All reviewslondon bridgehappy hourvery nice hotelcomplimentary breakfastnice breakfastnice roomgrand canyonwafflesstayed one nightparking lotlakecarolinnselevatorcalifornialhcchannels
Reviewed 2 November 2009

This is a very odd Hampton. We've stayed at many and this has the feel of a Motel 8 - very basic, inexpensive furnishings, thin walls. We used my IPod in the evening to drown out the noise from units on both sides. We stayed in the "suite" 406. Instantly obvious that this was an afterthought. Living space and bedroom all in one room. I used my laptop in the dark when I couldn't sleep in order to not wake my husband. So much for the benefits of a "suite"! Breakfast was plentiful, but not good. Eggs had weird taste and fruit was aged.
The worst thing about this stay was that my husband left his Blackberry in our room accidentally and realized his mistake about an hour down the road. We called the hotel, told them what happened and exactly where the phone was, and they assured us the room had not yet been cleaned and they would tell housekeeping to bring the phone to the front desk. We then gave them our address and they said they would overnight it and charge the credit card they had on file. I called back two hours later to make sure they had all the info they needed and they told me the phone was not in the room. I told them we were 100% sure and remembered exactly where it was because there was only one outlet in the room that would accommodate the charger. They had me speak to housekeeping who told me "as soon as you hanged up, me and maintenance went to the room and there was no phone there." I reiterated exactly where it was and she repeated that there was no phone. When we arrived at our destination a few hours later, my husband and I scoured our belongings just to make sure we weren't mistaken. I then called the hotel again and told them we were 100% certain that the phone was there when we left and that they had a thief on their staff. Sammy Jo (the desk manager) was very pleasant and tried to be helpful, but they obviously do not know their staff well. It makes me uncomfortable knowing our credit card information is in their system. DO NOT STAY HERE. THE HOUSEKEEPING/MAINTENANCE/STAFF IS DISHONEST AND YOUR BELONGINGS ARE NOT SAFE! We will stay with Hampton again, but NEVER at this location.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pilotmom90
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We stayed here last miniute and glad we did very comfortable room and best nights sleep i had in 3 weeks of hotels in the states. Well done this hotel you were excellent and the staff service was second to none

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I never sleep well at home, but I slept great on the two nights we stayed. We had the king size bed and it was so comfortable. I should have asked what kind of mattress they had. Very friendly staff including the front desk clerks to the bartender. The breakfast was the best continental breakfast I've ever had compared to any other hotel I've stayed at before. There was such a variety of juices, coffee, fruits, cereals and actually had hot items available. We had friends that were traveling with us and they were as impressed as we were with the rooms and service. The location was nice as we walked from the ferry back to the room.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2009

My wife and I stayed here for five nights, as we investigated real estate, did tourist things, and made two trips to Laughlin.

LOCATION: Located on London Bridge Road, the hotel is one of several hotels located along a mile-stretch. It is an easy ride to London Bridge, restaurants, buffets, fast food, gas stations, CVS, strip malls -- all the comforts of home.

THE ROOM: The room with one king bed is a comfortable size. My wife and I didn’t have to coordinate our movements to avoid bumping in to each other. The room contained an iron/ironing board, hair dryer, clock, fridge, microwave. Drawers and closet space are adequate. There was a full length mirror. USA Today is included in the room price. If you bring your computer, high speed internet access is available in the room and is included in the room price. The TV was a flat screen. The shower spray is steady and the water temperature remains constant. The shower is a shower/bath combination. The bathroom has a nightlight. The bathroom had plenty of counter space. Housekeeping was dependable, friendly, and performed their duties well. The bed was comfortable. My wife, who is a light sleeper, commented on how well soundproofed the room was. The air conditioner was effective and quiet. We chose a room with a balcony and a view of the lake.

ELEVATORS: Slow and steady -- adequate for a 4-floor hotel -- never an unreasonable wait

STAFF: Pleasant, helpful, and accommodating

INTERNET ACCESS: If you don’t have your computer with you, the hotel provides a business center with two computers attached to a printer. The business center is roomy and contains helpful office supplies like a stapler, scissors, and pens. The cost is included in the price of the room. We were there in mid-September so kids were back in school and not traveling yet, so we didn’t experience the frustration of discourteous parents parking their kids at the computers and using them as babysitters.

FOOD: Like all Hampton Inns at which I’ve stayed, the guests have access to a buffet breakfast which is built into the price of the room. Cereal, sausage, eggs/French toast/waffles, yogurt, breads, bagels, pastries, fruit, milk, juice, coffee, and tea are standard. The breakfast crew does an excellent job restocking. A Hampton Inn buffet breakfast is not intended to be a sit-down breakfast at a coffee shop with your eggs made to order and is therefore easy to criticize for not being what it never intended to be. It’s an efficient way to refuel and get on your way.

POOL: The pool area is well maintained. The pool itself is clean and sparkling. Unlike major hotels which often pipe music into the pool area, the pool area is quiet. There’s a sign forbidding radios. The pool gets unobstructed sunlight all afternoon.

All-in-all, a well run Hampton Inn with no surprises.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sanamarl
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We stayed here for one night only as a stop over but were really impressed with this hotel. The facilities are excellent, we got 2 free drinks on arrival, free internet access (the only hotel on our trip that had free access) and good location near to London Bridge. The only problem was that the air con was very loud but it was hot so needed to be on all night.
The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple