All reviews london bridge happy hour very nice hotel complimentary breakfast nice breakfast nice room grand canyon waffles stayed one night parking lot lake carol inns elevator california lhc channels
Reviewed 22 September 2009

My wife and I stayed here for five nights, as we investigated real estate, did tourist things, and made two trips to Laughlin.

LOCATION: Located on London Bridge Road, the hotel is one of several hotels located along a mile-stretch. It is an easy ride to London Bridge, restaurants, buffets, fast food, gas stations, CVS, strip malls -- all the comforts of home.

THE ROOM: The room with one king bed is a comfortable size. My wife and I didn’t have to coordinate our movements to avoid bumping in to each other. The room contained an iron/ironing board, hair dryer, clock, fridge, microwave. Drawers and closet space are adequate. There was a full length mirror. USA Today is included in the room price. If you bring your computer, high speed internet access is available in the room and is included in the room price. The TV was a flat screen. The shower spray is steady and the water temperature remains constant. The shower is a shower/bath combination. The bathroom has a nightlight. The bathroom had plenty of counter space. Housekeeping was dependable, friendly, and performed their duties well. The bed was comfortable. My wife, who is a light sleeper, commented on how well soundproofed the room was. The air conditioner was effective and quiet. We chose a room with a balcony and a view of the lake.

ELEVATORS: Slow and steady -- adequate for a 4-floor hotel -- never an unreasonable wait

STAFF: Pleasant, helpful, and accommodating

INTERNET ACCESS: If you don’t have your computer with you, the hotel provides a business center with two computers attached to a printer. The business center is roomy and contains helpful office supplies like a stapler, scissors, and pens. The cost is included in the price of the room. We were there in mid-September so kids were back in school and not traveling yet, so we didn’t experience the frustration of discourteous parents parking their kids at the computers and using them as babysitters.

FOOD: Like all Hampton Inns at which I’ve stayed, the guests have access to a buffet breakfast which is built into the price of the room. Cereal, sausage, eggs/French toast/waffles, yogurt, breads, bagels, pastries, fruit, milk, juice, coffee, and tea are standard. The breakfast crew does an excellent job restocking. A Hampton Inn buffet breakfast is not intended to be a sit-down breakfast at a coffee shop with your eggs made to order and is therefore easy to criticize for not being what it never intended to be. It’s an efficient way to refuel and get on your way.

POOL: The pool area is well maintained. The pool itself is clean and sparkling. Unlike major hotels which often pipe music into the pool area, the pool area is quiet. There’s a sign forbidding radios. The pool gets unobstructed sunlight all afternoon.

All-in-all, a well run Hampton Inn with no surprises.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sanamarl
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We stayed here for one night only as a stop over but were really impressed with this hotel. The facilities are excellent, we got 2 free drinks on arrival, free internet access (the only hotel on our trip that had free access) and good location near to London Bridge. The only problem was that the air con was very loud but it was hot so needed to be on all night.
The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nadine-7
Reviewed 24 July 2009

The Hampton has a good location near the lake and we popped for a lake view room. I found the prices a bit steep even with the $15 discount coupon I had. Front desk service was great, but I had to call a couple times to actually book the room as I was on permanent hold the first time I called. The room was just average. Breakfast was below average. Skip the stuff that looks like eggs; it's not an egg and it was horrible. One thing I didn't like was that there was no place to sit outside after the pool area closed. The big advantage for us and the main reason we chose the Hampton was being able to take our Jack Russell without additional charge.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2009

We were very satisfied with what we found at this hotel. There aren't very many choices in Lake Havasu for a clean hotel at a reasonable price, so it was nice to see that this one met our expectations. Was a little dark walking to the downtown area at night, but otherwise, no complaints!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2009

I stayed here while I was relocation from Oregon to Texas. We mainly wanted to see the town and we didn't have many options for hotels. We are Marriott people, but there were no Marriotts so we chose the Hampton Inn instead. We did not arrive till late in the evening but the desk clerk was very nice. She had found my Mom's Hilton Honors number already and attached it to the reservation even though we didn't ask about it. Our room was a "lake view" room. The halls were a tad narrow and humid, but it's Arizona and we are on a lake....so I can't hold the Hampton to that one.

Our room was great, very clean. It was nice to see a mini fridge and a microwave in the rooms. I wish we would have stayed longer too! I love love love Hampton Beds! I loev the bedding, the mattress, the pillows, EVERYTHING! I had the best nights rest!

Breakfast was just alright. I'm not a fan of premade egg paties and ham sitting in water in the buffett. I know Hampton changed their breakfast right after we stayed too.

All in all it was a comfortable stay and I would go back with more people for summer so I could actually enjoy the Lake!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends