“Very Comfortable Bed, just what i expect from Hampton”

Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed 8 April 2010

We checked in without reservations on a road trip from the Grand canyon. It was a busy weekend with many Boaters arriving, but the Front Desk staff handled everyone with great speed.

We were only here for a night, enough to enjoy the Pool then clean up and sleep. We used the Air Conditioner Fan to drown out the highway noises, and slept very well. I liked the mattress well enough to look at the label.

Our room was very clean and well stocked with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, internet access, toiletries, alarm clock, etc.

We enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning before hitting the road again. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 March 2010

My husband and I stayed 2 nights 4-6 March and on the second day drove to the West Rim of the Canyon and did the Sky Walk. Hotel was fine but the air conditioning in our room was really loud and kept me awake most of the night. We had a small view of the Lake but not much of a view really. Hotel staff were fine and breakfast more than adequate for our needs. Did the walk over London Bridge and surrounding area. Had dinner at a restaurant down the road called Chambons which was lovely. good shopping at Dillards and other stores.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2010

My wife is very picky about hotels. We traveled from San Diego and arrived late at night. I had a good rate, but upon my arrival the front desk gave me an outstanding rate for being active duty military. Although our stay was short, it was exceptional. We were starting out on a cross country trip and this hotel made the start a wonderful experience. A really enjoyable breakfast also.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2009

First impressions were not great - a concrete block facing across the road to other concrete blocks of no architectural merit. Our room was dark blue and white - not the most welcoming of colours - and faced the road. I am very sensitive to noise in hotels, and found that there was an electric hummmmmm all night long - probably from the elevator and air conditioning machinery on the roof (we were on the top floor). I told the lady at the front desk next morning and she couldn't have been more helfpul. She gave me a key to another top floor room, but this had the same hummmmmm. Then she gave me a key to a ground floor room with an external door to the car park and a distant view of the lake. What a difference this made! Had I left after the first night, I would have given the room a very poor rating, but after the second night, I liked it a lot. Rooms are old and in need of refurbishment (these are not your standard comfy Hampton Inn rooms). Breakfast was okay, and there's a very big pool area. But I remember the very helful staff.

My advice is to make sure you get a room at the back. Some have balconies with lake views.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2009

Had a wonderful stay. The front desk staff was knowledgeable and helpful, the breakfast was delicious, and our dog was made to feel welcome. The king sized bed was exceptionally comfortable.

Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed 2 November 2009

This is a very odd Hampton. We've stayed at many and this has the feel of a Motel 8 - very basic, inexpensive furnishings, thin walls. We used my IPod in the evening to drown out the noise from units on both sides. We stayed in the "suite" 406. Instantly obvious that this was an afterthought. Living space and bedroom all in one room. I used my laptop in the dark when I couldn't sleep in order to not wake my husband. So much for the benefits of a "suite"! Breakfast was plentiful, but not good. Eggs had weird taste and fruit was aged.
The worst thing about this stay was that my husband left his Blackberry in our room accidentally and realized his mistake about an hour down the road. We called the hotel, told them what happened and exactly where the phone was, and they assured us the room had not yet been cleaned and they would tell housekeeping to bring the phone to the front desk. We then gave them our address and they said they would overnight it and charge the credit card they had on file. I called back two hours later to make sure they had all the info they needed and they told me the phone was not in the room. I told them we were 100% sure and remembered exactly where it was because there was only one outlet in the room that would accommodate the charger. They had me speak to housekeeping who told me "as soon as you hanged up, me and maintenance went to the room and there was no phone there." I reiterated exactly where it was and she repeated that there was no phone. When we arrived at our destination a few hours later, my husband and I scoured our belongings just to make sure we weren't mistaken. I then called the hotel again and told them we were 100% certain that the phone was there when we left and that they had a thief on their staff. Sammy Jo (the desk manager) was very pleasant and tried to be helpful, but they obviously do not know their staff well. It makes me uncomfortable knowing our credit card information is in their system. DO NOT STAY HERE. THE HOUSEKEEPING/MAINTENANCE/STAFF IS DISHONEST AND YOUR BELONGINGS ARE NOT SAFE! We will stay with Hampton again, but NEVER at this location.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pilotmom90
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We stayed here last miniute and glad we did very comfortable room and best nights sleep i had in 3 weeks of hotels in the states. Well done this hotel you were excellent and the staff service was second to none

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family