendly people! The have a great fun free happy hour nd an amazing breakfast included with your hotel price. What made this trip unforgettable though are the staff, they are a wonderful group of people who take pride in the property, town, nd job. Love it! Will stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and 5 star rating about your recent stay with us. We really do love what we do, and we love our town, and really appreciate your kind words and recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope you will let us serve you here again soon.