“Decent and Convenient”

Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for a triathlon and got a great deal. The hotel was clean and in a very convenient location. It is an older building, though, so it smelled a little smoky and was not quite as nice as other Hamptons I have stayed in. I might stay again for the price. Everything was clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Christin C,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your review. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great hotel within walking distance to London Bridge, great restaurants and the Lake. Easy Shuttle access to downtown or College Street Brewery for only $7 and $1 more for each additional person. This is just an awesome location and place to kick back relax and have a great time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear 755shellyr,

Thank you taking the time to write and submit your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. I hope we can welcome you back and thank you in person soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The staff were very friendly and knew what they were doing. The room was very clean and the bathroom was clean. The breakfast was delicious;could not have done better! When we inadvertently locked ourselves out of the room, the staff was very helpful in helping us. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Larry Y,

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your nice review about your stay with us which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Lake Havasu was our stopover by default as it was the most convenient to do Seaplane training. We were offered a fantastic deal at the Hampton and had a very comfortable and relaxed stay. The Hampton is close to London Bridge and the central part of town. The Hampton it is about 400m from the lake but it was very windy so this was a blessing. I would most definitely stay there again and would like to see only 2 changes. The Pool Towels are very small (Pool area is great) and breakfast (yummy) is served on disposable plates and utensils.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear DurbanStadiumView,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as your home during training here. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I'm sorry you were disappointed in our pool towels, and want you to know we do use brand mandated disposable products from Enviroware - here's more about them.

*Enviroware is manufactured with an active organic catalyst (AOC)
developed to accelerate the degradation rate
·Enviroware plates, bowls, containers and trays are manufactured
using 100% recycled CO2 instead of a hydrocarbon blowing agent
· Heavy duty for strength and performance
· Meets FDA standard requirements

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel has been renovated recently I was told. The lobby and breakfast area are very nice. The rooms are decent, as in clean but there are several cracks in the ceiling and hundreds of gnats- both dead and alive around the window and AC. I found it quite unsettling the dead ones hadn't been vacuumed from the windowsill, floor, cobwebs, corners of the window, room and AC. When I brought it to the desk managers attention she said she'd forgotten to tell me, as this is normal because of the lake and mountains. Ok, understandable. Except, clean the dead ones and screen the AC unit's so they cannot get in! Although I did notice, even after wiping them away, there's be 100 more dead gnats to clean up. Totally disgusting. This is why I rated the hotel "average".
There was also a weird smell in the hallway I wasn't pleased with, a mixture of poop and air freshener during the day and flea shampoo or tick collar at night.... I think it's pesticides. Which irritates me even more.
The area surrounding the hotel is beautiful though. Gorgeous views outside, wishing we had a room with a balcony! There's an area you can walk out in the back to get a better view, probably even walk right down to the water. There's a lot of trash and glass out there. People are pigs. The whole city has trash everywhere.
The wifi is fine.
The doors don't shut well, you need to make sure it's shut and locked or you can just push it open.
The pool is great, had a nice hot tub too!
They're the only pet friendly Hampton Inn we've come across since Haverhill Massachusetts while driving cross country.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Casey831,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort and poor service you received here during your recent stay. We want to provide the best in service and accommodations to every guest and take it very seriously when we fail. I will certainly use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. We'd like the opportunity to make amends and hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can continue this discussion personally. We value your feedback and your business and hope we can regain your confidence.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I wish I could remember who checked us in, because she was lovely. She even upgraded us to a Lake View and gave us a chioce of what floor we prefered (I've found this to not be common at some other locations.) Thank you! You made our stay very comfortable.
Breakfast was fantastic as always! I wish we'd brought our swim suits to try out the inviting pool outside. Maybe next time.

That being said, I was disappointed with the cleanliness of the guest room, and that's why I couldn't give this hotel 5 stars. The bathroom had trash on the floor, the toilet was really stained, and the walls in the shower had not been cleaned in who knows how long.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear daisyb0mb,

Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you were happy with the service you received during check in and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I'm very sorry about the poor job our housekeeping department did in your room and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. We'd like the opportunity to make amends and hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com at your earliest convenience so we can continue this personally. I hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way from LA to the Grand Canyon. As we had our 13 yr old daughter with us we thought it would be an ideal stopping point to show her where London Bridge went. We arrived to a staggering 98 degrees. We've never encountered such heat before and were glad we were only stopping over the night.

The reception staff were pretty friendly. Our room was okay but clean. We'd just come from a 4 star Hilton property in LA and although it didn't match up to that it was perfectly clean and comfortable with a lovely big bathroom. We changed and went straight out to look at the Bridge which is within walking distance - although tough going in the heat but we wanted to eat over-looking the bridge and have a drink so didn't want to take the car.

We had visited Lake Havasu a couple times before and noticed that the English village was as tacky as ever. We English really won't mind if you pull it down and put up something more exciting!

We ate at the Brewery just the other side of the bridge which has good views and a lively, friendly atmosphere. The food and service was very good also. We were slightly concerned about walking back in the dark but the waitress assured us that it's a very safe area so we did and it was an ideal way to walk off our food.

We left fairly early the next morning as we were keen to get to the Canyon and wanted to breakfast en route so we didn't use any of the facilities. Our only complaint would be that the air conditioning was SO loud and vibrated through the room and up through the bed that we couldn't use it when we went to bed as it kept us awake and the vibrations made us feel sick. Other than that the room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Amanda W,

Thanks for including us in your recent trip, and for taking the time to write and share your comments. I'm so glad you and your family tolerated the heat outside and enjoyed your time here. I'm very sorry about the noisy AC unit in your room and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort you experienced. If you would let us know which room you were in by sending me an email at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com, I'll make sure our maintenance team makes whatever repairs are necessary so others don't have the same idea. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you on a future visit.