All reviews london bridge happy hour business center complimentary breakfast the breakfast area nice place to stay grand canyon parking lot stayed one night lake carol inns elevator lhc arizona roomy trash
Reviewed 27 February 2009

I think it's a former Holiday Inn.We chose this hotel because it was pet friendly.It is a busy place,but quiet.There are some long term guests and contractors that stay here.The hotel is nice but showing its age,needs some updating and clean up.Our room was average size,bathroom seemed small.(Think spring break hotel).They have a few rooms that have balconies facing the lake,other than that the windows don't open.
A/C is really loud.There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance,Cha Bones was good.There is a park area adjacent to the hotel,good for walks.
We would consider staying here again because there didn't seem to be anything that much better,especially for just a night or two.Also,we would request a lakeside/balcony room.

Date of stay: February 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MinnesotaTravelindog
Reviewed 29 November 2008

We stayed here as a one night stop off on our way from OR to AZ. The property, in general, is well kept. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. There are lots of restaurants near the hotel.

The room had two queen beds that were the standard Hampton Inn beds - a bit too hard for this side-sleeper, but most hotel beds at this price point are. I snagged the extra blanket from the closet so I could fold the comforter up and tuck it under myself for extra padding - it was lumpy, but better than without.

I was disappointed with the shower - it was a standard Waterpic that just didn't have enough settings or pressure to give a great shower. The towels and paper products were decent (not too hard and scratchy or skimpy).

The TV volume kept dropping out (I find this a lot in hotels for some reason).

The A/C was a window style unit that is hard to control and is pretty loud, but it was working and helped to block any corridor noise. It ends up being a little breezy for the person sleeping closest to the window.

I appreciated the fact that the in-room fridge had a small freezer compartment that kept my blue-ice mostly frozen.

The breakfast area was large and well stocked.

The free wireless worked well both in our room and in the lobby.

Date of stay: November 2008
1  Thank galavantersjoy
Reviewed 23 October 2008

We just stayed one night on the way home from Arizona to San Diego. I wanted to see the bridge. We were able to check in early. Room was very nice, a view of the lake, refrigerator, coffee maker. We got a deck so had our afternoon cocktail outside which was fun. Our dog loved the deck too. Delicious breakfast, eggs, toast, bagels, cereal, sweet roll, something for everyone. A short drive (too hot to walk) to the bridge. The wireless in our room was a little slow but no complaints after a week of not being on the computer. Overall a very clean, beautiful room. I would recommend.There is even a short walk to a park behind the hotel which the dog loved. After a couple days without grass he was glad to have some to run around on.

Date of stay: October 2008
1  Thank bammer09
Reviewed 24 August 2008

We were travelling from Flagstaff Arizona to Anaheim in California so we had selected Lake Havasu City to stop off for one night only, to break up our journey.
We selected the Hampton Inn based on its fairly good reviews in Tripadvisor.
I have to say we were happy with what we found , the rooms were fine and my son enjoyed the swimming pool that evening . The temperature was around 105 oF in Lake Havasu when we arrived , however the following morning temperatures dropped dramatically as rain arrived and this gave us a difficult journey over a mountainous region into California.
There was a free breakfast at the Hampton Inn , however it was very busy and I probably would have preferred to go out and pay for a cooked breakfast.
I must also add that the staff at the front desk were very pleasant and efficient and I was happy with my first ever stay in a Hampton Inn.

Date of stay: July 2008
1  Thank mushuBelfast
Reviewed 22 August 2008

We stayed at the Hampton Inn at Lake Havasu for 1 night when traveling from the Grand Canyon to Palm Springs. We were at room 231, that room is just above the main airco units, that kept us from sleeping all night! At the pool there were no clean towels available. That was reported at the reception, but 30 minutes later the towels had not arrived.

The complimentary breakfast served in the morning was O.K.

Date of stay: August 2008